Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

For some reason this kid is the one that I'm most excited about, I don't know why, probably because of our recent history with developing young talent.

It's also the one rumour that has no substance to it. But something in my gut tells me we should go for this guy and that it would turn out alright for us. Which also probably means if we did sign him, he'd be doggo  lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

For some reason this kid is the one that I'm most excited about, I don't know why, probably because of our recent history with developing young talent.

It's also the one rumour that has no substance to it. But something in my gut tells me we should go for this guy and that it would turn out alright for us. Which also probably means if we did sign him, he'd be doggo  lol

It's so blatantly obvious that he's on a one way ticket to the top, you can see it in his game. Last season he was undercooked, not used as much as he'd like and he's using that frustration this season by stepping it up in these 2 CL qualifiers he's played. Looks destined to be a world beater, the fact he's English as well will drive the demand up for him. I'd love us to make a statement and go after him like we did Fofana, pay what it takes and deal with how we finance it afterwards. He won't be a mistake.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Pay what they want ? Worry about it later? So glad you’re not running the club or any business I was involved in 😂

Hahahaa you know what I mean. Like what we did with Fofana in the end, we pushed and pushed and got him.

10 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Pay what they want ? Worry about it later? So glad you’re not running the club or any business I was involved in 😂

...there must have been in your business, where you saw an opportunity and went for it, believing at the time it was an expense which would cause you to overlook other areas for investment, but it would be worth it in the long run!!!

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa you know what I mean. Like what we did with Fofana in the end, we pushed and pushed and got him.

Sounds like a pretty similar scenario to the Fofana deal in that the controlling staff member (Puel with Fofana, Technical Director for PSV) doesn’t want to sell but if we offer enough cash then the board will get involved to possibly approve the deal

Just need to make it worth their while, probably cost €25m+ really

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like a pretty similar scenario to the Fofana deal in that the controlling staff member (Puel with Fofana, Technical Director for PSV) doesn’t want to sell but if we offer enough cash then the board will get involved to possibly approve the deal

...even at 30m Euros he would be a good investment!!!

Hard to see that we could make a loss on this and if we did it would not be a significant one. This however would preclude the purchase of Pereira, and I am not saying that Pereira is the same quality as Coutinho, but he would be a very good version who would cover all the aspect that we are looking to bring Coutinho for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

All well and good but they've just got 30m for malen so won't need to sell. 

I agree he feels like another fofana but psv seem in a different place to ASSE.

Also don't think the player will push in the same way fofana did. He seems very happy there.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Also don't think the player will push in the same way fofana did. He seems very happy there.

He was actually quite unhappy at the end of last season/start of the summer as he wasn’t getting to start as many games as he wanted, and wanted to move to a team that would start him every week, looks like that could’ve changed with him starting both of PSV’s Champions League Qualifiers so far though

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The way I see it is, they only got €30m for Malen who is more proven, so a similar price and they'd be under strong pressure to sell. 

8 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

As you’ve said repeatedly they won’t sell with the chance of the Champions League and the player will want hang around as well putting himself in that shop window

10 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Buy an appreciating asset? The plan seems quite sound to me.

Sorry to poop at the party, but (as I said elsewhere) Madueke gives me a Ryan Sessegnon vibe and perhaps it was just due to his relatively underwhelming appearance at the Euro 21 championship. Of course, it could be just a one-off and personally I am wary of judging players solely on the tournament appearances (positive and/or negative), but I personally would not be willing to 'gamble' anything near 30 mil on him. Anyway, I have great faith in our recruitment team and process.   

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We were linked fairly concretely a while back, near the start of the window

6 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Sorry to poop at the party, but (as I said elsewhere) Madueke gives me a Ryan Sessegnon vibe and perhaps it was just due to his relatively underwhelming appearance at the Euro 21 championship. Of course, it could be just a one-off and personally I am wary of judging players solely on the tournament appearances (positive and/or negative), but I personally would not be willing to 'gamble' anything near 30 mil on him. Anyway, I have great faith in our recruitment team and process.   

Appearance at euro 21 championship? Who exactly did he play for as he identifies as English? 

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Appearance at euro 21 championship? Who exactly did he play for as he identifies as English? 

England. He started in the loss against Portugal (and incidentally Trincao looked a peach in the same game). 

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Madueke, Pereira, Bailey or Barardi. You just know we'll sign one of them, and wished we'd signed one of the others after 10 or so games. Hope I'm wrong.

You probably are wrong. 

We'll sign none of them and wish we'd signed any of them after 1 or so games...

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

You probably are wrong. 

We'll sign none of them and wish we'd signed any of them after 1 or so games...

You're probably right, the best I can see as it stands is a loan and that loan won't be any of them

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I just hope it doesn’t get to the stage where we’re submitting late bids and looking desperate 

or even worse,  Arsenal put in a huge late bid for Maddison and we're left looking for a creative CAM + RW in the last week of the window

Edited by turlo
typo

4 minutes ago, turlo said:

or even worse,  Arsenal put in a huge late bid for Maddison and we're left looking for a creative CAM + RW in the last week of the window

Absolutely no way we'd sell without a replacement. 

• Like 3