Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Noni Madueke

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....won't happen, we would already have a list of players previously identified!!!

....Lets hope not. However unlikely it is, if Arsenal slapped down 70 mill in cash in the last week, do you think we'd reject it? Even with replacements identified their prices would rocket with clubs knowing we're loaded with cash & desperate. Worst case scenario of course. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, turlo said:

....Lets hope not. However unlikely it is, if Arsenal slapped down 70 mill in cash in the last week, do you think we'd reject it? Even with replacements identified their prices would rocket with clubs knowing we're loaded with cash & desperate. Worst case scenario of course. 

.....not going to sell unless we have someone in place!!!

• Like 1

With Bailey almost certainly going to the Villa, Pereira off to West Ham or Al Hilal and Berardi being priced at €45m, Madueke is really the 'only game in town'. IF we are interested (some dispute as to the seriousness of our intentions), a bid of something around €30m (£25m) should get him. Can't see PSV turning that down, given their financial state. And the guy looks a 'proper job' , who COULD be fantastic, if well coached and allowed to develop more. 

Edited by bald reynard

15 hours ago, bald reynard said:

With Bailey almost certainly going to the Villa, Pereira off to West Ham or Al Hilal and Berardi being priced at €45m, Madueke is really the 'only game in town'. IF we are interested (some dispute as to the seriousness of our intentions), a bid of something around €30m (£25m) should get him. Can't see PSV turning that down, given their financial state. And the guy looks a 'proper job' , who COULD be fantastic, if well coached and allowed to develop more. 

I agree. I think it’s our best shot. Plus I think £30m would land him. He’s definitely a Leicester signing…. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is him we bid for, if we are going to make a move for a wide player. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I agree. I think it’s our best shot. Plus I think £30m would land him. He’s definitely a Leicester signing…. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is him we bid for, if we are going to make a move for a wide player. 

Noni, you are our best and only hope…

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Noni, you are our best and only hope…

Reading on the Praet thread what was said about the problems of registering foreign players and having to limit non-English players in our 25 man squad, going after this guy has got to be a big plus.  IF (big if) his price is something below £30m, the ratings he's getting, has got to mean a potentially exciting buy.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Reading on the Praet thread what was said about the problems of registering foreign players and having to limit non-English players in our 25 man squad, going after this guy has got to be a big plus.  IF (big if) his price is something below £30m, the ratings he's getting, has got to mean a potentially exciting buy.

Is he considered "English" for squad rules, though? It's not nationality, but 'association-trained." He moved to the Netherlands at 16. He would count as association-trained on a Dutch team...can he qualify for 2 associations at the same time, based in his youth training at Spurs? Serious question, because I don't know.

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Madueke doesn't come here after this transfer window. He'll go bang this season and even if one of the elite doesn't sign him, the fee demanded will be sub £40m which we don't pay for players so it's now or never.

....no reason why we cannot not pay sub £40m for Madueke next season!!!

It is not as if that would put him out of our reach at that price. If we were to pick up Pereira this window and sell Madders and then bring in Madueke for under £40m next season, then that would be a result.

Edited by sacreblueits442

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....no reason why we cannot not pay sub £40m for Madueke next season!!!

It is not as if that would put him out of our reach at that price. If we were to pick up Pereira this window and sell Madders and then bring in Madueke for under £40m next season, then that would be a result.

No reason other than we don't spend that much and that only changes if we get top 4 consistently. 

have we actually genuinely been linked at all? Or is it a case of a player that everyone thinks should be in our radar. I don’t know much about him, only seen highlights. He does fit our model but I can’t see it personally. heard anything reliable anyone?  

4 minutes ago, DezFox said:

have we actually genuinely been linked at all? Or is it a case of a player that everyone thinks should be in our radar. I don’t know much about him, only seen highlights. He does fit our model but I can’t see it personally. heard anything reliable anyone?  

Enter:

The Fellowship of the Wing @Ric Flair

12 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Yes we were linked a few times at the start of the transfer window, nothing since though so it's probably as good as over.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yes we were linked a few times at the start of the transfer window, nothing since though so it's probably as good as over.

I wanted to know but I didn’t want to know that haha shame, hope they surprise us. 

ok seen enough - he looks a very tidy player! Got the speed & the moves to glide past players and given the space will score. He'll come in very handy creating chances for our strikers. With Barnes on the other side we could cause a lot of teams some serious trouble. I for one would be happy if we bought him. Let's see what Santa brings us on deadline day.

• Like 1