Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

What is it with us and wingers? We can sign quality all over the park. Just that one area of late has been our sore point. Hope we can put an end to that later on in the summer

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

If it was £25M upfront sale I’d understand why we’d missed out after Daka and Soumare already signed but surprised we didn’t get this deal done

...I  believe in this instance spending £25m on a player you deem to be a fit in a jigsaw, and with FFP taking a hiatus, then it  is a no brainer to go ahead and do the deal. They obviously could not have been that convinced. 

See a few posters saying we could have sorted a deal if we wanted to.

As many have said, the Mendes and more generally Portuguese connection for Wolves meant if they wanted him, they were more likely to acquire him. 

Frustrating but don't blame the club as they did everything they could to get him the previous summer but Barca just didn't want to sell. 

Also, it looks like we need to sell before we can make any more purchases based on what Tanner and others have said. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

What is it with us and wingers? We can sign quality all over the park. Just that one area of late has been our sore point. Hope we can put an end to that later on in the summer

We just won't spend the money , probably because it all went on Perez. That was a bad mistake by Rodgers.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Surely we'll pursue Noni Madueke.

Dortmund have already held talks, Leeds sniffing too. We need to act fast.

Seen some clips of him from a friendly yesterday, ridiculous skill.

Guest Kopfkino

Seen enough players go somewhere else with people on here getting all disappointed and panicky turning out to be complete cack to be confident we’ve missed out on nothing here

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Calling £35mn as a 'good deal' when you've not seen him in the PL yet is a big call; but fair enough.

You don't want to buy some furniture do you? I value it at £8mn; but you can take it on loan for £1mn; option to buy of £4mn after the 12 months?

Weren't we prepared to pay £40m obligation to buy last season.

The lad was deemed good enough for Barcelona to spend €30m on him and one of the reasons he hasn't cut it there is because of the formation they play.

Makes you wonder in a back three is the stock formation when we're letting what could be a top quality loan slip through our fingers. Like the highly rated Under last season a loan with an option to buy looks a great deal for a player we aggressively chased last season. It gives us more questions than answers why we didn't pursue this. 

Was convinced Trincao was going to be the long awaited final piece of the jigsaw to solve our problem position on the right. Either we have changed our mind on him and shifted our sights elsewhere, Mendes is pulling the strings on this one, or the player himself didn’t fancy it for some reason.

just seems a little odd that after supposedly tracking him for some time, and even, if reports are to be believed putting in a big offer for him last summer, he has ended up at wolves.

Hopefully Berardi  incoming after the euros, or Pierra. 

Edited by urban fox

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  believe in this instance spending £25m on a player you deem to be a fit in a jigsaw, and with FFP taking a hiatus, then it  is a no brainer to go ahead and do the deal. They obviously could not have been that convinced. 

Very true maybe we aren’t looking for anyone in that position 

Lots of good options available and 8+ weeks of the window left. This is the most value-for-money market in a long, long time, and there is no point City going for someone they aren't quite so sure about anymore.

By watching him for another year they may have seen things they're not so keen on, or found someone better at a similar price point. It's as simple as that - we will recruit at RW before the end of the window

• Like 2

Just now, Gerard said:

Weren't we prepared to pay £40m obligation to buy last season.

The lad was deemed good enough for Barcelona to spend €30m on him and one of the reasons he hasn't cut it there is because of the formation they play.

Makes you wonder in a back three is the stock formation when we're letting what could be a top quality loan slip through our fingers. Like the highly rated Under last season a loan with an option to buy looks a great deal for a player we aggressively chased last season. It gives us more questions than answers why we didn't pursue this. 

Yes; but I suppose things change; and our £40mn was the entire amount; the Wolves cost won't be far off that.

15 minutes ago, dayday said:

People need to calm down we already have Soumare and Daka, plenty of time for others to arrive.

The club know what they’re doing.

When it comes to wingers they don't. Huge few weeks to get this right. I back them to do so but it's not guaranteed they will.

25 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

See a few posters saying we could have sorted a deal if we wanted to.

As many have said, the Mendes and more generally Portuguese connection for Wolves meant if they wanted him, they were more likely to acquire him. 

Frustrating but don't blame the club as they did everything they could to get him the previous summer but Barca just didn't want to sell. 

Also, it looks like we need to sell before we can make any more purchases based on what Tanner and others have said. 

...just recalling last season summer transfer window, but it wasn't for Barca not willing to release him, just him not willing to leave his comfort zone.

For us to go back and attempt to bring him in meant, we must have had some encouragement in some parts.

He seems to want to stay in a comfort zone, where familiarity around him is a must, probably speaks more to his mentality that his skills on the pitch.

Lots of Barca fans saying he’s dreadfully low on confidence. He doesn’t look too physical but his dribbling and delivery look good. It could have been another Cengiz Under.

Just hope we have something lined up. A left footed RW has to be a priority. 

I think the lack of wingers is more about a formation shift to start the season with 3 CBs and not 433. I'm more concerned how Barnes will even get in the team with this 352/532 formation.

I still think we will add a winger and a centre half but maybe Francisco Trincao/Barcelona wanted more of a guarantee of games?

On a personal level and from the limited times I have seen him over the months on Youtube, I cant see him looking any better than Under personally. I`d also be worried that a club like Barca are prepared to make a loss on a youngster when they are so cash strapped. If he was that good you would imagine they need younger players to go with these free transfers they seem to be getting.

Would he have picked us over Wolves? I think you have to see this from the player’s point of view. This is a loan and not, necessarily, a permanent move. He’d have to agree terms as well.

It’s also try before you buy for him. As a loan option he’s going to a team with a Portuguese manager and, literally, half the squad is Portuguese. For a club in a new country it’s going to give him ever chance of settling quickly into a new league. 

• Like 1