Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

Portuguese player joins Wolves with Mendes probably pulling the strings, how unsurprising.

There’s plenty more fish in the sea, but I just hope we don’t hook a poxy stickleback like Dan James.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Lots of Barca fans saying he’s dreadfully low on confidence. He doesn’t look too physical but his dribbling and delivery look good. It could have been another Cengiz Under.

Just hope we have something lined up. A left footed RW has to be a priority. 

You're absolutely spot on KFS. A right winger is a priority. I think we look best in a 4 3 3 so if we could get one more player in the door (outside of Bertrand who looks like a formality now),  I'd want this position sorted. 

25 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Seen enough players go somewhere else with people on here getting all disappointed and panicky turning out to be complete cack to be confident we’ve missed out on nothing here

...the mere fact that we were in for him, suggest we valued his services!!!

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just recalling last season summer transfer window, but it wasn't for Barca not willing to release him, just him not willing to leave his comfort zone.

For us to go back and attempt to bring him in meant, we must have had some encouragement in some parts.

He seems to want to stay in a comfort zone, where familiarity around him is a must, probably speaks more to his mentality that his skills on the pitch.

Maybe there was a bit of that - he had just moved to Barca - but Bartomeu ruled him out leaving saying he was among the young players they wanted to keep. 

Bartomeu was under huge pressure following the Messi contract debacle.

Obviously, Bartomeu has moved on and Trincao wants regular 1st team football now. 

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Weren't we prepared to pay £40m obligation to buy last season.

The lad was deemed good enough for Barcelona to spend €30m on him and one of the reasons he hasn't cut it there is because of the formation they play.

Makes you wonder in a back three is the stock formation when we're letting what could be a top quality loan slip through our fingers. Like the highly rated Under last season a loan with an option to buy looks a great deal for a player we aggressively chased last season. It gives us more questions than answers why we didn't pursue this. 

...not sure I see your point as you can not know to the extent we chased to make this work!!!

As I said at the end of last summers transfer window, he has no intention of coming here.

8 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Would he have picked us over Wolves? I think you have to see this from the player’s point of view. This is a loan and not, necessarily, a permanent move. He’d have to agree terms as well.

It’s also try before you buy for him. As a loan option he’s going to a team with a Portuguese manager and, literally, half the squad is Portuguese. For a club in a new country it’s going to give him ever chance of settling quickly into a new league. 

You'd have thought so. A better team with better facilities and a space in the team ready and waiting for him.

9 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

I think the lack of wingers is more about a formation shift to start the season with 3 CBs and not 433. I'm more concerned how Barnes will even get in the team with this 352/532 formation.

I still think we will add a winger and a centre half but maybe Francisco Trincao/Barcelona wanted more of a guarantee of games?

On a personal level and from the limited times I have seen him over the months on Youtube, I cant see him looking any better than Under personally. I`d also be worried that a club like Barca are prepared to make a loss on a youngster when they are so cash strapped. If he was that good you would imagine they need younger players to go with these free transfers they seem to be getting.

One of the main reasons I want to see us play a back four is that I think Harvey Barnes might be our best player and one of the best wide forwards in the league. 

I also think we look laboured in trying to break teams down when we play WB's as we end up with two FW's and supply them with limited ammunition.

Just want to see a back four with our FB's having someone in front of them working in tandem with a licence to run past them and three top attacking and creative players behind the striker. Barnes and Maddison are top quality and if we were to bring in a player of a similar standard then we have a top quality team. 

• Like 4

Just now, Gerard said:

One of the main reasons I want to see us play a back four is that I think Harvey Barnes might be our best player and one of the best wide forwards in the league. 

I also think we look laboured in trying to break teams down when we play WB's as we end up with two FW's and supply them with limited ammunition.

Just want to see a back four with our FB's having someone in front of them working in tandem with a licence to run past them and three top attacking and creative players behind the striker. Barnes and Maddison are top quality and if we were to bring in a player of a similar standard then we have a top quality team. 

Im with you on more quality and also on a 433. However, for me Evans starts as we are woeful in the air so that would mean even Caglar or Fofana, both linked to some of the biggest clubs in world football start on the bench and are picked when the squad is rotated. I personally think Rodgers will start with a 352 with this in mind.

I hope I am wrong on this one s our best football over the last couple of years when we play 433.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure I see your point as you can not know to the extent we chased to make this work!!!

As I said at the end of last summers transfer window, he has no intention of coming here.

If we're chasing a player then it's highly likely we've already spoke to them indirectly at the very least that they're prepared to come here. Pointless doing all that hard negotiation only for the player to point blank refuse. 

Definitely chose us over you lot :yesyes: :D

He's with Mendes' agency and moves to a club full of Portugeezers including a manager that knows and rates him. Not surprising really when he's a youngster. 

He also grew up in the same City as Neto and will know Semedo too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He's with Mendes' agency and moves to a club full of Portugeezers including a manager that knows and rates him. Not surprising really when he's a youngster. 

To be honest, having watched you guys last season I think you need him more then us.

How do you feel you will fair next season?

Edited by coolhandfox

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Can't blame you for being excited but the last player who decided to pass us up for a mid-table midlands team watched us win the league while his lot got relegated so... 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Is that really true, did he actually reject Leicester for Wolves?

43 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If we're chasing a player then it's highly likely we've already spoke to them indirectly at the very least that they're prepared to come here. Pointless doing all that hard negotiation only for the player to point blank refuse. 

...if you went back to last seasons summer transfer topic on him, we chased this deal extensively!!!

For us to have spent all the summer chasing this only at the end for him to decide he wants to fight for a position within the Barca team, for us once again to pursue his signature only to be told he has moved to a team across the way, at a fee  and deal we could match, to a team deemed of a lesser standing.

For a team so adept in procurement, this is a massive setback, but as others have suggested, there are other factors in play.

44 minutes ago, The Bear said:

...that all sounds very logical...but goes to a mentality where he won't back himself unless someone is there to hold his hand!!!

Ricardo may have known Puel, but when players are looking to move to clubs just because your mate or compatriot is there raises a question of motivation. 

He would have been amazing for us. There’s no dressing it up. But Wolves have the Portuguese connection so once that was brought into play we weren’t able to leverage it our way. Simple as that. It’s tough luck but some things are just beyond your control and I feel this is one of them. Let’s concentrate on what we can do. There’ll be a list of targets. Next!

Trincao might break his leg in training anyway… :ph34r:

If we were interested in him, perhaps it says something about his own confidence and ambitions that he decided to go to a mid table club, rather than one who has European football.

Like others have mentioned also, he is a relatively young lad and perhaps moving back to a Portuguese side was more comforting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

He would have been amazing for us. There’s no dressing it up. But Wolves have the Portuguese connection so once that was brought into play we weren’t able to leverage it our way. Simple as that. It’s tough luck but some things are just beyond your control and I feel this is one of them. Let’s concentrate on what we can do. There’ll be a list of targets. Next!

Trincao might break his leg in training anyway… :ph34r:

Based on what, one above average season at Braga?

lol tastes quite salty in here!

Wolves connection with Mendes was always going to win the day here, sure we would have been interested were the opportunity to arise, but clearly it has not given the people involved.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1