Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Definitely chose us over you lot :yesyes: :D

He's with Mendes' agency and moves to a club full of Portugeezers including a manager that knows and rates him. Not surprising really when he's a youngster. 

He also grew up in the same City as Neto and will know Semedo too. 

Delusions of grandeur.

I’ve said it in other threads. We do pretty well recruiting players and there are always threads where people wanted someone that someone else got. Move on, sure we will finish above wolves!

The fact they have agreed to a loan with an option to buy for only £25m suggests we weren't in for him. If so, that's a significant change to what we were offering last summer and there's no way Barca would have turned down more money or a less certain permanent deal just because of Mendes. Barca are skint and need money.

We haven't gone in for him it seems, which I'm a little unnerved by.

We won't get every target we have been linked with. Sure he chose Wolves down to the Portuguese contingent. Maybe prefers the comfort blanket of similar speaking players. Who knows if we were still in for him. I'd prefer going for a proven player that we know will improve then looking for a young talent and turn flat like Under. 

Guest SO1
3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fuming if we don't get a right winger 

I think we are. But I also think someone is being sold to get that player.This has been a issue for 4 years? that needs to be resolved. Feels like the clubs gears are grinding......quietly.

I have a feeling we are after someone based over here. 

We've always been very good controlling information leaks but it's been really quiet. The only person who seems to be getting any info is Fab and I don't think his contacts are as good here in the UK so I really wouldn't be surprised if it was someone based in the UK and possibly even brittish.... Dan James, Brooks, Hudson Odoi..... someone along the likes of that. 

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Definitely chose us over you lot :yesyes: :D

He's with Mendes' agency and moves to a club full of Portugeezers including a manager that knows and rates him. Not surprising really when he's a youngster. 

He also grew up in the same City as Neto and will know Semedo too. 

Happy to settle it on the pitch next season bro :) 

Guest SO1
5 minutes ago, Adster said:

People actually in meltdown over this lollol christ. 

Ever read our world class match and post match threads? Drama queen withdrawal.

8 minutes ago, Adster said:

A donkey with two legs is better than our current RW options so that's why there's a meltdown. 

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The fact they have agreed to a loan with an option to buy for only £25m suggests we weren't in for him. If so, that's a significant change to what we were offering last summer and there's no way Barca would have turned down more money or a less certain permanent deal just because of Mendes. Barca are skint and need money.

...how about taking him off Barca's  payroll for a season, and giving him quality football in the meantime, as a learning curve!!!

A win win for Barca, absolutely no reason for any deal to go ahead at the end of the loan and Barca have had the opportunity to solve their financial problems. 

30 minutes ago, Adster said:

....the thought about this for two seasons was that we could not find another player to match what he could offer us.

The thought was he was somewhat out of our league and to get him would have surpassed the signing of Daka and Soumare rolled into one.

For the price stated we could easily have picked him up...the tone of the possibility  for this transfer, was next level expectations, just because we did not attain our goal in this case does not mean that this is not a big blow, or surprise!!!

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Berardi is a level above him anyway. I get the sense that we were after him last summer but we are moving on to better targets this summer. No loss really. Wolves is about his level.

I think this is spot on.  We're able to recruit at a much higher level these days 

33 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how about taking him off Barca's  payroll for a season, and giving him quality football in the meantime, as a learning curve!!!

A win win for Barca, absolutely no reason for any deal to go ahead at the end of the loan and Barca have had the opportunity to solve their financial problems. 

An option to buy is pretty much always fixed in favour of the buyer. The seller can't pull out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmm, wouldn't surprise me if Wolves have paid a significant fee for the loan and option to buy, hence why the fee is relatively small for a permanent deal. 

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Hmm, wouldn't surprise me if Wolves have paid a significant fee for the loan and option to buy, hence why the fee is relatively small for a permanent deal. 

Yeah it will be £5m or more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Brace yourselves for a season of 3 at the back! :ph34r:

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4everfox said:

If we were genuinely interested in him, he wouldn't be joining Wolves. Which means we must have a superior player lined up.

Have heard nothing about Perreira for some time now. Could he be the "quiet deal" that we manage out of nowhere?