Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

What can you offer a 20y.o. young man to prise him away from a beautiful city like Barcelona? It would have to be the top salary at the club. Kasper and Jamie wouldn't be too happy with that. In my opinion we are wasting our time speculating on this one.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Trincao is getting far more time than Tielemans did but in the end its money that screams the loudest. Now that Barca have plugged the Suarez gap with Aguero they will be favourites to retake La Ligua, so young Francisco can be optimistic about medals. Our best chance of winning anything is still in the cups.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Now if you were him and had the chance to play with Lionel Messi , what would you do? We are fishing in the wrong pond here. Industrial cities in northern Europe like Lille are our best fishing grounds.

Barcelona appear to be happy to let him go. If he has no future there then he has to accept that and move on.

You seem determined to find a reason as to why he won’t leave.

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Barcelona appear to be happy to let him go. If he has no future there then he has to accept that and move on.

We chased him last season as well and we would have sounded him out if he was willing to come here and he obviously was. Clubs don't get deals done with other clubs only to find out the player has no intention of joining.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He was definitely interested.

I think some of us struggle to realise we:

• Are a top 6 club who can pay huge wages
  • Have a fantastic manager
  • Have recently opened a new world class training ground
  • Will have a ground expansion in the next 2 or 3 years
  • Are happy to let our best talent go if it benefits them and we get a good price, we won't hold them here against their will for years
  • Have european football
  • Have won 2 trophies in 6 years, with one being a few weeks ago
  • Are known for having one of if not the best chairman in the league
  • Have not just a squad of players but a whole host of staff members who love it here, from Kasper Schmeichel to the kit lady to the ground staff. It's a positive atmosphere from top to bottom
  • Constantly develop players, meaning that if you come here and give us 3 or 4 years you'll probably leave a much better player

I have no idea why players who aren't getting regular game time at big clubs would want to join us...

We just about sneak into the top 20 clubs in the world on revenue and status (imagine saying that 30 years a go). lol

If a truly elite club don't want you of which there are maybe a dozen or so in the world then we have to be considered by a player.

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Better to take a 10m loan fee, followed by a 30m obligation than the peanuts Sporting would offer?

...if Sporting can low ball them, then why can't we!!!

Once again looking at this player I  do not think it is worth committing £40m for him, I am just not that impressed by him. We could end up waiting all summer again only for him to take up another option and I want to have that position locked down and not pushing the boat out on someone who we could cover cheaper.

29 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We just about sneak into the top 20 clubs in the world on revenue and status (imagine saying that 30 years a go). lol

If a truly elite club don't want you of which there are maybe a dozen or so in the world then we have to be considered by a player.

I was wondering about this the other day and it doesn't seem long since we were in the low 40's. Where are we now?

57 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I suppose I am playing devil's advocate because I am in the Matheus Pereira camp. Less risk, smaller salary, premiership experience and less complications in getting him. He probably wouldn't even have to move house.

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Once again looking at this player I  do not think it is worth committing £40m for him, I am just not that impressed by him. We could end up waiting all summer again only for him to take up another option and I want to have that position locked down and not pushing the boat out on someone who we could cover cheaper.

And cheaper for what reason?

Not as good perhaps?

How many more Ghezzals and Unders do you want to try out?

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

I suppose I am playing devil's advocate because I am in the Matheus Pereira camp. Less risk, smaller salary, premiership experience and less complications in getting him. He probably wouldn't even have to move house.

He wasn’t very good when he played against us.

40 minutes ago, Gerard said:

But we are not a Champion's League club and there are 32 of those.

36 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Our forthright position when we did move for him, just as he moved to Barcelona, was quite telling I thought. We must really see something in this kid. If he is our attacking Fofana, then balls to it, get him whatever.

• Like 1

He was probably deflated by his teamates appaling defending. Everybody is entitled to a poor match now and again but the evidence is he doesn't make a habit of it. The best evidence is his popularity with the W.B.A. fans. None of us really know how good Trincao is. He is definitely talented otherwise he wouldn't be at Barca but he would be an expensive gamble for us.

28 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

And cheaper for what reason?

Not as good perhaps?

How many more Ghezzals and Unders do you want to try out?

..Stengs would be half the price!!!

Could cover left and right even play as a CAM!!!

Doesn't mean the quality will still not be there.

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Now if you were him and had the chance to play with Lionel Messi , what would you do? We are fishing in the wrong pond here. Industrial cities in northern Europe like Lille are our best fishing grounds.

I guess the same could’ve been said to everton when chasing James Rodrigues/Digne/Gomes/Mina... potentially Coutinho.... players will leave a club when they’re told they can leave and with Barca’s lack of funds and switch of formation/flock of new recruits along with multiple outlets reporting he could be up for grabs you know maybe he could be up for grabs lol 

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I wouldn't go anywhere near Stengs with Raiola as his agent

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I guess the same could’ve been said to everton when chasing James Rodrigues/Digne/Gomes/Mina... potentially Coutinho.... players will leave a club when they’re told they can leave and with Barca’s lack of funds and switch of formation/flock of new recruits along with multiple outlets reporting he could be up for grabs you know maybe he could be up for grabs lol 

As I have said above , money is the main factor. If he came to us on loan with Barca subsidizing his salary , it might be worth it. However we would want no obligation to buy if he plays a certain number of games. We don't want another Under fiasco. A permanent transfer would at the moment mean breaking our budget big time unless we sell a vital player.

37 minutes ago, monsell fox said:

I don’t really know much about trincao but has there been any new links to him then recently ?

Plenty.  Just not involving us...

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2021/05/roma-look-to-loan-barcelona-youngster/

https://cultofcalcio.com/milan-and-roma-tracking-barcelona-youngster/

https://sempremilan.com/cm-barcelona-man-with-e500m-clause-emerges-as-new-wing-target-for-milan

Edited by SilverFox

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

As I have said above , money is the main factor. If he came to us on loan with Barca subsidizing his salary , it might be worth it. However we would want no obligation to buy if he plays a certain number of games. We don't want another Under fiasco. A permanent transfer would at the moment mean breaking our budget big time unless we sell a vital player.

Not every player that players for Barca is on 400k a week buddy a quick google search shows he’s on €74k a week, as for Under it was clear Trincao was the man we were after for a long time I guess when we finally admitted defeat we had to move onto another target and Under reeked of a last minute Bennett esq deal.... Under was the man we got but the fact we were willing to sign Trincao on loan with an obligation to buy him for £40m before he’d even played a game for barca shows how badly we wanted him, I’m sure we were after him pre Barca when he was at Braga as well... we’ve got a reputation of revisiting transfer targets and I fully expect if he’s available Trincao will be no different 

Guest SO1
3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Koeman staying at Barcelona, won’t be good for Trincao if he carries on with the system he used last season

What's with the "Here we go"?  Fab stealing from Sean or vice versa?

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If he's the better player why would they sell him for half the price?

Does he play on the left?