Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Francisco Trincao

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Berardi....

Honestly cannot see it. However I said the same about daka.

Beradi's workrate is something Rodgers will love. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is bizarre, we were willing to chuff up £40m for him after a 2 year loan so what has changed. You can't even say its because we're going 3-4-1-2 because we still are 2 players short for it, possibly 3. Therefore we must have someone else lined up.

He was identified by Jose Fontes, the Portuguese scout that recently joined Roma. So *maybe* Fontes was super keen on him, but the rest of the scouting team were not?

Regardless at that deal and price, it seems like we missed out. Basically the same deal as Under but we passed on it? A season after offering a club record fee for him?

I think this might be one we have regrets over, he's got a ton of potential.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

We can’t have wanted him. We have clearly changed our mind on him. Well done to Wolves though, be interesting to see how he turns out. Quite exciting really to find out what the direction is now… hopefully there is one and it’s mind blowing!

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He was identified by Jose Fontes, the Portuguese scout that recently joined Roma. So *maybe* Fontes was super keen on him, but the rest of the scouting team were not?

Regardless at that deal and price, it seems like we missed out. Basically the same deal as Under but we passed on it? A season after offering a club record fee for him?

I think this might be one we have regrets over, he's got a ton of potential.

Possibly but we offered a 2 year loan with an obligation to buy of £40m which would have broken our transfer record. We must have seriously rated him.

I think St Albans is right, Mendes is pulling the strings on this deal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Well this is annoying. Fair play to Wolves though, he's a great edition. Neto, Trincão and Traore are some excellent wide options.

We'd better have some else lined up...

Traore and excellent 😂

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

We can’t have wanted him. We have clearly changed our mind on him. Well done to Wolves though, be interesting to see how he turns out. Quite exciting really to find out what the direction is now… hopefully there is one and it’s mind blowing!

Or we did, but he choose Wolves. He would have been excellent, but we'll have other irons in the fire I'm sure. It's the one piece of the puzzle that needs addressing this summer of all positions, so let's hope the player they do get is just as good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

FFS - we better have someone good lined up

.. I  thought Percy had retired...he hasn't been forthcoming regarding our new acquisitions, unless he has been moved to cover other teams...!!!

This move is a big surprise as we have chased this player for long enough and obviously being led on or Wolves offered more (financially).

Alternative would be Mattheus Pereira, at this moment would fit perfectly in this squad, can play Right and Left Wing and #10 role.

He can pick a pass, is aware of players movement around him, has a deft touch, has a great ability to impart spin on the ball which gives him far better control in deadball situations. The only drawback to all this is, he is not the experience head that Rodgers need to overcome the mentality surrounding this team.

I think if there was a game which Rodgers could pick out, from all the games he has managed us, it would be the West Brom match where we jumped into a early lead and at three nil up it finally dawned on him that he needs a rebuild as the players that he has, do not have the self discipline required to curb themselves and be ruthless on the pitch.

The rumour of Matic coming here may just be that, but just looking at how Rodgers sought to utilise Wes Morgan, late in a game or off field, I would not be surprised to see him as part of our roster next season. 

Edited by sacreblueits442

Just now, sdb said:

That's annoyed me. Hope we smash them day 1. Everything that's shite about modern day football neatly summed up.

Definitely going to tear Thomas/Bertrand/whoever plays left back that day a new one isn't he? ffs

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Someone like Dave Rennie perhaps...:ph34r:

....at Bristol City with Pearson!!!

Pearson said: “I am delighted that Dave has decided to join us. He is the one name too frequently omitted from the Leicester City success story - his influence across the club is immeasurable and he brings a level of expertise, experience and personality which is rare in sport. Dave is an expert in ensuring that players are physically robust enough to deal with the rigours of the football season. He is an important appointment in addressing that and building a fit and resilient squad.”

We probably will never get the full story why he left but he did a great job for us in the fitness department.