Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....pace kills you every time....!!!

He has much more than that, but it is great to see that pace on the pitch, something we have missed without Barnes and Ricardo not at full tilt. For a young kid he has awareness and a tremendous composure on the ball, not greedy and loves to attack. What ever his assists figures are then it should be doubled, as chances went begging over and over and their #8 missed two glorious chances in the middle of the goal 8 yards out.

We are a team that can still play on the counter, and someone like him, will mean that we can sit against teams like Man. City and hit them on the break as they are weak and susceptible to teams playing in that fashion.

And he's only 19 and can play anywhere across the front 3, he's my new number 1 target for this summer.

6 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

If only @Ric Flair we could get adeyemi! Be a monster of a signing. I still want that player who can play behind the strikers and actually score.

Calhanoglu ?

Boadu ?

Oliveria - Porto ?

Adli ?

Jonathan David ?

Ludovic Blas

For once I'm more concerned about losing one of our better players. In previous seasons I've been fine with the loss of the likes of Chilwell, Maguires, Mahrez, Drinkwater, and even Kante (given that was the contract deal). But if we lose Tielemans then I can't see us getting in a player as good. 

39 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

For once I'm more concerned about losing one of our better players. In previous seasons I've been fine with the loss of the likes of Chilwell, Maguires, Mahrez, Drinkwater, and even Kante (given that was the contract deal). But if we lose Tielemans then I can't see us getting in a player as good. 

I do understand your concern. I agree that it's unlikely we'll be able to replace Youri with a player as good when he leaves, at least straight away. However, I think we'll be alright. I think we'll strengthen other positions and improve the depth of the squad.

I was fine with the losses of Chilwell, Maguire and Drinkwater, but not so much Kante or Mahrez. Those two are on another level. We coped with the losses of all those players, and if we can do that, then I don't really worry about losing any player.

• Like 1

Whoever we sign for the RW will make or break our season. If we can get someone as good as Raphinha, let's say, we will have a fantastic season. It's really all we are missing imo. If we had someone as dangerous as Barnes on our right wing, teams would have a much harder time defending against us, and our other attackers would have more space to attack into as well.

• Like 1

Latest unrealistic wishlist

Outgoing

£15m Praet

£8m Choudhury

£7m Ghezzal

Incoming

£20m Soumaré

£20m Madueke

£20 Adeyimi

£0m Bertrand

£0m Cahill

Net expenditure £30m

Adeyimi and Madueke can compete for the RW spot. Both are flexible, Adeyimi can act as a 3rd striker and LW and Madueke can be a 10 and a LW. Shame Daka seems unattainable as he seems likely to become Vardy's spiritual successor, great movement and ridiculous pace, good finishing as well.

Cahill and Bertrand on one year contracts, to provide a bit of experience after the losses of Morgan and Fuchs. Cahill can tide us over until Tarkowski is available on a free next summer, and Bertrand is just for a bit of depth whilst Justin recovers from injury.

Barnes Vardy Madueke

Maddison Ndidi Tielemans

Justin Soyuncu Evans Ricardo

Schmeichel

Ward / Iheanacho Castagne Fofana Soumaré Adeyimi Dewsbury-Hall

Thomas, Albrighton, Mendy, Amartey, Cahill, Bertrand, Perez, Benkovic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Latest unrealistic wishlist

Outgoing

£15m Praet

£8m Choudhury

£7m Ghezzal

Incoming

£20m Soumaré

£20m Madueke

£20 Adeyimi

£0m Bertrand

£0m Cahill

Net expenditure £30m

Adeyimi and Madueke can compete for the RW spot. Both are flexible, Adeyimi can act as a 3rd striker and LW and Madueke can be a 10 and a LW. Shame Daka seems unattainable as he seems likely to become Vardy's spiritual successor, great movement and ridiculous pace, good finishing as well.

Cahill and Bertrand on one year contracts, to provide a bit of experience after the losses of Morgan and Fuchs. Cahill can tide us over until Tarkowski is available on a free next summer, and Bertrand is just for a bit of depth whilst Justin recovers from injury.

Barnes Vardy Madueke

Maddison Ndidi Tielemans

Justin Soyuncu Evans Ricardo

Schmeichel

Ward / Iheanacho Castagne Fofana Soumaré Adeyimi Dewsbury-Hall

Thomas, Albrighton, Mendy, Amartey, Cahill, Bertrand, Perez, Benkovic

Why would we pay 20 million quid for Madueke in a post-Covid (relatively depressed market)?

17 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I do understand your concern. I agree that it's unlikely we'll be able to replace Youri with a player as good when he leaves, at least straight away. However, I think we'll be alright. I think we'll strengthen other positions and improve the depth of the squad.

I was fine with the losses of Chilwell, Maguire and Drinkwater, but not so much Kante or Mahrez. Those two are on another level. We coped with the losses of all those players, and if we can do that, then I don't really worry about losing any player.

Agree with this. Initially, the thought of losing Tielemans is terrifying but our strategy seems to be to lose one player and then invest to strengthen overall. If Youri leaves and Soumare comes in and performs, we could up the calibre of RW targets from say the 15m mark towards 30m and really improve a problem area. You’d expect to have change from a Tielemans sale if you did that and we’d have a midfield/team more balanced and less reliant on one player. 

If you look at Maguire (replaced by Soyuncu and probably funded the Tielemans acquisition), Chilwell (funded Castagne and Fofana) etc - we lost decent players without necessarily seeming to have a like for like replacement in the squad (nobody thought Cags was ready to step up like he did), but you can’t argue we didn’t come out stronger. 

Edited by Sooper Steve's shin
  • Like 2

If, hypothetically, Youri were to leave this Summer, we would need another ‘lock picking’ midfielder, as the pressure/requirement on Maddison would be just too high, and although Soumare may get us up the pitch, I see no indication he could provide the final ball for the strikers/attacking players.

Edited by Dahnsouff

3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Why would LCFC pay 20 million quid for Madueke in a post-Covid (relatively depressed market)?

Fixed it for you as (WE) is giving me the impression you are paying for the transfer. 

• Sad 2

Soumare is in no way a Tielemans replacement.  Praet and KDH are closer in skillset.  But BR will never put that level of trust in Praet, and KDH isn't ready for that level of responsibility.  Therefore if Youri goes you pretty much have to spend on an established, deep-lying creative midfielder.

• Like 1

I’d like Tielemans to stay but wouldn’t be devastated if we sold him for a stonking amount of money. For all that he does amazingly well I find him slow and he gives the ball away in a hurtful way sometimes. He doesn’t score THAT many either, even though when he does he tends to score beautiful goals. His vision and orchestration is his best attribute but Cambiasso’s vision was a league higher IMO. He’d have been brilliant with this team around him. There might be an older player out there who reads the game in a similar way. I’d like to think so. Or then again maybe I’m just a fantasist in denial. 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 16:26, pmcla26 said:

Happily would take him, all the Chelsea fans I know rate him, he can just be a bit clumsy and unorthodox at times but rarely leads to mistakes. 

All the Chelsea fans I know say he is a pure donkey. Think we r better then that 

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Are we though? Don’t think we could turn our nose up at Zouma when Amartey is our only centre half cover going into next season. 

Get what ya saying but im

sure he has a huge wage and personally think we can get better. Like I said the Chelsea fans I know which is a lot considering I’m from the south of England dont rate him.