Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

Abraham, Zouma, Sterling,Mahrez and a few others being touted as surplus to requirements, Kane wants out. Potentially some names from “big “ clubs may be on the move this year.

problem is, once these players have been at these clubs, unless they lower their wage expectations, who other than the rest of the greedy esl lot could ever afford them. Even squad fillers will be on silly wages that effectively prices all but the super rich out of the picture 

• Like 2

David Luiz leaving Arsenal..

Could be the experienced head we are looking for :ph34r:

I'd be surprised if Arsenal sold Smith-Rowe. I do think commentators and pundits were over-rating him a little bit but he's definitely talented. 

• Sad 1

Guest Col city fan

Starting to think we could bring Dan James on a bundle here at City. 
Absolutely rapid and if we can develop him to have a final product he could be a good asset

Guest Col city fan
8 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

They have both Baumgartmer and Baumgartlinger. Confusing. 

Baumgartner

Guest StevieLynex
On 01/06/2021 at 21:09, Adster said:

Pleaseeeeeeeee throw the bank at Newcastle to get Saint-Maximin. He is the exact player we need 

Offer them Perez in a "swap deal" 😂

Problem is we get 5p and Newcastle will want £50m

Guest StevieLynex
13 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

I’d like Tielemans to stay but wouldn’t be devastated if we sold him for a stonking amount of money. For all that he does amazingly well I find him slow and he gives the ball away in a hurtful way sometimes. He doesn’t score THAT many either, even though when he does he tends to score beautiful goals. His vision and orchestration is his best attribute but Cambiasso’s vision was a league higher IMO. He’d have been brilliant with this team around him. There might be an older player out there who reads the game in a similar way. I’d like to think so. Or then again maybe I’m just a fantasist in denial. 

I agree, his relative lack of pace means that he will never be a really top notch player. Impressive as a youngster at Anderlecht, he lost his way at Monaco. Would like him to stay, but if he has a few good games in the Euros he, like others, will attract media hype and the 'big boys' might be in for him - I would take £60-80m

14 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

I’d like Tielemans to stay but wouldn’t be devastated if we sold him for a stonking amount of money. For all that he does amazingly well I find him slow and he gives the ball away in a hurtful way sometimes. He doesn’t score THAT many either, even though when he does he tends to score beautiful goals. His vision and orchestration is his best attribute but Cambiasso’s vision was a league higher IMO. He’d have been brilliant with this team around him. There might be an older player out there who reads the game in a similar way. I’d like to think so. Or then again maybe I’m just a fantasist in denial. 

Hmmmmmm do I not like that

• Like 1

Anyone else find all the links we’ve had a little underwhelming? I think they’re all solid players: Tarkowski, Soumare, Edouard etc but I don’t think any of them progress us that much or improve our starting 11? Feels like there are no Fofana esque signings that are an exciting player that can go on to be world class. Personally think we should go all out for Trincao if he’s available as there is something special about him that could really take us to the next level. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Anyone else find all the links we’ve had a little underwhelming? I think they’re all solid players: Tarkowski, Soumare, Edouard etc but I don’t think any of them progress us that much or improve our starting 11? Feels like there are no Fofana esque signings that are an exciting player that can go on to be world class. Personally think we should go all out for Trincao if he’s available as there is something special about him that could really take us to the next level. 

Soumare has just won the French league aged 22, he's a pretty decent coup.

I agree on Tarkowski and to a certain extent Edouard but that's probably as much down to the fact we have been linked for over 2 years now and it's boring. What we really need to get the buzz is a left footed right winger like Viktor Tsygankov

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soumare has just won the French league aged 22, he's a pretty decent coup.

I agree on Tarkowski and to a certain extent Edouard but that's probably as much down to the fact we have been linked for over 2 years now and it's boring. What we really need to get the buzz is a left footed right winger like Viktor Tsygankov

Yeah not denying the quality of Soumare, but he feels more like an alternate option to our strongest midfielders. 

Tsygankov is the sort of player I mean too, could turn out to be an excellent player. Although signing players from Ukraine never seems to go as well as hoped. 

40 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I do see what you mean, although I wouldn't lump Soumare in with the others - I think he could be an exciting signing.

I think we are getting to a point where, other than at RW, there are no real holes in the first XI. The bench has looked weak recently, though, even with only 2 or 3 players missing and I think the lack of squad depth needs sorting out as a priority. I think our inability to rotate probably played a part in the number of injuries we suffered the season just gone, as well.

I would like to see some links to right wingers, but then, as a club, we can be pretty good at getting signings done quietly.

With just a bit more luck with injuries, I believe we would have made top 4 quite easily. Even if all we manage to do this summer is add a bit of depth, then I'll be hopeful we'll continue to improve.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Wilf Zaha would be amazing for us and Brendan would sort him out. 2 years left on contract surely 35/40 will do it.

Deja vous – this article is from 2019:

Zaha wants to leave Palace

Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha has told the club he wants to leave during the summer transfer window.

Zaha originally starred for Palace from 2010 until 2013 before joining Manchester United. He would go on to only featured twice for the Red Devils before eventually returning permanently in 2015.

The 26-year-old has enjoyed a successful last four years with Palace but now wants to set his sights on playing for a bigger club again, according to Sky Sports .

24 minutes ago, Nick said:

Deja vous – this article is from 2019:

Zaha wants to leave Palace

Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha has told the club he wants to leave during the summer transfer window.

Zaha originally starred for Palace from 2010 until 2013 before joining Manchester United. He would go on to only featured twice for the Red Devils before eventually returning permanently in 2015.

The 26-year-old has enjoyed a successful last four years with Palace but now wants to set his sights on playing for a bigger club again, according to Sky Sports .

Can play him on wing and behind strikers or even up top. Be ideal 

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I just can't get enthused about dropping 40+ on Zaha given his relative lack of end product, season after season.  A fascinating gamble, but not for that money.

He scored 11 this season and a had a couple of assists. In fairness he started the season looking phenomenal but tapered off at the mid point.