Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

Just now, Nick said:

He scored 11 this season and a had a couple of assists. In fairness he started the season looking phenomenal but tapered off at the mid point. 

40 million is the issue.  He's a talent, but the production doesn't match the cost and never has.

7 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Can play him on wing and behind strikers or even up top. Be ideal 

I've been saying it for years but he's 28 now and I doubt he fits our player model in a number of ways...

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

I've been saying it for years but he's 28 now and I doubt he fits our player model in a number of ways...

Yeah i agree mate no chance we will even have a sniff at him unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Zaha is still an Everton signing all over 

He wants to play in Europe desperately I think. Everton may not be the best destination but he’s exactly the sort of player that Everton sign and pay through the nose for.

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

Anyone else find all the links we’ve had a little underwhelming? I think they’re all solid players: Tarkowski, Soumare, Edouard etc but I don’t think any of them progress us that much or improve our starting 11? Feels like there are no Fofana esque signings that are an exciting player that can go on to be world class. Personally think we should go all out for Trincao if he’s available as there is something special about him that could really take us to the next level. 

Don't agree at all, last year Tarkowski, Soumare, & Edouard were being quoted £30m-£40m each and if we pick all three of them up we'll get them for half that because they all have one year left on their contracts.

I'm a tad concerned that there has been no really solid links to a RW and Trinicao would be my No1 target. I think we look pretty toothless playing WB's but a back four we look like we can blow teams away when Maddison and Barnes are fit and firing. I just hope BR doesn't have us using WB's as our stock formation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t mind picking up Josh King on a free 

Can mods ban themselves? :ph34r:

I think he is probably past the point of being able to provide something for us, could barely even get into a dodgy Everton side and doesn't have a good injury history

Expect to see him join one of the bottom half/newly promoted teams

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

40 million is the issue.  He's a talent, but the production doesn't match the cost and never has.

Happily have Zaha here as a player but we shouldn't be paying £40m+ for a player who is 29 this year.

It has loads of similarities of Everton signing Sigurdsson when you're paying top money for a player who is in the latter stages of his career, no resale value and everything is known about him and still the top clubs aren't interested. He's undoubtedly one of the best players in the PL outside the elite clubs and would improve us but long term this is a poor distribution of limited funds.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can mods ban themselves? :ph34r:

I think he is probably past the point of being able to provide something for us, could barely even get into a dodgy Everton side and doesn't have a good injury history

Expect to see him join one of the bottom half/newly promoted teams

lol 

If this forum is anything to go by, he’d be a better option than Perez :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t mind picking up Josh King on a free 

I’m not so sure yano. Looked very poor for Everton didn’t he ? Coming off the bench most times isn’t the best tho I suppose 

29 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I’m not so sure yano. Looked very poor for Everton didn’t he ? Coming off the bench most times isn’t the best tho I suppose 

Poor ****ers 11 appearances added up to just shy of a game and a half with zero starts. Earliest he came on was the hour mark lol 

I'm not getting proper excited until we've signed both Edourde as striker and a solid attacking right sided winger. We may have to prize the winger from an established team which will cost money but if we get it right this time it will pay dividends! C'mon scouting team get to work and find that diamond FFS! No more duds please this is an important position.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darko2k7 said:

Anyone take Fernandinho on a free , 36 I know and not sure what motivation he would have but still had a decent season for Man City.

Bit of winning experience in the middle of the park. 

Nah not worth it. He would prob want £100k a week too.

8 minutes ago, darko2k7 said:

Anyone take Fernandinho on a free , 36 I know and not sure what motivation he would have but still had a decent season for Man City.

Bit of winning experience in the middle of the park. 

Knowing our luck, all those yellow and red cards he should have received for the copious number of cynical fouls he committed, would come home to roost, should we sign him. So he'd only be eligible for about a quarter of the games.

In all seriousness, too old for me and wouldn't be motivated to play for an unfashionable club.

10 hours ago, Nick said:

He wants to play in Europe desperately I think. Everton may not be the best destination but he’s exactly the sort of player that Everton sign and pay through the nose for.

....if we look across and see Zaha tearing it up in the Premiership having moved to another team, £40m+ will not be the first thing that will come to our minds!!!

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Sima from slavia prague would add some height and goals from right mid, haven’t seen anyone linked with him recently??

Christ don't mention signing Slavia players, we'll have West Ham fans swarming like a jealous ex lol

• Haha 3

Diaby.        Schick

Kamara.     Sosa

Disasi.        Ait Nouri

Prijovic       Caci 

Martin.        Benrahma

Grimaldo.    Mings 

Jovic.          Gakpo 

Diangana.    Santamaria 

Old list from last year from @ramadaone, wonder if any of them will be linked this time round.

PS. Nice to have you back :wub:

15 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Interesting Kingsley Coman wants to leave Bayern:

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundesliga/2021/06/fc-bayern-kingsley-coman-die-irren-zahlen-im-transfer-poker

I don't think we'd want a player who wants to leave a club like Bayern due to wage issues as that could suggest motivation issues. 

Yeah, that's the reason this is totally unrealistic...