Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

14 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Kabak £12m or less if he’s being offered for £8.5m! And Noni Madueke for £20m! Job done. Get rid of Choudhary £5m, Ghezzal £5m and perez £10m. If offers arrive for ward say what we paid sell sell sell. He’s a good keeper, but certainly not £12m worth

Is this guy a better option at RM than a much forum disliked Dan James? Don't know or seen enough of him tbh 

34 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Brais Méndez? 

Had an appalling 2019/20, mildly improved last season but not sure if he's bottomed out. Ticks all the boxes though as a left footed attacking midfielder who can play wide right, ACM or on the right of a 3 man central midfielder. 

The ways things are looking, we could well be priced out over a number of quality wingers. This could all lead to someone like Dan James & Calum Hudson-Odoi coming in on loan, although I hope not.

Trying to get in a winger between 15-20 million is probably our best bet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Viktor Tsygankov’s name emerges again.

Roland Sallai is another player who’d probably come in that price bracket, coming off the back of a good season with Freiburg and some impressive displays at the Euros for Hungary.

I would love to see us sign a AM , reason been if YOURI goes down injured we have no one to replace him , also he needs to be rotated now and then , but I get the feeling that we may be down in this window , not much happening at present 

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I would love to see us sign a AM , reason been if YOURI goes down injured we have no one to replace him , also he needs to be rotated now and then , but I get the feeling that we may be down in this window , not much happening at present 

Praet? KDH? Soumare? Maddison? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bptiger said:

Rodgers doesn’t trust prayer or kdh , soumare is not a DM , and Maddison is more a 10 and I doubt he could do the job

Sore phone writes it’s on , praet not prayer , and soumare is more a DM 

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

The same Hakim Ziyech who scored a hattrick today for Chelsea in pre-season? 

Didn't realise he was available :whistle:

Doesn't mean I still don't want him though. He'd be awesome. I don't see him getting much meaningful game time at Chelsea so it's hardly out of the question. 

3 hours ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Doesn't mean I still don't want him though. He'd be awesome. I don't see him getting much meaningful game time at Chelsea so it's hardly out of the question. 

40 million and 150 grand a week says it probably is. Highly skilled player but lightweight and rarely if ever defends. Essentially a knock-off Mahrez.

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Rodgers doesn’t trust prayer or kdh , soumare is not a DM , and Maddison is more a 10 and I doubt he could do the job

Tielemans played 51 games for us last season. If he had got injured and Praet was fit, then I think you would have seen the switch. 

How can KDH not be trusted by Rodgers? This will be his first real season for us as first team member. 

Soumare is more attacking that N'didi. He is a ball carrier and box to box. 

Maddison can drop deeper if required. 

We also have on our books, Mendy and Choudhury who are DMs, but to add another CM (whether AM or DM), would be overkill IMO.

We have much more pressing needs, in terms of a starting RW and decent CB cover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sore phone writes it’s on , praet not prayer , and soumare is more a DM 

Please don't hold your breath waiting for us to sign another deep-lying playmaker to cover for Youri. Alright, they're not exactly the same type of player, but we do have more than enough CMs to fill in currently. RW and CB are far more pressing concerns.

How do you know Rodgers doesn't trust KDH?

Soumare is a box-to-box CM. I think he'll be able to do Youri's or Ndidi's role.

Edit: Ha! Saw  @STUHILL beat me to this after I'd posted. I clearly took too long to type.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 2

State of play on the wide right options suggests to get it right this time will mean a fee in the 30 -40 million area and 80 to 100 grand a week. That looks like, to me, that one of Tielemans or Maddison will have to move on.. So we are buying quality and selling quality. The question is will that improve the balance of the team. To me I would sooner keep Youri as his skills are more difficult to replace . This is a difficult trade off and in the end nothing may happen.

• Sad 1