Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Unless we get rid of players, I think we'll go as we are. He specifically said the plan was to play Ricardo there last season, but they'd not had the chance due to injuries. 

It's not ideal, and I'd like another wide man. But I can see it not being the blockbuster we all want. 

He wants a winger for sure, we will move a few on anyway. There's no way we can keep the level of central midfielders we have, Hamza or Praet will leave, possibly both. Ghezzal will go and I think Amartey or Benkovic too. We'll get a winger either on loan with an option/obligation to buy or we'll stretch the finances for the right player. 

• Like 4

Three transfers so early and I’m still impatient for another. 

Main squad

Left back: Bertrand, Thomas

Right back: Ricardo, Justin/Castange, Marc

CBs: Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana

DMs: Ndidi, Soumare

Wingers: Barnes, Sowah, Albrighton, Perez

CMs: Tielemans, Maddison, KDH

Strikers: Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho

CBs look a bit sparse but I guess Bren will use Amartay and Castange. Creative midfield looks decent but if we lose one of Maddison or Tielemans we’ll be asking a lot of KDH. Obviously the wing is where we need a transfer. But we’ll need to fund it; our accounts from last season didn’t foster the idea we could buy without selling.

Edited by Foxxed

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Three transfers so early and I’m still impatient for another. 

Main squad

Left back: Bertrand, Thomas

Right back: Ricardo, Justin/Castange, Marc

CBs: Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana

DMs: Ndidi, Soumare

Wingers: Barnes, Sowah, Albrighton, Perez

CMs: Tielemans, Maddison, KDH

Strikers: Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho

CBs look a bit sparse but I guess Bren will use Amartay and Castange. Creative midfield looks decent but if we lose one of Maddison or Tielemans we’ll be asking a lot of KDH. Obviously the wing is where we need a transfer. But we’ll need to fund it; our accounts from last season didn’t foster the idea we could buy without selling.

Only thing I would say is FFP is relaxed, the accounts were missing the final phase of TV revenue, we've qualified for Europe now back to back and we also have this new lucrative shirt deal with FBS. We've also cut loose some high earner fringe/dead wood so if there was 1 summer we might have a net spend of more than £30-40m it's this summer. Anyway we'll raise a good £15-20m I reckon so that likely pays for our new winger.

• Like 4

Over the last couple of weeks and certainly over the last 2 or three seasons there appears to be a trend whereby high potential young players are being plucked from certain academies that seem to use their structures more as a business than with an aim to produce first team players. Throwing a couple of obvious clubs out there, Man City and Chelsea.

With teams like Brentford, Palace, Leeds signing (reported) highly rated youth players recently and then Dortmund and other foreign teams signing English talent from the youth ranks with promise of a quicker route to first team football.

Not much of a ‘who do you want to sign’ more a thought around is there something in this that we’re missing out on? Are we at a stage where we can’t offer such a route? Are we too far ahead in our development as a squad to consider such an approach? Interested on opinion on this.

There seems to be a conscious effort this summer in signing development squad talent and equally a mould of signing that are young enough but good enough for our first team. 

23 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Over the last couple of weeks and certainly over the last 2 or three seasons there appears to be a trend whereby high potential young players are being plucked from certain academies that seem to use their structures more as a business than with an aim to produce first team players. Throwing a couple of obvious clubs out there, Man City and Chelsea.

With teams like Brentford, Palace, Leeds signing (reported) highly rated youth players recently and then Dortmund and other foreign teams signing English talent from the youth ranks with promise of a quicker route to first team football.

Not much of a ‘who do you want to sign’ more a thought around is there something in this that we’re missing out on? Are we at a stage where we can’t offer such a route? Are we too far ahead in our development as a squad to consider such an approach? Interested on opinion on this.

There seems to be a conscious effort this summer in signing development squad talent and equally a mould of signing that are young enough but good enough for our first team. 

Great point, I think with the change in transfer rules we need to be all over this and playing on our world class facilities and development of 2 English International footballers in recent years 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Great point, I think with the change in transfer rules we need to be all over this and playing on our world class facilities and development of 2 English International footballers in recent years 

We do seem to be bringing in a lot of young players at the moment, even taking them off 'Big 6' teams, although most seem to be goalkeepers. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

We do seem to be bringing in a lot of young players at the moment, even taking them off 'Big 6' teams, although most seem to be goalkeepers. :)

Yes there has, we are seemingly picking them up on free's though from said big clubs rather than nabbing them and having to agree a fee/pay compensation, not that that means they aren't as good players but maybe we could set aside a bigger budget and take advantage. Chelsea are being picked off for fun.

1 hour ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

It’s difficult for us at the point we are at now under Brendan. Take a player like Lewis Bate, wants to leave Chelsea as he doesn’t want to be loaned out and sold for profit, fair play to him because he deserves to choose how his career goes, he’s now signed for Leeds who will definitely be able to give him game time and an opportunity to earn more opportunities.

We can’t really offer that at this juncture as we are stacked with quality in depth in certain areas, but we also need to trim the squad of a few larger contracts too, it could allows us to pick off some other youth players, look at the left footed centre back from Dundee who we tried to sign last season as an example, it can work for us, picking off other academies but we need to be exclusive about it as we’ve even got players like Tavares who came through here looking to do the same thing. 

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

It’s difficult for us at the point we are at now under Brendan. Take a player like Lewis Bate, wants to leave Chelsea as he doesn’t want to be loaned out and sold for profit, fair play to him because he deserves to choose how his career goes, he’s now signed for Leeds who will definitely be able to give him game time and an opportunity to earn more opportunities.

We can’t really offer that at this juncture as we are stacked with quality in depth in certain areas, but we also need to trim the squad of a few larger contracts too, it could allows us to pick off some other youth players, look at the left footed centre back from Dundee who we tried to sign last season as an example, it can work for us, picking off other academies but we need to be exclusive about it as we’ve even got players like Tavares who came through here looking to do the same thing. 

What is the latest on Tavares? Last I heard he was evaluating his options. Given that he is now a free agent, does this mean he doesn't have to get it sorted before the end of the transfer window?

20 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Cole Palmer or Omari Hutchison and we'd be flying. Both would get instant 1st team football here IMO.

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Wouldn’t be so sure of that to be honest. No doubt they’d train with the first team if at the club, but doubt they’d get in to many, if any, clubs in the Premier League’s match day 18 yet. They need time lower down the pyramid to develop at the moment, but the talent is definitely there with both. 

With our options at RW they'd be well within a chance of plenty of first team football. Our wide options are some of the worst in the entire league.

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Look at Ghezzal though, he can’t get in as a wide option and he was the best player in Turkey last season. Do you think Palmer or Hutchinson come close?

Don’t get me wrong, I think both could eclipse Ghezzal, but for the here and now I’m not sure.

...just look at him...it maybe a lesser league but this Ghezzal is not the same player that turned out for us!!!

Confident, assured and arrogant, those are not attributes he exuded while playing for us. He could do a job for us, we are not about to go down that route though.

21 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

What is the latest on Tavares? Last I heard he was evaluating his options. Given that he is now a free agent, does this mean he doesn't have to get it sorted before the end of the transfer window?

I think Tavares finally gone 

1 hour ago, AS78UK said:

Definately think we should have picked up 1 or 2 of these Chelsea disillusioned youngsters. Would develop to our first team much quicker.  

It's rare we pay for academy players from rivals, we either pick up players they've released or pay lower league clubs a modest fee for their best academy players. We do need to have a bigger budget for the academy in light of the recent change to the transfer rules for U18 players.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Thfc Blog (@TheThfcBlog) Tweeted:
“There is still no official bid for Damsgaard but i feel there is something going on behind the scenes.” #thfc 

[@FabrizioRomano via Twitch] 🥇

not a right winger but given we have about 4 players that can play on the right (albrighton, perez, sowah and ricardo), having a player that could play on the left or instead of maddison could be preferable.

Also you can bet they'd love praet back. Could be a win win this.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

9 minutes ago, KarlosSK4-LCFC4-ever! said:

Jeremy Doku this kid is amazing, watch his highlights on youtube he would create havoc in prem.

Wolves solve our right wing issue

how exciting with barnes and Doku

just trying to create noise so hopefully someone at the club sees this lol 

...just watched him on YouTube!!!

He spent so much time chasing the ball!!!

Every time he got near the box the video  switches to another move, the reason is nothing happens from the service he supplies.

There were a few situations to play the through ball and he did not see it. Went he did lay it off, it was a nothing ball either played behind or slowed the attack down. 

Push and run can be a weapon and he is quick, but it is very predictable. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
32 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

This chap can play anywhere behind the front three, 20 years old and looks to me to have the ability already. His price is yet unknown could be £5m as rumoured or could be £15m 😂

It'll be at least 12m.

32 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

This chap can play anywhere behind the front three, 20 years old and looks to me to have the ability already. His price is yet unknown could be £5m as rumoured or could be £15m 😂

Get him in on loan with an option to buy, with stipulations and targets.

Pay 100% of his wages.

Send Forest a couple of our young fringe players on season loan, say Suengchitthawon and Daley-Campbell

Everyone's a winner. Player plays out of his skin, to get the permanent move. Forest free up some funds for their own and get a couple of good players in whatever positions they need to bolster.