Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can't see us signing a winger on loan to be honest. We'll see, but surely got to be a priority.

We did last season. If the money isn’t there then you do what you need to do. Or we sell more players. 

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can't see us signing a winger on loan to be honest. We'll see, but surely got to be a priority.

agree, as unless it's Trincao on a loan to buy, we'd end up with another Under type player who's out of favour at their club and they can't get off their books.. Surely a club would want a fee for a first teamer

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We did last season. If the money isn’t there then you do what you need to do. Or we sell more players. 

If the money isn't there then why were we bidding £20m for Gosens. We'd already got Soumare in the bag by then and a striker was always a priority and wouldn't be a loan so we are committing to buying our main targets. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We're possibly more likely to sell more players than anything else.

Last summer was quite the anomaly - important to realise that over the last 2 years we've cut the wage bill a lot and there's little to no deadwood anymore. We were still paying slimani and silva 8m last year, and fuchs, gray and Morgan about 9m so there's been some savings. 

We'll see, 30m might be the correct ish figure, but I think we'll see 5 or so players in and possibly 2-3 further outs.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, turlo said:

agree, as unless it's Trincao on a loan to buy, we'd end up with another Under type player who's out of favour at their club and they can't get off their books.. Surely a club would want a fee for a first teamer

Weve been linked to about 15 wingers now. If we spend anymore money post daka and soumare it'll be on a winger.

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Ward will also bring in a fee if allowed to go. 

I know you don't see it these days and it might be something to do with rule changes but are you allowed to loan players with an instant recall? Some players such as Ward would benefit from playing first team football but then not leaving us short should Kasper get injured.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Ward will also bring in a fee if allowed to go. 

Think we will get some millions in

Choudury got to be worth £15m sold Schlupp for £12million.

Praet got to be worth £18mill plus.

Ward £20million.

Ghesell £8million

40-50 million to reinvest plus Morgan,Fuchs,Slimani ,Gray James,King all off the wage bill.

3 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I know you don't see it these days and it might be something to do with rule changes but are you allowed to loan players with an instant recall? Some players such as Ward would benefit from playing first team football but then not leaving us short should Kasper get injured.

Nope, if we loaned him out we wouldn't be able to get him back until January

• Thanks 1

I wonder if clubs seriously think they'll be allowed max capacity attendances for all of the 2021/22 season. Its easy to forget that probably won't happen given the government's appetite for risk is non existent. 

More cash woes I assume, although Villa don't seem to care.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ric Flair said:

I wonder if clubs seriously think they'll be allowed max capacity attendances for all of the 2021/22 season. Its easy to forget that probably won't happen given the government's appetite for risk is non existent. 

Villa are either about to sell Grealish or not arsed with an FFP fine.

If I was Rodgers I wouldn't have stayed unless I knew I was getting decent investment this summer.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If the money isn't there then why were we bidding £20m for Gosens. We'd already got Soumare in the bag by then and a striker was always a priority and wouldn't be a loan so we are committing to buying our main targets. 

We don't know we did, that might have gone out the window when we lost CL football. 

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Villa are either about to sell Grealish or not arsed with an FFP fine.

If I was Rodgers I wouldn't have stayed unless I knew I was getting decent investment this summer.

Top and BR discussed this when he re-signed his contract about having a good quality influx of 4/5 players both to progress and to replace the players out of the door. With Soumare and Daka in the bag that leaves a minimum of 2 players, a CB and RW (CB essential for me).

I don't beleive Loaning players is the right way to go unless it's for players like Trincao. 

Realistically and with ffp I think (with sales) we need to be looking at £40-50mil to spend in these areas.

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If July 19th happens then surely it's back to normal?

Guest Kopfkino
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't help but feel Blackwell talks a fair bit of guff.

He’s no different to anyone on here speculating about xyz, he hasn’t got a scooby.

Idk what our budget will be but Brendan deserves backing properly in at least one transfer window, if not then he should be angling for a move soon enough. 30m with the seeming committed spending we already have and what we need isn’t backing him at all. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Word is up here we'll be at full capacity in grounds by August 10th.

19 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

He’s no different to anyone on here speculating about xyz, he hasn’t got a scooby.

Idk what our budget will be but Brendan deserves backing properly in at least one transfer window, if not then he should be angling for a move soon enough. 30m with the seeming committed spending we already have and what we need isn’t backing him at all. 

Agree with this, what he's done thus far on a net spend of £9m is nothing short of remarkable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It won't happen and if it does then we'll have some form of restrictions back in place a few months later and crowds impacted. 

The Health Secretary confirmed it’s happening about an hour ago and is irreversible …. Basically said we need to live with it and crack on!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

I don't know about that, some on here seem to have quite a good idea!:)

36 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

The Health Secretary confirmed it’s happening about an hour ago and is irreversible …. Basically said we need to live with it and crack on!! 

Heard it all before, they talk absolute bollocks. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It won't happen and if it does then we'll have some form of restrictions back in place a few months later and crowds impacted. 

Ridiculous if true. 

Very jealous of the USA being 70% vaccinated and are therefore living back to normal now.

Clubs, crowds, whatever. 

It's time for us.