Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

37 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Best news I've heard all day. Loan option to buy is perfect if we are truly interested. More goals please.

Loanees are going to be of Under standard otherwise they wouldn't be loaned. Quality available for transfer is virtually non-existant. Certainly available is Pereira at approx. 30 million . If we buy him it looks like a core player will have to go. Personally I would be surprised if it happens. Vardy, Iheanacho, Barnes and Daka will have to do. Not too bad really.

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Loanees are going to be of Under standard otherwise they wouldn't be loaned. Quality available for transfer is virtually non-existant. Certainly available is Pereira at approx. 30 million . If we buy him it looks like a core player will have to go. Personally I would be surprised if it happens. Vardy, Iheanacho, Barnes and Daka will have to do. Not too bad really.

Re: loanees - not necessarily. Trincao is on loan at Wolves.

I don't think a key player has to go for us to get a winger in.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think we will play a back 3 too often really, only if we really need to. I think if we were going to go that way we would definitely be pursuing another centre back rather than being relaxed about it as Jason Bourne says in that Tweet - seems like we are only after someone if a good deal presents itself

Hopefully the fact our next priority is a right winger will push us towards mainly using a 4231/433 as it is what suits us best

Tanner reported that they're not worried about the CB issue because Bertrand can play on the left of a 3...

With Castagne, Ndidi and JJ also able to fill in,  and Amarty still around, you can see why they might be comfortable with how things are. Or at least, they can pretend to be comfortable so we don't get price gauged.

Personally I don't think we want to be in a situation of putting players out of position in the middle of our defence again, so I hope we get someone, but I don't think 3atb is out the window at all. 

We need a right winger regardless simply so we have the option.

Edited by Verumex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Wasn't Youri on loan originally? Just saying.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Chukwueze?

.....I suggested we pick him up a few seasons ago!!!

He looked like an absolute star in the making but his stats are so poor year after year. You just think that getting him in would be a gamble and we would once again fail to nail down the Right Wing, his price has dropped, previously said to have been offered to Liverpool so long as they met the 65m Euros buy out clause.

His price has dropped somewhat and I would be reluctant to say go ahead and bring him in. The wise move would be Mattheus Pereira whose versatility would resolve the right, more than cover the #10 and could play Central and Left Wing, it is a no brainer, not to get him in.

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think a back 3 of Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu will be seen quite often. Not sure how Rodgers feels about Benkovic or whether he’d stay fit enough, but we have plenty of other options like JJ and Castagne or Wilf in an emergency. 

I've always felt Ndidi is best when we need extra cover although it doesn't do us any favours in DM. 

As for back 3 I'd like is to play that way and can see Bertrand R & Castagne L wing backs. The problem with our CB's is that Cags is left footed and has been caught out a few times. Not many, but on national duty he's been quoted as saying how he likes the right/mid side of defence (not that Evans will give his place up)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Isn’t the loan bit referring to a defender?

Yes. If we spend I want it to be on attack not on another defender. If we were in for Kabak loan/option to conserve money for the attacker would be our best option with limited funds. Who knows how much we have to spend? I just want more goals. Hope I made that clearer. Phone typing:mad:

10 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The pro brexit guy? Who'd have thought it? Where does he live?

Do you mean the Ineos guy, who is making his car in France? Jim Ratcliffe is his name.

Dem Brexiteers seem a bit subdued really, Boris can barely bring himself to say the word.

18 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Really wish this guy was itk ffs but unfortunately he knows nothing.. Madueke would be my number 1 choice for the wing.

To be fair, these aren't the most outlandish claims, as we've been linked to all 3 of those players over the past year or two. 

Dan James on loan to buy seems the most likely option to me at the moment, though would prefer either of the other two. 

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

To be fair, these aren't the most outlandish claims, as we've been linked to all 3 of those players over the past year or two. 

Dan James on loan to buy seems the most likely option to me at the moment, though would prefer either of the other two. 

Take the cheap option we get another player on the bench who gets no game time like Under. Its better to leave it another year than do that. Berardi or Pereira are the standard we need now but the finances are not available this window.

Tah imo most probable as a cb. We can do better than dan James but Rodgers would certainly improve him rather than that PE teacher OGS. 

I'd just go for Pereira though tbh 

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

@Muzzy_Larsson good deal?

Good deal for us, surprised we got as much as that for him with a year to go on his deal, £16m including add-ons is what I'm led to believe. Not bad given we paid 500k for him.

Good deal for Brentford also, that kind of money is pocket change in the EPL nowadays, he was the one shining light in which was an absolute disaster of a season for us last season, the one player who didn't down tools and looked like he cared. A vast improvement on his season prior to that.

He's been a good servant for us and won everything there is to win in Scotland many times over so he's entitled to move on to a stronger league now, hope he does well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, turlo said:

posted 5 minutes later.....

image.thumb.png.bad9388a2ef934be1aac5feb8be30046.png

11 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Don’t share him in here. He knows absolutely nothing. 

You can say that again LeicesterLad.

James on a loan to buy is a total joke. Like manure would help us out ffs.