Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

9 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I've always felt Ndidi is best when we need extra cover although it doesn't do us any favours in DM. 

As for back 3 I'd like is to play that way and can see Bertrand R & Castagne L wing backs. The problem with our CB's is that Cags is left footed and has been caught out a few times. Not many, but on national duty he's been quoted as saying how he likes the right/mid side of defence (not that Evans will give his place up)

....none of this post makes sense....am I  reading this all wrong!!!

You would like to see Bertrand on the right and Castagne on the left as Wing Backs!!!

So you are looking for us to play inverted Wing Backs, with a player not yet signed and to all intents and purposes "hasn’t got the legs, anymore ".

Wilf is good when we need  defensive cover but not much value when playing in a position he has made his own.

Cags being a left footer, has apparently stated he would rather play on the right or middle of a three, makes no sense and he is quite clearly right footed.

I really must be overlooking something from this post but it just does not make any sense. 

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You would like to see Bertrand on the right and Castagne on the left as Wing Backs!!!

So you are looking for us to play inverted Wing Backs, with a player not yet signed and to all intents and purposes "hasn’t got the legs, anymore ".

Wilf is good when we need  defensive cover but not much value when playing in a position he has made his own.

Cags being a left footer, has apparently stated he would rather play on the right or middle of a three, makes no sense and he is quite clearly right footed.

I really must be overlooking something from this post but it just does not make any sense. 

Reading it absolutely wrong! Blame it on my medications (legal of course). Well obviously Castagne can play on the left but we have 3 LB's now anyway including JJ. 

If it was a back 3 then Bertrand and Castagna both are experienced wingbacks (I know RP appears to like doing that role on occasion). If it's a back 4 then that's straight forward with a 433 formation or 4312 (I prefer 4312 with a single pivot with 2 strikers and enough pace on the wings. 

Hope that makes better sense.

time to obtain further sense now...

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

Guest Chocolate Teapot
38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Cags isn't left footed....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/caglar-soyuncu/profil/spieler/320141

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Good deal for us, surprised we got as much as that for him with a year to go on his deal, £16m including add-ons is what I'm led to believe. Not bad given we paid 500k for him.

Good deal for Brentford also, that kind of money is pocket change in the EPL nowadays, he was the one shining light in which was an absolute disaster of a season for us last season, the one player who didn't down tools and looked like he cared. A vast improvement on his season prior to that.

He's been a good servant for us and won everything there is to win in Scotland many times over so he's entitled to move on to a stronger league now, hope he does well.

Does Brendan get a cut?

1 hour ago, turlo said:

posted 5 minutes later.....

image.thumb.png.bad9388a2ef934be1aac5feb8be30046.png

PSV have already been saying they wouldn't even accept €20m for Madueke and it would take a "crazy" bid, not a chance would they then accept a loan

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Reading it absolutely wrong! Blame it on my medications (legal of course). Well obviously Castagne can play on the left but we have 3 LB's now anyway including JJ. 

If it was a back 3 then Bertrand and Castagna both are experienced wingbacks (I know RP appears to like doing that role on occasion). If it's a back 4 then that's straight forward with a 433 formation or 4312 (I prefer 4312 with a single pivot with 2 strikers and enough pace on the wings. 

Hope that makes better sense.

time to obtain further sense now...

I thinnk I must have read it wrong, as well, then. I don't know why you'd put Bertrand on the right and Castagne on the left when they both prefer the opposite sides.

Are there wings in a 4312? That's a diamond, really, isn't it?

If we're playing with a back 4, then I think it'll almost certainly be the 4231 we have been using, unless Maddison is sold, in which case I think we'd move to a 433 similar to Liverpool's.

Vardy/Barnes    Nacho        Daka           

Youri                   Soumare

Ndidi

JJ       Soyuncu        Evans     Ricardo

Kasper

Sky Sports Premier League
@SkySportsPL
·
3h
Harry Kane's England team-mates believe he could refuse to return to pre-season training with Tottenham in a bid to try to force a move to Manchester City...

Edited by Deeg67

On 16/07/2021 at 06:29, Raw Dykes said:

I thinnk I must have read it wrong, as well, then. I don't know why you'd put Bertrand on the right and Castagne on the left when they both prefer the opposite sides.

Are there wings in a 4312? That's a diamond, really, isn't it?

If we're playing with a back 4, then I think it'll almost certainly be the 4231 we have been using, unless Maddison is sold, in which case I think we'd move to a 433 similar to Liverpool's.

Vardy/Barnes    Nacho        Daka           

Youri                   Soumare

Ndidi

JJ       Soyuncu        Evans     Ricardo

Kasper

I would think Tielemans and Soumare would switch sides, no?

Pereira ticks a lot of boxes. Right winger, can play no.10, left footer. Very good set piece taker which gives us another option other than Maddison who is largely crap at them of late. PL experience and obviously wouldn't need to quarantine. Speaks English and I assume Portuguese so a nice little partnership with Ricardo would be welcome.

My only question would be, does he have the pressing intensity that Rodgers wants from his forwards - Madeley's article suggests Ismael isn't a fan because he too favours a high pressing game.

Loan with option/obligation at £20-25m would be a good move IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Pereira ticks a lot of boxes. Right winger, can play no.10, left footer. Very good set piece taker which gives us another option other than Maddison who is largely crap at them of late. PL experience and obviously wouldn't need to quarantine. Speaks English and I assume Portuguese so a nice little partnership with Ricardo would be welcome.

My only question would be, does he have the pressing intensity that Rodgers wants from his forwards - Madeley's article suggests Ismael isn't a fan because he too favours a high pressing game.

Loan with option/obligation at £20-25m would be a good move IMO.

Can’t be much worse than what we’ve had on the right since Mahrez left lol 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

remindme+3weeks.

Can you stop getting my hopes up please mate 🤞🤞🤞🤞