Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yet interviews really well and his end product is better than quite a lot of ACM's in the PL who don't get the same level of criticism as Maddison. 

He does interview well, but my lord does he waste good attacking opportunities by going for a Hollywood shot outside the area. Amazing when they go in, sure. But it is so frustrating when he wastes a good opportunity to play someone in on a silly shot. 

32 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

could we be signing tark too

About as in the know as my nan, and she went to the same Co-op as Frank Worthington.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’d say in this present moment grealish is ahead of maddison. I would personally say that maddison has the higher ceiling if he works for it and reaches the heights his talent deserves. I could see maddison having a 15 goal 15 assist season if everything went right. I don’t think I see that for grealish. Just my opinion though and I know I will probably get rinsed for it haha

Well, he went 6-12 this season despite missing over a dozen starts and playing on a team without a ton of offensive help.  You don’t think he could blow those numbers out of the water on an elite attacking side?

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Well, he went 6-12 this season despite missing over a dozen starts and playing on a team without a ton of offensive help.  You don’t think he could blow those numbers out of the water on an elite attacking side?

No, no doubt he would pick up a few more should he play more but I don’t see his goals ever picking up to that level. At Villa he’s the main man and is extremely selfish at times (understandably so) in an elite team he wouldn’t be able to do that so I think his numbers would probably drop rather than rise.

1 hour ago, Kent-Fox said:

Because he spends more time poncing about on Instagram and promoting clothing rather then be focused on football. Comes across as a right

W puller 

You must be poncing about on Instagram a lot to come to that conclusion.. which makes you... 

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No, no doubt he would pick up a few more should he play more but I don’t see his goals ever picking up to that level. At Villa he’s the main man and is extremely selfish at times (understandably so) in an elite team he wouldn’t be able to do that so I think his numbers would probably drop rather than rise.

We could use some selfish players who average an assist every other match.

44 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This is no slight on Maddison as I think he's a very good player but Grealish is comfortably a better player than him.

I think so too but I don't think it's a case of him having more talent than Mads but rather a stronger character. 

More self belief. More swagger. More confidence. More responsibility. 

That's the difference between the two for me. Graelish has more about him that will make him more likely to step up when you need him. 

...It also makes him far more unlikeable.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think so too but I don't think it's a case of him having more talent than Mads but rather a stronger character. 

That's the difference between the two for me. Graelish has more about him that will make him more likely to step up when you need him. 

This is it for me as well.

Also regarding Tarkowski - I'd take him at a sensible price (which is more likely given his contract situation). He strikes me as more in the Evans mould and we do need another like that I think.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maddison has been struggling with his hip injury for a long time now. If he can't play a full season, I would very happily sell him for £55 million and sign de Paul and Madueke in his place. de Paul is a leader and would be hard to poach from us.

Are you kicking in the extra 30 million to get to 55?

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Lol, well obviously we wouldn't see for a lower amount, which is why nobody is interested in buying him anyway. Without COVID maybe Arsenal would do it

if it wasn't for the reoccurrence of his hip injury this year he'd realistically go for that kind of money 

Edited by turlo

7 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This is no slight on Maddison as I think he's a very good player but Grealish is comfortably a better player than him.

Grealish is a strange one as he was very average up until 2 years ago, he's a few years older than Maddison and I'd not rule out Maddison getting better, but he needs to sort his injury problems out. 

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Lol, well obviously we wouldn't see for a lower amount, which is why nobody is interested in buying him anyway. Without COVID maybe Arsenal would do it

Agreed, which is why is makes no sense to sell him this summer.  Next summer maybe, if he proves he can stay healthy.

7 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This wasn't true a few years ago, he has become more responsible since being made captain. Maddison is relatively inexperienced and has time to grow in the role.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Grealish is a strange one as he was very average up until 2 years ago, he's a few years older than Maddison and I'd not rule out Maddison getting better, but he needs to sort his injury problems out. 

Yeah pretty much this, a couple of years ago him and Maddison were at similar points in their careers but in the time since Grealish has went from 0-60 and Maddison can't seem to put together a long run of form of what we know he can do at his best. Injuries of course a large part of that.

They are basically a year apart in age.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yeah I'd agree with that tbh. Grealish is one of these players if he was on your side you'd love but if he's on the opposing side you love to hate, probably a large part of what give him his edge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah I'd agree with that tbh. Grealish is one of these players if he was on your side you'd love but if he's on the opposing side you love to hate, probably a large part of what give him his edge.

....Like Vardy. Or Scott Brown. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

This wasn't true a few years ago, he has become more responsible since being made captain. Maddison is relatively inexperienced and has time to grow in the role.

Possibly. Yes but let's use a more specific example. If we were playing say Derby and a fan ran on and punched Maddison in the face, could you see him going on to score the winner? 

I like Maddison, I don't slate him like alot on here but I just don't see him having that in his character where Graelish does. 

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Grealish, ha. He’s not got the balls to rock up to a match wearing a My Little Pony bag. 

Grealish has done much worse than Maddison outside of football as well, reckon our fans would’ve strung him up by now

• Like 3