Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Don’t really see much point in signing him when he is only really a back up at Benfica and we already have a youngster in Thomas

Better off getting someone more experienced (Gosens, Bertrand)

Ismail Jakobs is probably the only LB/LBW I'd want us to pay money for this summer. He's got the potential to play further forward and add goals and assists as well as hone the defensive side of his game. Ridiculously quick as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Is what I’ve said wrong? I don’t really rate him yet I believe we’d ask for £15m?

Well yes it is wrong, as you have absolutely no idea how much we'd ask for a Leicester fringe player. 

Maxwel Cornet would be a good option to bring in. Played mostly left back this season and managed decent goal contributions (2 goals and 4 assists in 22 games at LB).

Also has played a lot on both wings in the past few years and managed decent enough numbers. 

Only 2 years left on his contract, think he would be a good option to bring in to provide cover in areas we are lacking.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I said ‘I believe’. Read the comment before you try and act all smart. 

And you "believe" based on what? Football Manager? Fifa? Other clubs? 

You always go and brand around figures and stuff you "believe" the club will do, without any evidence to back any points up lol kinda cute really. 

10 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Maxwel Cornet would be a good option to bring in. Played mostly left back this season and managed decent goal contributions (2 goals and 4 assists in 22 games at LB).

Also has played a lot on both wings in the past few years and managed decent enough numbers. 

Only 2 years left on his contract, think he would be a good option to bring in to provide cover in areas we are lacking.

His underlying stats the other season were unreal. Wasn't aware he'd been converted to full back/wing back recently.

I really like Ismail Jakobs who has a release clause of €8m due to Koln being relegated. We have been linked before too. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ismail Jakobs is probably the only LB/LBW I'd want us to pay money for this summer. He's got the potential to play further forward and add goals and assists as well as hone the defensive side of his game. Ridiculously quick as well.

We’ve been linked with him a few times as well haven’t we?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

And you "believe" based on what? Football Manager? Fifa? Other clubs? 

You always go and brand around figures and stuff you "believe" the club will do, without any evidence to back any points up lol kinda cute really. 

never played football manager, not played fifa for about 5 years lol just look at players in similar positions within the squad to Hamza at different top 10 clubs and see how much they go for. I find it amusing how you’ve taken so much offence to me saying we’d ask £10-15m for him. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Liverpool are class at getting big fees for their fringe players and academy players, like I've just said in another thread about our reputation tempts clubs in to offering humongous fees for our best players, Liverpool are seen as a team that will sell their academy players and teams gamble on it with big fees.

Yep, it's incredible the fees they've received compared to how those transfers have gone onto perform. 

You'd think that should change now given the experience of Brewster, Solanke etc. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

We’ve been linked with him a few times as well haven’t we?

Yes we have, it looked like it was inevitable he'd sign. Not so sure I'd want him as our only signing for out wide but I do think his future lies on thr wing than in defence. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yep, it's incredible the fees they've received compared to how those transfers have gone onto perform. 

You'd think that should change now given the experience of Brewster, Solanke etc. 

Brewster and Solanke were utter goal machines in youth football. Both have clearly failed to make immediate impacts in first team football but both weren't far from us getting Iheanacho.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't his side also go down? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LestaLad said:

How have they managed this then hahaha

Norwich doing some interesting business this summer. Apparently they're close to signing Ajer from Celtic and flavour of the month Billy Gilmour on loan from Chelsea, as well as getting Angus Gunn back as their 2nd  keeper for a small sum. If all true it looks like they're actually making an effort to stay up this time 

26 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Didn't his side also go down? 

Yes, hence the low release clause of only €8m. I'd be shocked if we didn't go for him but can see the temptation to get Bertrand on a free and place our faith in Thomas and go for an established winger.

Jakobs is that sort of player that you'd want us to add if we already had the options in front of him bedded in.

54 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

add in Jordan Ibe to the list. A lot of costly misses and I'm struggling to think of a hit 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, hence the low release clause of only €8m. I'd be shocked if we didn't go for him but can see the temptation to get Bertrand on a free and place our faith in Thomas and go for an established winger.

Jakobs is that sort of player that you'd want us to add if we already had the options in front of him bedded in.

Thought they won their relegation play off? Not that it affects the release clause much i believe 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought they stayed up?

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Thought they won their relegation play off? Not that it affects the release clause much i believe 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I thought they stayed up?

Did they? Hahaha in which case he costs €13m, still a good price for his talents.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Did they? Hahaha in which case he costs €13m, still a good price for his talents.

Yeah they stuffed holstein kiel after losing the first leg. I'd be all over that deal for 13m euros. A player that is good all up one side and with his pace and engine could be moulded into a very good player. Seems to have stalled a little this year but would be a very astute signing. 

• Like 1

Nat Phillips was superb in the run in. Probably the player that got them over the line. 

15m could either be amazing business or a complete flop but I’m surprised they would let him go after those performances 

15 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Yeah they stuffed holstein kiel after losing the first leg. I'd be all over that deal for 13m euros. A player that is good all up one side and with his pace and engine could be moulded into a very good player. Seems to have stalled a little this year but would be a very astute  

Edited by lcfcell
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Interesting..

Nuno #Tavares , the intermediary: "Will leave the #Benfica , but it will not go to the #Napoli "

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Ps - I can't see us signing another 19 year old left back.