Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Utd wouldn’t loan a player to a top six rival, end of.

I don’t agree for the 2 reasons posted above, especially the Sancho deal which they are being absolutely defrauded out of £90m.

Tbf in this climate, I don't think Sancho is bad for £90m. He's 21, loads of years in him, has proven himself consistently in the closest league to ours. 

If you said we could afford him - I'd bite your hand off. Yes, it's mad for £90m but they spent £80m on Maguire and Grealish would probably cost £110m for far less a player. 

21 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

He's also mentioned Dennis might be on his way out.

I would be surprised if he was. If we want to better ourselves year on year out then we need quality squad players. Besides there's no one else on centre right mid that can play that role, and his experience is not to be taken for granted.

• Like 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

I would be surprised if he was. If we want to better ourselves year on year out then we need quality squad players. Besides there's no one else on centre right mid that can play that role, and his experience is not to be taken for granted.

I think it is more to do with Praet wanting more game time rather than a bench player

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Right footed left winger. Never used on the right, why would we want him?

Brendan was after another attacking midfielder in January, we were linked with Eriksen back then. If Praet did leave, replacing him with Damsgaard would be good business, even if we ended up paying a bit more to make up the difference. He's lit up the tournament and clearly has a ton of potential.

We were linked with Damsgaard before, so he's definitely on our radar. But I don't see us signing him just because his club will rightly ask for a lot more money after his displays so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Rob Tanner thinks we’ll be after a winger on loan again. So who do we think that would be? 

James? The chap from Barcelona? 

Who is out of favour at other clubs?

Nathan Dyer on loan pls

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Neither of us know do we, but wouldn’t they in those circumstances be even more keen on a sale rather than a loan?

Possibly but loan with a view to a permanent might suit all parties.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Tbf in this climate, I don't think Sancho is bad for £90m. He's 21, loads of years in him, has proven himself consistently in the closest league to ours. 

If you said we could afford him - I'd bite your hand off. Yes, it's mad for £90m but they spent £80m on Maguire and Grealish would probably cost £110m for far less a player. 

Grealish is a much better player than Sancho. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think it is more to do with Praet wanting more game time rather than a bench player

If he does (which I've not heard whispers of yet but don't doubt you), would you let him go? It'd be just another position to buy back in a hectic summer. 

Tanner really won't be privvy to our finances, he's summising based on the fact Rodgers couldn't buy all the players he wanted last summer so will have to loan some. 

I think we're more likely to loan an out of favour 4th choice centre half...

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Grealish is a much better player than Sancho. 

Nonsense.

39 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

If he does (which I've not heard whispers of yet but don't doubt you), would you let him go? It'd be just another position to buy back in a hectic summer. 

Don't forget we're adding Soumare (probably) and KDH to the squad. We're still one up in numbers on last season if he goes.

I wouldn't blame Praet for wanting to leave, and we shouldn't stand in his way if he does.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Don't forget we're adding Soumare (probably) and KDH to the squad. We're still one up in numbers on last season if he goes.

I wouldn't blame Praet for wanting to leave, and we shouldn't stand in his way if he does.

Praet should be playing against those lower ranked sides in the Europa! We play Youri way too much. 

14 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Praet should be playing against those lower ranked sides in the Europa! We play Youri way too much. 

I imagine those are the games KDH may get a chance in as well, another player potentially in Praets way for game time

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Sancho had 16 goals and 19 assists last season.  Grealish 6 goals, 10 assists, admittedly in less games.

One of them plays for the 2nd best team in Germany, the other plays for villa. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

One of them plays for the 2nd best team in Germany, the other plays for villa. 

And? Villa are entirely set up to play for Grealish. He gets all the ball and loads of chances. More likely to see Grealishs stats suffer more when he moves to city.

Massive English snobbery around Sancho, largely because most of our fans have never seen him play.