Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And? Villa are entirely set up to play for Grealish. He gets all the ball and loads of chances. More likely to see Grealishs stats suffer more when he moves to city.

Massive English snobbery around Sancho, largely because most of our fans have never seen him play.

Plus he's yet to do anything for England yet. I think once he does or when he invariably signs for Utd then people will realise how good he is. Not a Southgate player at all though.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Don't forget we're adding Soumare (probably) and KDH to the squad. We're still one up in numbers on last season if he goes.

I wouldn't blame Praet for wanting to leave, and we shouldn't stand in his way if he does.

I understand what you are saying, bit Praet is vastly experienced at this level. KDH hasn't even been tested at prem let alone EL. I feel we'd be left too shallow in a season of more injuries especially after the euros.

7 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And? Villa are entirely set up to play for Grealish. He gets all the ball and loads of chances. More likely to see Grealishs stats suffer more when he moves to city.

Massive English snobbery around Sancho, largely because most of our fans have never seen him play.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Personally I think grealish has it all and has the potential to be up there with the best in the league. It’s hard to judge until you put him in a better side. 

I don’t think sancho would be able to carry villa the way he does.  

The flip side of your last comment is also true. People think sancho is better because he’s playing in a foreign league. 

It’s not that I don’t think he’s an excellent player, I just don’t think he’s as good as JG. Let’s see how he gets on when he arrives. 

• Like 1

Grealish doesn't shoot or score enough from outside the box IMO. Some could argue that means he uses the ball better as long range shooting produces a low amount of goals but he needs to be hitting 25-30 goal contributions a season before he is considered world class.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Grealish doesn't shoot or score enough from outside the box IMO. Some could argue that means he uses the ball better as long range shooting produces a low amount of goals but he needs to be hitting 25-30 goal contributions a season before he is considered world class.

I think this why either:

Villa need to seriously improve their squad

Or

Grealish needs to move

At Villa,  you can see he doesn't trust the players around him enough so often ends up holding onto the ball too long (usually resulting in a foul!) - you can see this with England, to a degree, too... If he's integrated into a team of better players, his effectiveness will increase massively IMO because he won't feel he's got to do it all by himself.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Poco said:

I think this why either:

Villa need to seriously improve their squad

Or

Grealish needs to move

At Villa,  you can see he doesn't trust the players around him enough so often ends up holding onto the ball too long (usually resulting in a foul!) - you can see this with England, to a degree, too... If he's integrated into a team of better players, his effectiveness will increase massively IMO because he won't feel he's got to do it all by himself.

This is him down to a tee and it’s down to him lacking pace so he dwells on the ball until he gets a bit of contact and falls to the floor. He’s does this for 90% of his game and it’s crap. No where near world class and he should snap Man City’s hand off if they offer him a contract 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UHDrive said:

If he does (which I've not heard whispers of yet but don't doubt you), would you let him go? It'd be just another position to buy back in a hectic summer. 

There's a cost to keeping world-class players around if they're unhappy, especially when two of your key starters are close friends and international teammates.

13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

There's a cost to keeping world-class players around if they're unhappy, especially when two of your key starters are close friends and international teammates.

I'd be very interested to hear more about how Dennis Praet is world-class

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Ndidi’s trending on Twitter - think Manc fans are suggesting he’s available for £45 million.

As well as the obvious delusion, they clearly have short memories.

They misread the quotation. It's 45 million per leg.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

He plays regularly for the national team ranked 1 in the world, not sure how else you would classify him. He definitely competes on the world stage.

He plays about as often as Benteke and Trossard do, neither of which are world class are they?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

He plays regularly for the national team ranked 1 in the world, not sure how else you would classify him. He definitely competes on the world stage.

does he? he seems to have the same role with them as he does with us, squad filler

1 hour ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Well, not like that. Dedryck Boyata is not a world-class centre back, for instance. Tyrone Mings plays for the 4th best team in the world. He also can't play that regularly for them given he made his debut in 2014 and is on 12 caps.

I'll grant you there's no concrete definition of world-class but if you're opening it up to anyone who "competes on the world stage" then there's an awful lot of very average footballers who we are now considering world-class.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Surprised we ain’t trying to hijack this deal considering we’re after a LB too.

Probably because we just want a squad filler for cheap. Luke Thomas is our future number one left back and then there James Justin who will likely walk back in to that spot whilst having to compete with Castagne and Ricardo for the right back gig.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably because we just want a squad filler for cheap. Luke Thomas is our future number one left back and then there James Justin who will likely walk back in to that spot whilst having to compete with Castagne and Ricardo for the right back gig.

Aye, it’s essentially a Fuchs replacement. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah i did think that but it then makes me wonder about our Gosens interest if we just want a squad filter? 

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Yeah i did think that but it then makes me wonder about our Gosens interest if we just want a squad filter? 

I think it's more that we want an established, experienced left back. If they are quality enough to own that spot and we can afford them, great. But going for a young left back who needs development doesn't really make sense when we have Thomas and JJ for that position.

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Gosens isn't a left back. He is the best left wing back in the world, scores double figures a season and numerous assists. He's a winger in all but the starting position.

• Like 2