Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

8 hours ago, turlo said:

Was thinking our transfer budget might be in the 40-50m region with the extra money from the FBS deal and the Europa League (15mill ish?)

Blackwell seems to think it would be no more than 30 mill before player sales

image.png.bb16296810f2a1c293a897e8f9dcceb8.png

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daka-soumar-maddison-tarkowski-big-5582340?fbclid=IwAR24_hIuAbfEWZqfQ6BdP-k7ydoFak3u95NjsuVGcsq4FIFrOE9Uc_NdbbU

We have reportedly already spent more than £30 m though with daka and soumare so I doubt he knows anything probably just guessing 

5 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Ridiculous if true. 

Very jealous of the USA being 70% vaccinated and are therefore living back to normal now.

Clubs, crowds, whatever. 

It's time for us.

That’s not actually true. Fully vaccinated is a lot smaller. The morons who don’t want to get vaccinated are southern white republicans who believe the earth is flat, global warming is fake news, and Donald Trump won our election. Please, come to NYC and get vaccinated. Get a fake ID if you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Sister has had long covid since December, on half pay now, just had her first bit of physio but not much else in the way of treatment. It has pretty much ruined her for now (although there is a glacially slow improvement), she is using a walking stick to give her some mobility, but she cuts a pretty forlorn figure. At least she had some relatively good sick pay rights from her employer, not everyone has that. It is quite upsetting reading some of the latest data on sufferers condition, it's not nice reading about things like brain damage being referred to, and other long term organ damage. It's not just about deaths and hospitalisations, it's also about the burden of suffering caused as well.

Some people regard covid as just another front in the culture wars, which is sad when so much suffering has gone on. At least vaccination uptake appears to be across the political board in the UK, unlike in the US.

The ONS says nearly 400k people have had long covid for more than a year, and about 1 million people had long covid in April (more than 1 in a hundred people), in the uk. The great majority of sufferers do seem to recover, but it is so new that researchers are still trying to find treatments for the long haulers. The worldwide numbers on long covid must be horrendous, Delta may not be that bad as previous waves here and in other rich countries, but elsewhere it will be grim.

Pulling for your sis. Hope she gets all the way back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Sister has had long covid since December, on half pay now, just had her first bit of physio but not much else in the way of treatment. It has pretty much ruined her for now (although there is a glacially slow improvement), she is using a walking stick to give her some mobility, but she cuts a pretty forlorn figure. At least she had some relatively good sick pay rights from her employer, not everyone has that. It is quite upsetting reading some of the latest data on sufferers condition, it's not nice reading about things like brain damage being referred to, and other long term organ damage. It's not just about deaths and hospitalisations, it's also about the burden of suffering caused as well.

Some people regard covid as just another front in the culture wars, which is sad when so much suffering has gone on. At least vaccination uptake appears to be across the political board in the UK, unlike in the US.

The ONS says nearly 400k people have had long covid for more than a year, and about 1 million people had long covid in April (more than 1 in a hundred people), in the uk. The great majority of sufferers do seem to recover, but it is so new that researchers are still trying to find treatments for the long haulers. The worldwide numbers on long covid must be horrendous, Delta may not be that bad as previous waves here and in other rich countries, but elsewhere it will be grim.

My dad is still suffering from long term effects when he got Covid. He has trouble going up and down stairs now. He is very fit and but now has the system of a severely overweight person. Shortness of breath for more than 6 months. He had memory for for about 3 months afterwards too. He said he would have his up and down days, but said he was glad he wasn’t a Forest fan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

That's very sad to hear and I sincerely hope your sister sees some improvement very soon. Such a terrible illness. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

That's very sad to hear and I sincerely hope your sister sees some improvement very soon. Such a terrible illness. 

And completely not understood due to its novel nature …… when will a chunk of society realise that it isn’t a bad case of flu !!! 

wrong thread btw but seeing as there aren’t any substantive rumours …….

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

Any further developments on this? I’m surprised it hasn’t been announced yet. 

if this an attempt at deliberately posting in the wrong thread to highlight all the other posts which are nothing to do with rumours then I reckon it will go over many heads! 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It'll likely just be Bertrand

Don't know. If it was Bertrand he just would have named him. Probably been a few in the mix.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely it’s Bertrand. With the money already spent being what it is I would think the left back with what we have in terms of recovering personnel is a stop gap position and to this end getting the player on a free is the way forward in case we also need to spend on the right wing/right sided forward if we can’t sort a loan to buy option for the right player. Otherwise with the potential for needing a CB as well we’ll be at 100 million quid and I just can’t see us doing that despite possible surplus squad player exits.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Nick said:

Surely it’s Bertrand. With the money already spent being what it is I would think the left back with what we have in terms of recovering personnel is a stop gap position and to this end getting the player on a free is the way forward in case we also need to spend on the right wing/right sided forward if we can’t sort a loan to buy option for the right player. Otherwise with the potential for needing a CB as well we’ll be at 100 million quid and I just can’t see us doing that despite possible surplus squad player exits.

As I've said before Bertrand will be expensive - his wages are circa 70k a week and he wants two years according to reports. Probably a 1-2m agents fee too.

Ismail jakobs for example might cost 10m, and wants roughly 40k in wages (max - hes reported as being on 80k a year....). The net cost to both of them would be about the same and jakobs would get a 5 year contract which you could amortise.

Frees aren't always free. Thank you for listening to my Ted talk.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

As I've said before Bertrand will be expensive - his wages are circa 70k a week and he wants two years according to reports. Probably a 1-2m agents fee too.

Ismail jakobs for example might cost 10m, and wants roughly 40k in wages (max - hes reported as being on 80k a year....). The net cost to both of them would be about the same and jakobs would get a 5 year contract which you could amortise.

Frees aren't always free. Thank you for listening to my Ted talk.

All fair points but with JJ and LT and Timmy who can play there I just think BR will go for an old head and 70k a week ain’t really that bad - especially when you compare it to Fuchs.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Nick said:

All fair points but with JJ and LT and Timmy who can play there I just think BR will go for an old head and 70k a week ain’t really that bad - especially when you compare it to Fuchs.

You're probably right, I'm just intrigued to see if it might be someone else. Daka came from left field too.

49 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Might find out who the LB is soon hopefully...

Feels like Romano doing more work than our actual transfer team lol

Although in reality I know they've been super busy behind the scenes. Either they are waiting for 1st July or the end of the Euros to announce signings, but I do find it weird nothing has been announced yet. Maybe everyone is off on a massive holiday, wouldn't blame them!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Feels like Romano doing more work than our actual transfer team lol

Although in reality I know they've been super busy behind the scenes. Either they are waiting for 1st July or the end of the Euros to announce signings, but I do find it weird nothing has been announced yet. Maybe everyone is off on a massive holiday, wouldn't blame them!

I genuinely think they gave everyone a good 4 weeks off.

Training ground is open for the first team and 23s if they want to use it this week.

23 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I’d imagine so yes, not sure why he’s need to work so hard to say that though, has been widely reported already that we have an offer for him. Just the way Romano has spoken about it makes me think there might be a surprise there. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Might find out who the LB is soon hopefully...

I would assume a new name, or one we’ve not really been heavily linked with. Gosens surely too high profile now, Bertrand the obvious choice but would have been mentioned.

It’ll be Konchesky

Edited by 80footgiraffe