Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, Tanya said:
Fabrizio Romano is such a good reporter and seems to really be in-tune with Leicester's recruitment. He's also a sexy beast, but perhaps I should keep that to myself

His greatest weakness is he spends other peoples money not his own. Over the last five years our net spend is marginal and unless King Power change the business plan that won't change. 

20 minutes ago, Tanya said:
Fabrizio Romano is such a good reporter and seems to really be in-tune with Leicester's recruitment. He's also a sexy beast, but perhaps I should keep that to myself

He is not a patch on Stringer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Bertrand is the guy who makes sense on most levels, but Fabio is definitely behaving as if he has a different name in mind.

Maybe Fabio has better contacts abroad so for deals in this country he only wants to confirm Bertrand when he can  be 100% sure its correct .

55 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Maybe Fabio has better contacts abroad so for deals in this country he only wants to confirm Bertrand when he can  be 100% sure its correct .

Fabio mainly get's his intel from player agents where as a lot of British reporters will rely on updates coming out of the clubs/contacts within the clubs they mainly report on. If it's Bertrand he's probably hearing this from another reporter and won't confirm on this until he's sure it's done (as you said)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NasPb said:

junior firpo? can play as a lb, cb in a back three and lwb.

It surprised me we weren't in for him given the Leeds interest. But perhaps a criticism of him is that he's not that good defensively and is 24 so not quite a young talent and not quite an experienced player. Bielsa is a superb coach though, and if he wants him it says a lot. Will be interesting to see how he does over there.

I think we are going to have a surprise here. Someone as good/better than Bertrand and younger and more long term. 

Or maybe I'm talking crap. Either way Fabrizio would've called out Bertrand by now.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

We conceded too many goals last season only Leeds were worse in the top half. We think we have a strong defence but the stats don't lie. If we had conceded eight to ten less , we would easily be in the champions league. Time and time again young defences prove vulnerable. Our defence when we won the premiership had an average age of 30+. We can't keep buying for the future we need to cut down the defeats now. Bertrand and Tarkowski would give us the experience that our defence( bar Jonny) lacks . We have a new striker so Rodgers should turn his attention to experience at the back.

Also need to account for the amount of disruption there was to our defence last season due to injuries though, especially as at times we were having to start Ndidi and Castagne at centre back, as well as how untrusted Amartey is

I would argue that even a young centre back last season would have helped with the times where we were having to use players out of position

But I do agree, we need an experienced centre back (like Tarkowski) and no point getting another young left back when we already have Thomas and JJ (just need someone who can cover for a season whilst JJ returns)

• Like 3

It will be Bertrand I reckon, he just doesn’t want to confirm as it’s not his source. Needs to keep his reliability. 

Bertrand will be ok, I hope we are not paying the reported 70k he was getting at Southampton, doubt we will. With Ricky back to full fitness hopefully and Thomas he is the exact type of experience we need I reckon. We have purchased similar players in the past with good reward like Evans, Huth and Fuchs. If it were higher up the pitch I would not be so keen but in defence we need some older heads sometimes. 

I have said all that and it will be some random Brazilian 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We conceded too many goals last season only Leeds were worse in the top half. We think we have a strong defence but the stats don't lie. If we had conceded eight to ten less , we would easily be in the champions league. Time and time again young defences prove vulnerable. Our defence when we won the premiership had an average age of 30+. We can't keep buying for the future we need to cut down the defeats now. Bertrand and Tarkowski would give us the experience that our defence( bar Jonny) lacks . We have a new striker so Rodgers should turn his attention to experience at the back.

Castagna is an experienced international at 24. Soyuncu is an experienced international. Our weak link was Luke Thomas and to a degree Fofana, but fofana played with a level of maturity for most of the season.

You can't blame it all on youth. One of our major problems was defending set peices and corners and needing more height in the team. I'd say one experienced CB is enough although Burnley can do one if they want to over price Tarkowski out.

Then we have RP and JJ coming back. All is not as bad as it looks, particularly in the future.

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think we are going to have a surprise here. Someone as good/better than Bertrand and younger and more long term. 

Or maybe I'm talking crap. Either way Fabrizio would've called out Bertrand by now.

Not necessarily. 

Soumare and Daka are transfers, we're the only club to have bids accepted and get on with negotiating contracts. It was probably pretty straightforward to call those as in progress and then done. 

Whilst we could very well be comfortably leading the charge for Bertrand, he may be looking at contract offers from tens of clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not necessarily. 

Soumare and Daka are transfers, we're the only club to have bids accepted and get on with negotiating contracts. It was probably pretty straightforward to call those as in progress and then done. 

Whilst we could very well be comfortably leading the charge for Bertrand, he may be looking at contract offers from tens of clubs. 

Fair enough, I see what you mean. In that case I hope the club have a backup to get moving. I know the club out of all the teams in the prem have one of the highest international players out of pre season so I hope they are all done ASAP to be fair, as well as LB/LWB

11 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Castagna is an experienced international at 24. Soyuncu is an experienced international. Our weak link was Luke Thomas and to a degree Fofana, but fofana played with a level of maturity for most of the season.

You can't blame it all on youth. One of our major problems was defending set peices and corners and needing more height in the team. I'd say one experienced CB is enough although Burnley can do one if they want to over price Tarkowski out.

Then we have RP and JJ coming back. All is not as bad as it looks, particularly in the future.

In football results now matter more than the future. If a team loses because of an over emphasis on youth they get no understanding from their supporters , they want a winning team.

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

To be fair we had a lot of injuries at the back especially before Christmas. Ndidi also missing 12  games didn't help as out midfield was easy to overrun without him when playing 4 1 4 1 due to lack of physical presence - Soumare should help address that to a certain extent. 

Do agree we need an upgrade on Amartey if Rodgers prefers to play a wing back and midfielder in defence ahead of him. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Feels like Romano doing more work than our actual transfer team lol

Although in reality I know they've been super busy behind the scenes. Either they are waiting for 1st July or the end of the Euros to announce signings, but I do find it weird nothing has been announced yet. Maybe everyone is off on a massive holiday, wouldn't blame them!

how many clubs have officially announced any signings ???

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In football results now matter more than the future. If a team loses because of an over emphasis on youth they get no understanding from their supporters , they want a winning team.

No offence but that's absolute trash! That doesn't make sense whatsoever. 

My point is simple. Soyuncu isn't 19 anymore, he's 23 and has had 2 seasons with Evans. The problem we have is if we are going to a back 3 and having the players to do it and adding more experience.

We as fans arent stupid and from a clubs point of view and interviews etc, they get their points across well enough so that a 13 year old can understand it. I simply don't understand what you are saying because no one from a club especially the manager is going to come out after a game and blame it on youth.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

how many clubs have officially announced any signings ???

Fair point, only a few have:

https://talksport.com/football/889162/premier-league-done-deals-summer-transfer-news-deadline-day-manchester-united-liverpool-chelsea-arsenal-tottenham-manchester-city-aston-villa/

But the Soumare one is a bit strange as by all accounts it has been done for ages. But whatever, the club has more than earned my trust over the years and am not worried at all. If anything I should thank them because I haven't yet made a transfer window GIF for this year!

(Here was last year's one):

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2