Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

not sure I trust this guy 

No he's a child on the Internet.

Reliable sam martin said Dan james was looking at houses in Leicester too. I assume that's another bloke called dam James.

59 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In football results now matter more than the future. If a team loses because of an over emphasis on youth they get no understanding from their supporters , they want a winning team.

Results do matter more than the future......if you're a plastic fan.

Signings don't exist until I see them standing with the shirt on the official website...other than that its just entertainment to get me to the next season. Can't think of a reason the club would jeopardize deals in progress in order to satisfy the endless hunger for grist for the mill.

11 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Results do matter more than the future......if you're a plastic fan.

You obviously don't read the match threads. Winning is 90% of football , in truth if you can win with style that is a bonus but victory is fundamental and not in two years time but now. Managers who build for the future often get the sack .

Guest Chocolate Teapot
36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Basically says what Fabrizio had said in more words, conveniently significantly after 

Hes also claiming we were after Tavares. Hes making it up.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

You obviously don't read the match threads. Winning is 90% of football , in truth if you can win with style that is a bonus but victory is fundamental and not in two years time but now. Managers who build for the future often get the sack .

So your not happy with us finishing 5th two seasons in a row with 21 days break in between in the middle of a pandemic? Not enough for you given our finances?..............That's enough for me.

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Castagna is an experienced international at 24. Soyuncu is an experienced international. Our weak link was Luke Thomas and to a degree Fofana, but fofana played with a level of maturity for most of the season.

You can't blame it all on youth. One of our major problems was defending set peices and corners and needing more height in the team. I'd say one experienced CB is enough although Burnley can do one if they want to over price Tarkowski out.

Then we have RP and JJ coming back. All is not as bad as it looks, particularly in the future.

Soyuncu is far less predictable and seems to be more likely to make a defensive mistake than Fofana despite being 25. 

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

So your not happy with us finishing 5th two seasons in a row with 21 days break in between in the middle of a pandemic? Not enough for you given our finances?..............That's enough for me.

It doesn't matter whether I am happy or not. My original point was that lack of experience probably meant that we conceded more goals than we should have done. It was a disappointment to miss out on the champions league two years running and our injuries were exceptional but naivety also played a part.

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It doesn't matter whether I am happy or not. My original point was that lack of experience probably meant that we conceded more goals than we should have done. It was a disappointment to miss out on the champions league two years running and our injuries were exceptional but naivety also played a part.

If you sit an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters (some of you may have to Google that), eventually you’ll get the complete works of Shakespeare, they say.

Or in FT terms, if you check in often enough and read every damn post (not something I normally do but it’s passing the time between changes of dressings etc🏥👨‍⚕️), eventually you’ll find a line by @An Sionnachthat you agree with…

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

If you sit an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters (some of you may have to Google that), eventually you’ll get the complete works of Shakespeare, they say.

Or in FT terms, if you check in often enough and read every damn post (not something I normally do but it’s passing the time between changes of dressings etc🏥👨‍⚕️), eventually you’ll find a line by @An Sionnachthat you agree with…

My opinions may be left field Steve but they do get a reaction. You will notice though that I do not rubbish other peoples views because I think they are all valid. The forum would be boring if we all agreed with each other on everything. In truth the sensible commentators on here are not really that far apart.

• Like 2

Alioski is out of contract at Leeds, has PL experience and is younger and more versatile than Bertrand, wouldn’t be surprised if we made an offer to him to be backup LB

013AF699-A338-4C83-B5E1-2E3109785727.jpeg

Edited by FoxesWalk

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Alioski is out of contract at Leeds, has PL experience and is younger and more versatile than Bertrand, wouldn’t be surprised if we made an offer to him to be backup LB

013AF699-A338-4C83-B5E1-2E3109785727.jpeg

Should be aiming a little higher IMO....

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Should be aiming a little higher IMO....

Agreed, whoever we bring in will be a squad player for the most part, but you want them as close to 1st team quality as possible, I prefer Bertrand. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

26 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Agreed, whoever we bring in will be a squad player for the most part, but you want them as close to 1st team quality as possible, I prefer Bertrand. 

either on a free leaves things open to go back in for Gosens/an alternate starter next summer if Thomas doesn't develop as well as hoped or JJ doesn't fully recover his form coming back from his ACL

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I'm not that disappointed. With younger players there's always going to be a bit of inexperience that rears its ugly head occasionally. I'm willing to live with that given the club culture of taking young players with talent and coaching them to improve and if they reach a certain standard selling them on.

That's why I've followed Rodgers since Liverpool because his MO is basically getting players and clubs to punch above their weight. Using what clubs have not what supporters would like them to buy. It can become frustrating at times but for me its better than following Chelsea or United. Much more interesting to watch things grow and evolve. Supporters will do what they want. Its their state of mind.

and the post match thread :plancque:

28 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

She's actually reliable, don't think Leicester would expect getting less than 80 million though

the discussions will go something like this

RM: we'd like to buy Fofana

Us: But we thought you were skint?

RM: we are, can we talk about structure of the deal?

Us: **** off until you have some money ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s just nonsense - Madrid with €60m can have their pick of excellent CB’s from all over Europe 

they aren’t spending that on a 20 y o who isn’t yet the finished item to replace varane ….

maybe in two or three years ……

It's going to cost about the same as Maguire to even get us to think about it.