Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We conceded too many goals last season only Leeds were worse in the top half. We think we have a strong defence but the stats don't lie. If we had conceded eight to ten less , we would easily be in the champions league. Time and time again young defences prove vulnerable. Our defence when we won the premiership had an average age of 30+. We can't keep buying for the future we need to cut down the defeats now. Bertrand and Tarkowski would give us the experience that our defence( bar Jonny) lacks . We have a new striker so Rodgers should turn his attention to experience at the back.

In fairness, I don't think it was necessarily all down to younger personnel. Some of it was down to the persistence of playing 3 at the back when not necessary and putting players in certain positions they either weren't suited to (Castagne) or would have made more of a valuable contribution to protect the defence if played in their best positions (Ndidi and Ricardo) just as examples. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We conceded too many goals last season only Leeds were worse in the top half. We think we have a strong defence but the stats don't lie. If we had conceded eight to ten less , we would easily be in the champions league. Time and time again young defences prove vulnerable. Our defence when we won the premiership had an average age of 30+. We can't keep buying for the future we need to cut down the defeats now. Bertrand and Tarkowski would give us the experience that our defence( bar Jonny) lacks . We have a new striker so Rodgers should turn his attention to experience at the back.

But on the other hand, only United and Man City scored more than us.  Those two things, goals scored and goals against, often go hand in hand depending upon your set up and approach.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nick said:

All fair points but with JJ and LT and Timmy who can play there I just think BR will go for an old head and 70k a week ain’t really that bad - especially when you compare it to Fuchs.

Why would Bertrand leave the Saints to settle on 70K/week elsewhere? He would be expecting what would likely be his last raise.

4 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Why would Bertrand leave the Saints to settle on 70K/week elsewhere? He would be expecting what would likely be his last raise.

I was just replying to the post that said he would cost that.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Called this a while ago - on loan I reckon. Could definitely play alongside soyuncu or fofana. Hes slow though and not left footed.

It will be bertrand and will probably be announced tomorrow. I think that is the free transfer deadline. He will do a job but I know everyone is hopping for some one left field ( no pun intended) i just don't see anyone but Bertrand for our left back option.