Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, TommyK said:

Unpopular opinion alert; Perez did have some good games for us and isn't half as terrible as most on here make out. Played in Madison's position he's an ok prem player and a good squad player for us. On the right wing he is terrible. 

Would I sell? Yes. Is he the first player i'd try and get rid of? No. Armerty and Mendy would be my first out the door. 

I agree I think Perez did a solid job in the ten role when Maddison was injured not great but solid enough and if he is happy being a squad player I’d definitely keep him round as good rotation. I’d also argue Mendy did really well filling in for Ndidi at the start of the season which is what earnt him his new contract. I don’t get the rush to sell them

• Like 4

Just now, Ric Flair said:

How did he do a solid job, he scored 1 goal and provided zero assists. It's staggering where this assumption has come from.

I think he played some good link up play and was important in some moves that led up to goals even if he didn’t play the final pass. Football isnt all about goals and assists and I think it’s staggering that some people think so

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If you play as a 10 and don't score or assist then it's a waste of a pick in the team. I know there's more to football than doing just that but certain positions have to directly provide goals. Maddison gets slated and yet there's no coincidence that he got injured and his goals and assist from December to February were a huge miss when Ayo provided 1 in 3 months.

To be fair I don’t think Maddison deserves the criticism he gets but I don’t think Perez does either. I agree we definitely did miss Maddison hugely and Perez isn’t the perfect replacement. imo Perez is more of an 8 than a 10

25 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I agree I think Perez did a solid job in the ten role when Maddison was injured not great but solid enough and if he is happy being a squad player I’d definitely keep him round as good rotation. I’d also argue Mendy did really well filling in for Ndidi at the start of the season which is what earnt him his new contract. I don’t get the rush to sell them

I think we tended to play better with Perez than without. He doesn’t have the clinical edge he needs to be a top player but some of his link play is pretty good. I think he gets more stick Than is warranted from fans but at the same time 20 million is definitely more than he’s worth. He’s a good squad player.

• Like 4

To be fair if we got a decent offer for him I’m not saying I wouldn’t sell I just don’t get the rush to push him out

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think we tended to play better with Perez than without. He doesn’t have the clinical edge he needs to be a top player but some of his link play is pretty good. I think he gets more stick Than is warranted from fans but at the same time 20 million is definitely more than he’s worth. He’s a good squad player.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you play as a 10 and don't score or assist then it's a waste of a pick in the team. I know there's more to football than doing just that but certain positions have to directly provide goals. Maddison gets slated and yet there's no coincidence that he got injured and his goals and assists from December to February were a huge miss when Ayo provided 1 in 3 months.

Not to mention that shocking crucial misses in injury time vs Southampton and Chelsea that would have secured us top 4. Honking player, one of the worst we've had in years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

To be fair if we got a decent offer for him I’m not saying I wouldn’t sell I just don’t get the rush to push him out

Exactly, I definitely wouldn’t lose any sleep if he was sold but wouldn’t mind one bit if he was still around next season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, matty98 said:

There's surely no way we sign Matic, he doesn't have the legs and is far too slow. A midfield of Matic and Tielemans would just get completely destroyed. If we want another defensive midfielder it needs to be someone in the same style as Ndidi.

...not necessarily....!!!

Having Matic come on with 15 minutes to go or we are in the situation where we are crumbling, because we have lost our composure and no one is standing up to make a difference, then he is the perfect candidate to take control of the situation. 

Rodgers wish for experience and know-how would be what we will be getting and your Bournemouth's, Newcastle or Spurs meltdowns doesn’t happen.

You have seen what older heads have done, notably at Liverpool and we need to emulate that ability for us to progress. 

Perez needs to go. His output doesn't match his input. If he's out wide he's actually good at 1-2 ball play but other than that he runs into corners and gets the ball taken off him.

There's no doubt he has skill.

If he plays centrally he attempts to weave through a crowd of players, impossibly, and gets dispossessed. He falls over too obviously and his tracking back is average, certainly not that bad. 

Our wings are lopsided at the minute, one has a recognised winger and one doesn't. 

We are a team with 1 no.10 (who often doesn't play their). 

I'd sell Perez for £20-25m. I'd sell choudhury and possibly mendy as well and use these monies to buy a decent right winger as we have a pacey left winger. I want to see our club lobbing balls over from Evans etc in the defensive area and down the flanks to be controlled by our wingers and control play that way. It isn't an easy thing to regularly grasp with a high percentage but that's what I'm hoping for. 

Madders needs to be in that no10 position this season as I think daka and vardy will play together for the majority of games. Madders would be at the tip of a diamond then as well and his back up could be potentially matic

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

Rare I say this about a Leicester player, but I can't forgive Perez that miss at Chelsea at the end of the season, let alone the rest of the rubbish he's served up. Still can't believe how many people used to argue that he was a better pick than nacho. One or two good games a season dosent mean he's good, or even worth keeping. Out the door Perez, thanks for the memories ! 

5 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Could be he was too expensive last year but a year less on his contract / if we are in a better position financially this year. It might just not have been the right time last year

Works both ways. I don’t imagine he would be cheaper after a good tournament showing. Like I said though, just wary but not totally against it.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If you play as a 10 and don't score or assist then it's a waste of a pick in the team. I know there's more to football than doing just that but certain positions have to directly provide goals. Maddison gets slated and yet there's no coincidence that he got injured and his goals and assists from December to February were a huge miss when Ayo provided 1 in 3 months.

Not to mention that shocking crucial misses in injury time vs Southampton and Chelsea that would have secured us top 4. Honking player, one of the worst we've had in years.

:shinji:

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

:shinji:

Tbh, that only really worked when vardy was scoring 24 league goals and Mahrez was scoring 17 league goals and 11 assists (really outstanding numbers). You can’t accommodate those sort of poor numbers - eg firmino gets away with it because salah and mane score loads 

• Like 1

I think we will get between 10-15m and if we do we should accept and use to reinvest. Perez has nice touches and control but is very frustrating as he has very little end product. As has been stated before I think we paid 16m up front so I think if we recoup a decent % of that we will be more than happy to let him

move on 

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Tbh, that only really worked when vardy was scoring 24 league goals and Mahrez was scoring 17 league goals and 11 assists (really outstanding numbers). You can’t accommodate those sort of poor numbers - eg firmino gets away with it because salah and mane score loads 

Exactly. All those supporting Perez, he came in in a 3-4-1-2 when we lost Barnes and Maddisons ridiculous amount of goals and assists they'd provided from December to February. Thankfully Iheanacho then decided to prop the team up on his own with a lot of goals but he was the only one and its no coincidence we scored less and averaged less points. There was no consistent creator or other streams of goals. 

• Like 2

I thought Perez would be a good signing at the time.

However, for the money paid, I would have expected more. Being asked to play out of position on the right has been part of his downfall, but even when given the chance to lead the line or play as a number 10, he has underperformed.

I do think he has good work rate levels, presses well and is a good link between midfield and attack, however, goals scored, chances created and physicality is not good enough.

He's a decent squad player, but if the figures quoted are anywhere near accurate, I hope we cash in and use it to buy Periera or Berardi, but of whom should be an upgrade.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1