Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

We can't sell Perez for anything under £18-20mil. We need funds for in defence and out wide. Selling Choudhury for £15-18mil and Mendy (may keep for sqaud depth), say £12-14mil. Mendy isn't that bad at setting in the area ndidi plays at and distributing the ball forward. 

People have said to sell Praet but that's a big no for me. We are already struggling with a RW and at least Preat is very versatile and direct in the right of centre mid. I'm not sure which way that's going to go but I hope he stays.

With those players gone it would get us a RW if there's one available. If not keep Praet and force the issue with Tarkowski. If he wants out of their then he needs to push them from his end as well as us testing the waters throwing a few bids in. If Tarkowski isn't bothered or doesn't seem so then we need to move on quickly. 

The wage bill has significantly gone down with players leaving and while I wouldn't advocate breaking the bank, I would use ffp and the other key signings to get us to where BR wanted which was 4/5 incomings.

Cmon fabrizioromano

I think Perez is a forward/striker to be played in a front 2, we just haven't played him in that position for an extended period. His only assets is his ability to win the ball high up the pitch and his close ball control in the box. He's never going to play this position for us so should be moved on ASAP.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

We can't sell Perez for anything under £18-20mil. We need funds for in defence and out wide. Selling Choudhury for £15-18mil and Mendy (may keep for sqaud depth), say £12-14mil. Mendy isn't that bad at setting in the area ndidi plays at and distributing the ball forward. 

People have said to sell Praet but that's a big no for me. We are already struggling with a RW and at least Preat is very versatile and direct in the right of centre mid. I'm not sure which way that's going to go but I hope he stays.

With those players gone it would get us a RW if there's one available. If not keep Praet and force the issue with Tarkowski. If he wants out of their then he needs to push them from his end as well as us testing the waters throwing a few bids in. If Tarkowski isn't bothered or doesn't seem so then we need to move on quickly. 

The wage bill has significantly gone down with players leaving and while I wouldn't advocate breaking the bank, I would use ffp and the other key signings to get us to where BR wanted which was 4/5 incomings.

Cmon fabrizioromano

I don't think anyone's saying we want to sell Praet, just that it's expected that Praet would want to move to somewhere he can get game time and it would be great to see him make more of a career than as a bench player. 

Obviously it would be much better for the club for him to stay, he's a very good player and a well liked one. It's just hard to see a route for him where he breaks into a starting position without injuries. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, frany104 said:

I’d honestly consider taking 5-10 mill for Perez.  He’s useless. Waste of wages and a squad place. 

I’d take 10 million for him.  You can get caught up in the “we can’t take less because we paid this much” game, but 10 million is still money that can go towards a player that will actually be of some use.  10 million more than zero, to be precise.  Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Edited by Deeg67

18 minutes ago, Verumex said:

I don't think anyone's saying we want to sell Praet, just that it's expected that Praet would want to move to somewhere he can get game time and it would be great to see him make more of a career than as a bench player. 

Obviously it would be much better for the club for him to stay, he's a very good player and a well liked one. It's just hard to see a route for him where he breaks into a starting position without injuries. 

In the position that he plays and the lack of players in the area then the club needs to be forceful in keeping him here.

There is no point building a great team if we leave ourselves weak in this area. Praet I've always advocated, but if we can't fix this RW area then the club must keep him. 

We could sell Perez for £10m, save about £10m in wages over 3 years too and pay £5-6m loan fees for the remainder of his contract here for better wingers who's clubs need bunce or who have fallen out of favour. 

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We could sell Perez for £10m, save about £10m in wages over 3 years too and pay £5-6m loan fees for the remainder of his contract here for better wingers who's clubs need bunce or who have fallen out of favour. 

Pérez (I’m not a fan boy) is right now the guy we put in at 10 in the Madders role when he’s injured or knackered. For me we’d need a replacement player of creative ilk rather than just smashing it all on wingers… Don’t get me wrong, I’d love somebody that can stand up near a football as the replacement but do feel we would need one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Pérez (I’m not a fan boy) is right now the guy we put in at 10 in the Madders role when he’s injured or knackered. For me we’d need a replacement player of creative ilk rather than just smashing it all on wingers… Don’t get me wrong, I’d love somebody that can stand up near a football as the replacement but do feel we would need one?

Or sign someone who can play both roles.

Pereira

Blas

Olise

Madueke

• Like 1

The only player sold is Knight , I'm sure we are open to offers on a number of players but no firm interest in anybody. Pereira is almost certainly available but will be pretty expensive. We so often get stuck with players we struggle to sell but we need to do this if we going to be in a position to bid for a player like Pereira.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or sign someone who can play both roles.

Pereira

Blas

Olise

Madueke

I would like to see further efforts to bring a player who has a bit of diversity about them. We've been blessed throughout the team of having players who can player the opposite side when needed, and wingers for example that have been able to swap mid-game. We could do with a new and improved Albrighton. That's no disrespect to Marc, he's probably our most underrated player of all time imo. But we need to phase him out, and now is the time. We can't forgo the defensive assets that we also need with a great attacking threat.

Who have we been linked with that fits that criteria so far that's not wishful thinking?

• Like 1

Just now, mikey54 said:

I see the ‘Perez Hate Brigade’ are out in force again today. Have you nothing better to do ffs?

With Everton reportedly interested it' a perfectly legitimate topic for discussion.

I don't know we keep having to have the Perez conversation. He's a decent player but shouldn't be starting for us, end of discussion really. Paying £30m was the problem but that isn't his fault. Got no problem with him being an option from the bench, his best performances have been when he comes off the bench when we are winning and helps finish the game off. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ditto to that. Out of all of our players there are a couple that I'd say are too lazy in game management.

You ever find that when we are losing with 10 minutes to go that Perez acts like it's his day off. Maddison can be infuriating too but that's different.

23 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know we keep having to have the Perez conversation. He's a decent player but shouldn't be starting for us, end of discussion really. Paying £30m was the problem but that isn't his fault. Got no problem with him being an option from the bench, his best performances have been when he comes off the bench when we are winning and helps finish the game off. 

The thought of him costing us £30m still stings... considering weve just spent £40m on a midfielder that won the french league last season and a forward whos been compared to Mane and haarland ffs. i can understand the hate bridgade on this one haha, fml poor recruitment.

Edited by Simoken

25 minutes ago, Simoken said:

The thought of him costing us £30m still stings... considering weve just spent £40m on a midfielder that won the french league last season and a forward whos been compared to Mane and haarland ffs. i can understand the hate bridgade on this one haha, fml poor recruitment.

Different market due to COVID, most club outside the PL are struggling financially.  

1 hour ago, mikey54 said:

I see the ‘Perez Hate Brigade’ are out in force again today. Have you nothing better to do ffs?

Have you nothing better to do than stick up for a player whose indefensible? Set up a go fund me page for him.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you nothing better to do than stick up for a player whose indefensible? Set up a go fund me page for him.

Thing is the more he gets slagged off , the less likely he is to leave. Rodgers hates to admit he is wrong so he will keep playing him. The bloke is a pro and gets paid well so unless some other deluded club offers him the same money , he will see his contract out.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is the more he gets slagged off , the less likely he is to leave. Rodgers hates to admit he is wrong so he will keep playing him. The bloke is a pro and gets paid well so unless some other deluded club offers him the same money , he will see his contract out.

Are you suggesting that BR will select his team based on Foxestalk comments?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3