Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What you trying to say?

It’s the recruitment that brought Perez, a recruitment almost universally beyond rebuke, but in the case of Perez they got it wrong. He is a bad fit, but not at fault for being here. His sub standard performances are on him mind.

I rate Perez about the same as @Ric Flair but you have to acknowledge that without his graft we wouldn’t have an FA Cup. 

He gets a few vital interceptions every game.. doesn’t make it worth having him imo but far from the worst signing we’ve made. Musa will haunt me forever 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is the more he gets slagged off , the less likely he is to leave. Rodgers hates to admit he is wrong so he will keep playing him. 

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Rodgers is a professional not a 12 year old.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is the more he gets slagged off , the less likely he is to leave. Rodgers hates to admit he is wrong so he will keep playing him. The bloke is a pro and gets paid well so unless some other deluded club offers him the same money , he will see his contract out.

Hahahahaaa I'm sorry pal, but that is a wild statement. 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you nothing better to do than stick up for a player whose indefensible? Set up a go fund me page for him.

Indefensible? Clearly not by everyone - Brendan included. All very boring 🥱🥱

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s the recruitment that brought Perez, a recruitment almost universally beyond rebuke, but in the case of Perez they got it wrong. He is a bad fit, but not at fault for being here. His sub standard performances are on him mind.

It's nothing personal, not like the vitriol that gets thrown at Maddison. The simple fact is, whether it's the players fault or not if a below standard player gets repeatedly picked for a team then they will become a hate figure. 

I love him when he doesn't play, spot on.

• Like 1

Just now, mikey54 said:

Indefensible? Clearly not by everyone - Brendan included. All very boring 🥱🥱

I'm sure it us boring, just like it's boring those who stick up for him but do so without providing a convincing defence. 

He cost us top 4 last season. Put away 1 of the 3 sitters he missed in injury time vs Palace, Southampton or Chelsea away and we'd have £45m more to pay his contract up and replace him. Very unprofessional of him, he did it deliberately. 

• Haha 1

Perez is an adequate squad player who can do a job when called upon. The fact that we paid £30m, allegedly, is not his fault.

That being said, he is the type of player we should be replacing as we improve the squad. Rather than bringing someone off the bench who can do a job we need players who can change a game, who can generate excitement amongst the Leicester players and fans. Perez is not that person.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

Ooooh look a thread that’s  turned into a slating Perez that who’d have thought it . 

Oooooh look another post to point out that a thread contains compelling reasons why Perez is dog mess. 

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I rate Perez about the same as @Ric Flair but you have to acknowledge that without his graft we wouldn’t have an FA Cup. 

He gets a few vital interceptions every game.. doesn’t make it worth having him imo but far from the worst signing we’ve made. Musa will haunt me forever 

Harsh

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Musa will haunt me forever 

We got our money back for Musa...I don't see that happening for Perez.

I feel for Perez. He was played out of position and his confidence seems shot. I think he needs a change of scenery to get his game back on track.

Whatever we payed for him is a sunk cost, so whatever we'd get for him is what he's worth. If he wants regular football, I think he needs to move on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Twitter transfer rumours has gone hot, something exciting must be happening.

Sorry, but it’s yet another topic that has degenerated into a Perez debate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikey54 said:

Sorry, but it’s yet another topic that has degenerated into a Perez debate

The most one sided debate there's ever been. Keep bowling down them no balls and I'll slog them for 6. 

I don’t think Perez is a bad player, I just don’t see where he fits, and I don’t think he does either! If we were buying him to play off the front man then I could understand it, but he was clearly bought to play right side which is not his position, and he’s not effective. When he’s gone in behind the frontman, he’s had something to offer but it hasn’t been frequently enough. He’s shown flashes - Southampton away, West Ham away when we changed the side completely 2019, but especially at home, he doesn’t offer enough or contribute enough to hold a starting spot for me, and dare I say most onlookers. We don’t often play to his strengths, and he has found it difficult to adapt to what is expected of him here. If a good offer came in, I wouldn’t be averse to selling, but if he can get things to click, then he could be useful to keep around. With Daka added to the forward options, and hopefully a winger, he really needs pull the stops out to even get on the bench as it stands

• Like 1

Perez is pretty crap.

I’m struggling to think of any positives he brings to the table, even in his most productive position for us, he ruins the shape and hampers the overall gameplan.

I’d not be sorry if we let him go for nothing.

• Haha 2