Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Perez is an adequate squad player who can do a job when called upon. The fact that we paid £30m, allegedly, is not his fault.

What job is that?

trying to be nice here but Perez needs a move away somewhere he fits in and doesnt have the pressure. In fairness to our club we've given him ample time to be much better but it hasn't really happened. His position is a very high profile one too. Just a matter of time until we find that dynamic right sided winger and Perez will be benched permanently. The writing is on the wall. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Perez reminds me of Ulloa in many ways, not as a player but just his tenure at the club. Ulloa was better though. 

That’s a weird comparison seeing as everyone loved Ulloa.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

When Ulloa moment came in the title race he buried the late penalty against West Ham and then two massive goals against Swansea when Vardy was suspended, making himself a hero.

When Perez big moment came, he blazed it over the bar.

Add the late winner against Norwich.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Oooooh look another post to point out that a thread contains compelling reasons why Perez is dog mess. 

It’s hardly compelling when it’s repeated rinsed then repeated again in every other thread . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Perez is pretty crap.

I’m struggling to think of any positives he brings to the table, even in his most productive position for us, he ruins the shape and hampers the overall gameplan.

I’d not be sorry if we let him go for nothing.

Not like you to prevaricate, Strokes...

• Haha 1

Perez is infuriating to watch.  Tootling around, running into dead ends, losing possession and falling over.  A dead weight.  Watching him makes my eye start to twitch and I find myself making an involuntary fist, but what is even more maddening is the fact that he continues to be picked and continues to keep costing us.  Even more maddening still, the creeping thought of 'if only'.  Where would we be now 'if only' we had got the right player for that position?   If only we had got a merely half decent player for that position where would we be?  Champion's League surely?  That misstep in the transfer market cost us big time.

Having said that, those that say that his fee was not his fault are right.  Our recruitment is the envy of the league and yet I could still name a full XI of flops plus subs.   We squandered two thirds of the Mahrez money on Perez and Ghezzal.  That money is gone and we will have to buy for a third time but the true cost is the missed opportunities to qualify for CL.  The true cost is much more than his £30m fee and the Perez transfer more disastrous than SIlva, Slimani, Musa etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

It’s hardly compelling when it’s repeated rinsed then repeated again in every other thread . 

Why does something that is repeated  make it less of an argument? That's like saying Mick Philpott wasn't that bad because whenever his name is brought up everyone shows their disgust at what he did. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Why does something that is repeated  make it less of an argument? That's like saying Mick Philpott wasn't that bad because whenever his name is brought up everyone shows their disgust at what he did. 

Didn’t say it was less of an argument did I ? 
For  the record  I don’t rate him either just bored shitless of the same people either slating him or sticking up for him in nearly every  thread both sides repeating  themselves  like they are going to change  the other persons mind . Perez has got his own thread but still manages to get bought up in nealry any other thread . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Didn’t say it was less of an argument did I ? 
For  the record  I don’t rate him either just bored shitless of the same people either slating him or sticking up for him in nearly every  thread both sides repeating  themselves  like they are going to. Hangs the other persons mind . Perez has got his own thread but still manages to get bought up in nealry any other thread . 

Tbf the Perez bashing has crept into this thread because of a tantalising but almost certainly untrue rumour about Benitez coming in for him, so actually on topic.

When a thread starts to grate or bore me I just skip past, it's easy, you should try it, but you're right that it keeps cropping up and I am more guilty than most.  I can't resist but it is equally true that the Perez problem is still with us and until it is resolved it is likely to keep cropping up again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I think we tended to play better with Perez than without. He doesn’t have the clinical edge he needs to be a top player but some of his link play is pretty good. I think he gets more stick Than is warranted from fans but at the same time 20 million is definitely more than he’s worth. He’s a good squad player.

i agree with this. But what I would add that if he was in the first 11, as it stands, he’s be the one position we could buy someone in to improve the first 11

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Add the late winner against Norwich.

How could I forget that, watched it in an Irish bar in New York.

He's role in the second half off the season is sometimes forgotten, massive moments and 6 goals and 3 assists in only 966 minutes. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, murphy said:

Tbf the Perez bashing has crept into this thread because of a tantalising but almost certainly untrue rumour about Benitez coming in for him, so actually on topic.

When a thread starts to grate or bore me I just skip past, it's easy, you should try it, but you're right that it keeps cropping up and I am more guilty than most.  I can't resist but it is equally true that the Perez problem is still with us and until it is resolved it is likely to keep cropping up again.

I do try to but when you see a thread go hot about another player so you dive in it to look only to find the Perez debate suddenly appear again a few comments in . Then try and skip through  it to see if there actually any news on the guy who the thread is supposed to be about . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2