Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm sure it us boring, just like it's boring those who stick up for him but do so without providing a convincing defence. 

He cost us top 4 last season. Put away 1 of the 3 sitters he missed in injury time vs Palace, Southampton or Chelsea away and we'd have £45m more to pay his contract up and replace him. Very unprofessional of him, he did it deliberately. 

You are over egging it again, it does your case no good.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The most one sided debate there's ever been. Keep bowling down them no balls and I'll slog them for 6. 

He lost us champions league last season... lol

You call that hittiing it for six, I call it losing credibility fast.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Pliskin said:

They offer a reasonable amount I’d let him go.

As backup are we going to get a better option?

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

They offer a reasonable amount I’d let him go.

we wouldn’t be able to get a like for like  replacement without being in the red on those particular deals… he’s 31 and just starting the last season of his contract…  we wouldn’t get much for  him at all

Guest Bert Fill
16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He cost us top 4 last season.

So did Vardy with several misses.

So, for that matter did several others - any defenders who made mistakes that caused goals for a start.

So very very bored with the tedious Perez bashers. He’s one of two fairly regular starters we have who aren’t quite good enough for where we want/need to be. End of. He’s neither the devil incarnate nor the worst player in the history of football.

The problem is that as long as Perez is an option BR will use him ahead of players who offer much more.  Whether that's because of the rumored contract clause (which I suspect is BS), or Rodgers' own stubbornness and love for predictable players, the only fix is to remove the temptation.

Edited by Deeg67

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

So, for that matter did several others - any defenders who made mistakes that caused goals for a start.

So very very bored with the tedious Perez bashers. He’s one of two fairly regular starters we have who aren’t quite good enough for where we want/need to be. End of. He’s neither the devil incarnate nor the worst player in the history of football.

Its obviously a very subjective statement to make that a player was responsible for failure to achieve something. What cannot be denied is that almost every player in our team could be proven to have provided important goals and assists that won us points and certainly players who are supposed to be an attacker, except for one player - Ayoze Perez.

His record here is extraordinary. 1 goal all season that directly had an impact on a result. That's what makes those hideous misses vs Palace, Southampton and Chelsea in injury time hard to accept. The bloke is a huge disappointment. On the other hand how many goals or assists did Vardy provide that won us points?

• Like 2

Absolutely nobody has expressed any interest in Perez so just wishing him away is not going to work. We will just have to hope that he is determined to put a rubbish season behind him and make a real contribution this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Absolutely nobody has expressed any interest in Perez so just wishing him away is not going to work. We will just have to hope that he is determined to put a rubbish season behind him and make a real contribution this time.

...Perez is not likely to turn up next season and perform in anyway that you are hoping he should!!!

What you see is what you get, and Rodger's ploy as a filler in the midfield and support for the forwards is what we will  get. Anyone seeking creativity, goals and assists are going to be disappointed because that is not his remit.

As someone who has played upfront within the Premiership his finishing should  be better and chipping in with a goal now and then. To fail to score from the positions he has found himself is on him, but the role he is asked to play, does not lend itself as to how you might expect him to play next season. It just won't!!!

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Its obviously a very subjective statement to make that a player was responsible for failure to achieve something. What cannot be denied is that almost every player in our team could be proven to have provided important goals and assists that won us points and certainly players who are supposed to be an attacker, except for one player - Ayoze Perez.

And if you’d simply said that, I wouldn’t have disagreed.

(Assists are a pretty meaningless statistic, mind. At least a lack of assists is pretty meaningless. Lionel Messi could spend an entire season putting me through on goal dozens of times a game and end up with zero ‘assists’ because I’d be so crap I’d miss them all. He’d still have been brilliant.)

2 hours ago, Bert Fill said:

In a relatively (by his standards) poor season, marred by injury,  Vardy scored 17 goals and provided 9 assists.  Plenty of clubs would sell their metaphorical grandmothers for a striker that could do that.  Across the forward line, Barnes, Maddison, Vardy and Iheanacho all weighed in with plenty of goals and assists.  There is one player that didn't contribute so it is reasonable to imagine that with a fully functioning Perez-free forward line we could have made just the marginal improvement needed to get over the line.

It's not just the numbers.  I could even live with his low statistical output if his general play wasn't so ineffective and wasteful (see  Albrighton).  I fear his legacy and greatest contribution in a blue shirt will forever be a fluked thigh to hand interception that he knew little about.

I find it funny that people that claim to find this discussion boring and tedious feel the need to perpetuate it with such weak arguments.

Perez is a player with great talent, however he is lazy and has no fight in the tackle , he gets bullied of the ball more times than he wins , I just can’t see what anyone sees in him , we need to sell him and bring in a player who can hold the ball and then play the ball to one of our players 

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I find it funny that people that claim to find this discussion boring and tedious feel the need to perpetuate it with such weak arguments.

Glad to have amused you.

Unfortunately, seeing as you evidently missed my whole (pretty obvious) point, I’ll clearly have to explain to you what I was saying. 

It is daft to blame it all on one man.

There you go. That’s all I was saying. And in words of one syllable too, to make it nice and easy for you.

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Perez is not likely to turn up next season and perform in anyway that you are hoping he should!!!

What you see is what you get, and Rodger's ploy as a filler in the midfield and support for the forwards is what we will  get. Anyone seeking creativity, goals and assists are going to be disappointed because that is not his remit.

As someone who has played upfront within the Premiership his finishing should  be better and chipping in with a goal now and then. To fail to score from the positions he has found himself is on him, but the role he is asked to play, does not lend itself as to how you might expect him to play next season. It just won't!!!

The current evidence supports your argument of course. Perez is a skilled footballer however , but for me he is at his best in a crowded box , he has shown this with Iheanacho at times , they seem to read each other well. We just don't play that way and he is not suited to fast break football.It was bad scouting in the first place and Rodgers should take a lot of the blame. He will spend a lot of time on the bench next season but I doubt that he will be going anywhere.

• Like 1

Can all the nonsense about Perez be moved to the Perez thread please? No-one is coming to this thread to read that. It's annoying.

(I am aware I'm adding to this by talking about Perez haha)

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Glad to have amused you.

Unfortunately, seeing as you evidently missed my whole (pretty obvious) point, I’ll clearly have to explain to you what I was saying. 

It is daft to blame it all on one man.

There you go. That’s all I was saying. And in words of one syllable too, to make it nice and easy for you.

No patronising explanation necessary.  I get it.   I just happen to disagree.  

There was one player that failed repeatedly to make a significant contribution,  It cost us dearly.

Edited by murphy

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The level of hate aimed at Perez on here is embarrassing. 

Yeah we need to upgrade on him for sure but the vitriol makes very sad reading.

Agree and I worry he'll get the same boo boy treatment from a section of our so called fans, who probably did the same to Nacho and who now worship him, when crowds return to the KP.

Edited by MGLCFC

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The level of hate aimed at Perez on here is embarrassing. 

Yeah we need to upgrade on him for sure but the vitriol makes very sad reading.

Happens during every era at every club when there is a player who is picked regularly who is significantly below the required level. Nature of the beast. In an ideal world it shouldn't be this severe, criticise fair enough but it's borne out of frustration due to the management picking said ayer. Nothing against him as a person, blot on his copy book for the party and clearly a bit of a helmet but I love the bloke when he doesn't play very often.