Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

14 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Based on? He does look like a good prospect and definitely fits the mould of player we’ve previously gone for. 

Relatives in France said there's murmurings over there that we want both Amine and Yacine Adli, although the latter might only be if we sell a few midfielders first.

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Relatives in France said there's murmurings over there that we want both Amine and Yacine Adli, although the latter might only be if we sell a few midfielders first.

Right winger from ligue 2 - what could possibly go wrong.... 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

...just went to watch YouTube regarding these guys..!!!

Amine looks like an absolute handful, hard to keep him quiet with his movement and awareness. Not very good in deadball situations around the box and biggest drawback is he goes down far too often and we can't have two players like Maddison doing that, it's annoying!!

Yacine is languid but appears  half a yard too slow, lacks genuine creativity, not sure why we need to pick him up, he looks good on the ball, but that is it.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Really hope these come off, would be 2 very good signings, even if we just sign Amine. Very exciting player.

• Like 3

Was linked with Yacine before as well as Amine.. “Potential Maddison replacement” interesting…

Great news in regards to Amine Adli, hopefully AC Milan have moved onto other targets. Left footed, can play CAM or RW, last year of his contract.. Worth the risk imo. 

Yacine looks a bit too lightweight for me, think he’d struggle to make an impact in the PL. Also rumours of attitude problems which is why PSG let him go

12 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Was linked with Yacine before as well as Amine.. “Potential Maddison replacement” interesting…

We will not be replacing Maddison with a 20 y.o. kid with limited experience . If he goes ,which I personally doubt, we spend the full fee on a like for like replacement.

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We will not be replacing Maddison with a 20 y.o. kid with limited experience . If he goes ,which I personally doubt, we spend the full fee on a like for like replacement.

I seriously doubt that! He has not been a key component in the team for a good while (yes, we missed him, but we adapted), so would suspect it may be used for upgrading elsewhere with the funds, especially if we move more towards a 4-3-3.

edit : that article is a year old anyway  lol

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I seriously doubt that! He has not been a key component in the team for a good while (yes, we missed him, but we adapted), so would suspect it may be used for upgrading elsewhere with the funds, especially if we move more towards a 4-3-3.

Its 50-50 whether Tielemans leaves, losing our other major creative midfielder at the same time would be a very bad move. I am optimistic that Jimmy will be back on it next season.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

We're not going to spend 60-70 mill on a replacement. Utter nonsense! 25-40 mill would be more likely, although wouldn't be surprised if we used the money to fund both a new CAM and RW ie Matheus Pereira + Berardi 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Are you saying that's what you think would happen? Because I think that's highly unlikely. If we sold a player for ~£60-70m, I think we'd almost certainly be looking to buy 2 or 3 players with that money.

• Like 4

If we want to remain a top 6 team we cannot replace core players like Maddison and Tielemans with unproven youngsters . In the end we will have to spend big to replace players like them. Sustaining what we have now will not be done on the cheap. We are now vying with clubs who do that and I do not see how we can be an exception. Title winning teams almost always have an average age in the mid to late twenties , its just the way it is.

The "if we want to be a big club we have to act like a big club" argument might make a modicum of sense if it didn't ignore the fact that we don't have the resources to do so and that our incredible progress up to this point has come from us doing basically the exact opposite. There is no precedent whatsoever for us spending the entire fee we bring in for a key player on a direct replacement and I don't see why that would change in Maddison's case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

The "if we want to be a big club we have to act like a big club" argument might make a modicum of sense if it didn't ignore the fact that we don't have the resources to do so and that our incredible progress up to this point has come from us doing basically the exact opposite. There is no precedent whatsoever for us spending the entire fee we bring in for a key player on a direct replacement and I don't see why that would change in Maddison's case.

I think one of the key factors on Youri signing a new contact is demostrating we're ambiutious enough in the transfer market to be challanging top four again, if we sell maddison and don't spend that money, i'd have thought we may as well admit defeat on that aswell

• Like 1

King Power is a very well resourced company and, assuming Leicester City is not a vanity project ,they will have to underpin our transfer dealings as the owners of the other big clubs do. We aspired to be a big successful club and now we have achieved it,  but as I said , sustaining it won't be cheap.