Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we want to remain a top 6 team we cannot replace core players like Maddison and Tielemans with unproven youngsters . In the end we will have to spend big to replace players like them. Sustaining what we have now will not be done on the cheap. We are now vying with clubs who do that and I do not see how we can be an exception. Title winning teams almost always have an average age in the mid to late twenties , its just the way it is.

The top 10 average teams including PL winning teams for ages are between 25-27 so I wouldn't say the championship winning teams are towards the late 20's otherwise I doubt they'd have the stamina to get over the finishing line. 

Regarding spending big on every major outgoing player it's a double edged sword. I doubt our club can gamble on doing that for every major player sale for the simple reason that if a few fail then we won't get that money back and will eventually leave ourselves vulnerable for bringing in players. The way we sell 1 big player, bring in 2-3 exciting young players that have been well scouted is the way our business model works.

I agree on marquee signings and still hope to get one as a RW position player.

Just now, splinterdream said:

I think one of the key factors on Youri signing a new contact is demostrating we're ambiutious enough in the transfer market to be challanging top four again, if we sell maddison and don't spend that money, i'd have thought we may as well admit defeat on that aswell

I agree but the sensible thing would be to stick with our method of spreading the love over the squad rather than just bringing in a like-for-like replacement and end up not really having moved forwards at all. It might be that we've already done that and we brought Daka and Soumare in with the knowledge that Maddison moving on would (potentially more than) cover their costs, in which case I would imagine that we've still got enough in the bank to make a few more manoeuvres yet. I'm still far from convinced he'll be going anywhere and obviously we'll have to wait and see but it would be a huge departure from the way we usually operate to let him go and then immediately wang his entire transfer fee on a straight replacement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

I agree but the sensible thing would be to stick with our method of spreading the love over the squad rather than just bringing in a like-for-like replacement and end up not really having moved forwards at all. It might be that we've already done that and we brought Daka and Soumare in with the knowledge that Maddison moving on would (potentially more than) cover their costs, in which case I would imagine that we've still got enough in the bank to make a few more manoeuvres yet. I'm still far from convinced he'll be going anywhere and obviously we'll have to wait and see but it would be a huge departure from the way we usually operate to let him go and then immediately wang his entire transfer fee on a straight replacement.

I agree with this. I'd add that FFP is relaxed this year too so on top of the incoming signings and no outgoing players this year will give us a great platform of significantly strengthening our squad with the knowledge that at least 1 big player will depart next year and we can reinvest like last year accordingly for next year..

• Like 1

Replacing Maddison would require a player of similar age with the goals and assists  in a similar standard of football, with a sound injury record and hopefully a less accident prone off-field lifestyle. That sort of player is uncommon and desirable and would certainly take a similar amount of money to buy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

King Power is a very well resourced company and, assuming Leicester City is not a vanity project ,they will have to underpin our transfer dealings as the owners of the other big clubs do. We aspired to be a big successful club and now we have achieved it,  but as I said , sustaining it won't be cheap.

....they do not have to do anything!!!

They have proven time after time their commitment to the club, we are the club bringing a new way to compete on and off the pitch. This club is designed to become self sufficient and we are attempting to move to meet that model.

If you are suggesting this is as a result of FFP taking a hiatus requiring the club to guarantee the "overspend this season" then I can agree with you due to that caveat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

King Power is a very well resourced company and, assuming Leicester City is not a vanity project ,they will have to underpin our transfer dealings as the owners of the other big clubs do. We aspired to be a big successful club and now we have achieved it,  but as I said , sustaining it won't be cheap.

Kroenke & Glazers haven't put a penny into Arsenal and Man Utd outside of the money the club generates itself. FSG & ENIC have put very little into Liverpool and Spurs, especially on transfers. King Power aren't just going to start pumping in money to the club to try and compete with the Rich 6 clubs in the transfer market. 

27 minutes ago, turlo said:

Kroenke & Glazers haven't put a penny into Arsenal and Man Utd outside of the money the club generates itself. FSG & ENIC have put very little into Liverpool and Spurs, especially on transfers. King Power aren't just going to start pumping in money to the club to try and compete with the Rich 6 clubs in the transfer market. 

Its more about guaranteeing loans .All clubs borrow against future revenue. We have payed out big fees for Tielemans and Fofana , but largely financed that with sales. This window two of our major players are being linked with possible moves and we have no obvious replacements at the club. The fees received from core players have to be used to buy players of an equal stature. Not for one minute would I expect us to overreach in the market but sometimes you have to go further than you are absolutely comfortable with.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its more about guaranteeing loans .All clubs borrow against future revenue. We have payed out big fees for Tielemans and Fofana , but largely financed that with sales. This window two of our major players are being linked with possible moves and we have no obvious replacements at the club. The fees received from core players have to be used to buy players of an equal stature. Not for one minute would I expect us to overreach in the market but sometimes you have to go further than you are absolutely comfortable with.

....it will be one or the other, should we choose to sell!!!

I would be pretty sure there will be a short list of potential replacements ready for that eventuality. Some players not expecting to be moved on then find themselves having to make decisions about their future due to the knock on effect.

1 hour ago, turlo said:

The King Power business is duty free shops at airports in the Far East and based on the fact the airlines around the world have been hit in a massive way with Covid 19 I suspect that there will not be very much cash to spend

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The King Power business is duty free shops at airports in the Far East and based on the fact the airlines around the world have been hit in a massive way with Covid 19 I suspect that there will not be very much cash to spend

For the last time, this has got sweet FA to do with what we spend in a transfer window.

KPI have not put any money directly into the club since we got promoted. The club spends the money it makes, not KPI's.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

He’s apparently rejected Lille 👀

Haven’t heard much about this chap, what position does he play and more important is he going to be good enough to force his way into our first team… 👍

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Replacing Maddison would require a player of similar age with the goals and assists  in a similar standard of football, with a sound injury record and hopefully a less accident prone off-field lifestyle. That sort of player is uncommon and desirable and would certainly take a similar amount of money to buy.

I don't see the necessity of engaging a player of the same age that Maddison is now.

Why not find a player of similar age to that of Maddison when he joined us, and coach him to develop in a similar way?  This approach conforms to our model which has served us well so far.

• Like 1

Just now, deep blue said:

I don't see the necessity of engaging a player of the same age that Maddison is now.

Why not find a player of similar age to that of Maddison when he joined us, and coach him to develop in a similar way?  This approach conforms to our model which has served us well so far.

Yes but we have a very busy season and matches to win. Maddison(and Tielemans ) are critical players and to win games we need players of that standard. Sadly, developing young players, who inevitably have trouble with consistency get ripped apart on here. Football fans are notoriously short-termist..I wish they would be more patient with developing players but they are not , winning is everything.

• Like 1