Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Loan to buy would be perfect. 

quite a few clubs interested in him so why wouldn't they push for an upfront fee? would be great if we could get him though

Edited by turlo

No point in paying a loan fee unless we are committed to buy at the end of the season minus the fee. They might except the transfer fee being paid in installments though. Any possible way of getting a deal is worth exploring.

40 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No point in paying a loan fee unless we are committed to buy at the end of the season minus the fee. They might except the transfer fee being paid in installments though. Any possible way of getting a deal is worth exploring.

Rubbish worked out well for Under and Tielemans . Under was shit we sacked him off . Tielemans was fantastic and gave us a foot in the door to signing him full time . I can remember loads of people saying  what’s the point signing Tielemans on loan he’ll just go and sign for someone else at the end . Worked out pretty well if you ask me . Pretty sure they both had loan fees . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Rubbish worked out well for Under and Tielemans . Under was shit we sacked him off . Tielemans was fantastic and gave us a foot in the door to signing him full time . I can remember loads of people saying  what’s the point signing Tielemans on loan he’ll just go and sign for someone else at the end . Worked out pretty well if you ask me . Pretty sure they both had loan fees . 

Option to buys are ideal if you can get them.

I'd have happily have bought Under this time last year but the "option" meant we didn't sign a sub standard player stinking out the place for a few years. If we could have got Tielemans on an "option" we could have had him for a set fee and not be threatened by someone gazumping us.

The only problem with "option to buy" is it's usually sub standard players but try before you buy is ideal.

• Like 1

Wow, I can't believe there is such a positive reaction from so many on here for Pereira.  I've just not seen what you all have.  He was the best player in a woefully poor West Brom team.  Did ok, but that was it for me.  I never seen him and thought wow, what a player, i wish we had him down here.  I bow to everyone's better judgement, but I just don't get the excitement about him.  Surely there must be better out there that we can bring in. 

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Wow, I can't believe there is such a positive reaction from so many on here for Pereira.  I've just not seen what you all have.  He was the best player in a woefully poor West Brom team.  Did ok, but that was it for me.  I never seen him and thought wow, what a player, i wish we had him down here.  I bow to everyone's better judgement, but I just don't get the excitement about him.  Surely there must be better out there that we can bring in. 

I just refer the doubtful to West Brom fans. They rate him very highly. His commitment in a struggling team was excellent. 

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

I just refer the doubtful to West Brom fans. They rate him very highly. His commitment in a struggling team was excellent. 

Not to mention that put him in a better team/squad, better coaching and facilities we may well be able to bring even more out of him.

Personally i would prefer him to Daniel James as he seems to have a bit more about him, certainly from an all round game and technical point of view.

Not sure if it is wishful thinking on most's part as there has been very little noise about him and nothing that actually seems to link us with a move for him other than general chatter and speculation on here.

Pereira has always been a weird one for me. His highlight reel and goals/assist stats prove he's a very good player with a high ceiling but in any of the few instances I've personally saw him play... He's been anonymous. Just unlucky on my part. 

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

West Brom fans will have only good things to say about him because he was their best player, but they didn`t really have anyone else in their team to hang their hat on did they.  His commitment to give 100 per cent in every game, in what realistically was a lost cause before a ball was kicked last season, was commendable, but the least that we as fans of any club would expect from our players.  I personally see a decent player, but nothing special.  I wish i could see what everyone else seems to have seen, so i could be buzzed at the prospect of him coming to us as well.   :unsure:

7 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Not to mention that put him in a better team/squad, better coaching and facilities we may well be able to bring even more out of him.

Personally i would prefer him to Daniel James as he seems to have a bit more about him, certainly from an all round game and technical point of view.

Not sure if it is wishful thinking on most's part as there has been very little noise about him and nothing that actually seems to link us with a move for him other than general chatter and speculation on here.

He might well do, or it could just be that he stood out to some degree because he was in such a poor team.

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Pereira has always been a weird one for me. His highlight reel and goals/assist stats prove he's a very good player with a high ceiling but in any of the few instances I've personally saw him play... He's been anonymous. Just unlucky on my part. 

Obviously no player can be great in every match and good defenders can neutralise almost any player sometimes. However when I have watched him I have been impressed with his tactical awareness and his powerful running. He is definitely no lightweight. I also think he wouldn't demand a starting place knowing that he has to fit in with Vardy, Iheanacho ,Barnes and Daka. The five of them would give us a varied and potent attack I would have thought.

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Option to buys are ideal if you can get them.

I'd have happily have bought Under this time last year but the "option" meant we didn't sign a sub standard player stinking out the place for a few years. If we could have got Tielemans on an "option" we could have had him for a set fee and not be threatened by someone gazumping us.

The only problem with "option to buy" is it's usually sub standard players but try before you buy is ideal.

Yeah if I remember correctly with Tielemans at the time it was reported  there  was no pre arrangement agreed  to buy it was a simple loan . Luckily it worked in our favour 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

West Brom fans will have only good things to say about him because he was their best player, but they didn`t really have anyone else in their team to hang their hat on did they.  His commitment to give 100 per cent in every game, in what realistically was a lost cause before a ball was kicked last season, was commendable, but the least that we as fans of any club would expect from our players.  I personally see a decent player, but nothing special.  I wish i could see what everyone else seems to have seen, so i could be buzzed at the prospect of him coming to us as well.   :unsure:

....your take on this is very much the opposite of my reaction to this potential "loan" arrangement!!!

His signature would put the final seal on this window for me.

He covers everything upfront, what we need in this position is being covered. If you have not gone on to YouTube then take a look.

37 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Wouldn't West Brom be loaning him out to get him off the wage bill for a season and then have him back if they get promoted? If so it seems unlikely they'd want an option to buy clause in the deal.

That could well be right. We loaned Marcus Bent from Ipswich on a similar basis. We got a very good PL striker for a year and it was never going to be more.

Wouldn’t be ideal but it may be better than nowt, as we say in this part of the world 

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....your take on this is very much the opposite of my reaction to this potential "loan" arrangement!!!

His signature would put the final seal on this window for me.

He covers everything upfront, what we need in this position is being covered. If you have not gone on to YouTube then take a look.

I don`t use YouTube for players show reels because they can be misleading, i would rather see the players during the course of a number of games.

Funnily enough, had it not been for all the games being on TV last season, i probably wouldn`t have seen much of him, apart from when he played against us, because i doubt West Brom wouldn`t have been on TV that much.

So i saw more of him than i would normally have, and i know i seem to be in the minority on here, but he just didn`t blow me away.

I thought he looked a decent player in a poor side, but he didn`t jump out at me as someone i wish we had playing for us.

At the end of the season, and with West Brom relegated, he never even entered my head as someone we would be in for, but it`s just my opinion, and of course if we did sign him, i hope he will be the dogs goolies, and i will hopefully be eating lots of humble pie. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I don`t use YouTube for players show reels because they can be misleading, i would rather see the players during the course of a number of games.

Funnily enough, had it not been for all the games being on TV last season, i probably wouldn`t have seen much of him, apart from when he played against us, because i doubt West Brom wouldn`t have been on TV that much.

So i saw more of him than i would normally have, and i know i seem to be in the minority on here, but he just didn`t blow me away.

I thought he looked a decent player in a poor side, but he didn`t jump out at me as someone i wish we had playing for us.

At the end of the season, and with West Brom relegated, he never even entered my head as someone we would be in for, but it`s just my opinion, and of course if we did sign him, i hope he will be the dogs goolies, and i will hopefully be eating lots of humble pie. 

....the ones you least expect, are the ones that you take to your heart!!!

Let's hope it happens. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Totally with you on this.

24 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

We are not signing Berardi!!

To be fair crazier things have happened... No one can say anything like that with such certainty without inside information and you can probably count on one hand the people with that information!