Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

45 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Why do I get the feeling we are going to spend all window watching other teams signing quality wingers we should be after and we end up with f***in Dan James on loan on deadline day ffs

.....you would think our transfer team are on a break and won't be back until the last week in August!!!

Why aren't we the ones pushing for this, have Villa become Leicester and now have more ambition and hutzpah than Dominic Cummings. Some of us have been crying out for this for a very long time and if Villa was to pick him up, I would not have any idea in regards to the direction we are looking to take this club.

It is rumoured that Ziyech could be available, and if in the £25-30m price range, we should be looking at that option, as he now has a season of Premiership football under his belt.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Correction- if bailey goes to villa I'll be annoyed.

I know the club has the ability to pull signings out of nowhere (like with Daka), it just gets annoying when we see Trincao go to Wolves (although Mendes has his sticky fingers all over that deal), and Villa and West Ham being linked and seemingly in talks for Bailey and Pereira (2 players that look like they would be great signings in that right wing role for us) and at most recently all we have is links to Dan James

Hopefully the club can pull something out of nowhere again

Edited by moore_94

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, moore_94 said:

I know the club has the ability to pull signings out of nowhere (like with Daka), it just gets annoying when we see Trincao go to Wolves (although Mendes has his sticky fingers all over that deal), and Villa and West Ham being linked and seemingly in talks for Bailey and Pereira and at most recently all we have is links to James

I hope so. If villa sign bailey they'll be strong. It's looking like they'll hold onto grealish too.

Just now, moore_94 said:

I know the club has the ability to pull signings out of nowhere (like with Daka), it just gets annoying when we see Trincao go to Wolves (although Mendes has his sticky fingers all over that deal), and Villa and West Ham being linked and seemingly in talks for Bailey and Pereira and at most recently all we have is links to James

In my opinion we have done very good business in this window. 2 good apparently ones and 1 soso...... A right winger and were off :)

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I hope so. If villa sign bailey they'll be strong. It's looking like they'll hold onto grealish too.

Bailey Buendia Grealish

Watkins

That 3 behind Watkins are all interchangeable as well

Spending a fair bit but they certainly are putting together a good team

I think the club are after a specific profile of winger. Almost Mahrezesque in that they can come and play inside and be a creator, which allows Pereira/Castagne to bomb on down the wing. Which is why I’m suprised we’re not after the Pereira from West Brom. 

Under wasnt that player and I think Rodgers realised that pretty quickly. I’m not sure Bailey is that profile either, he’s more pace and power.  

then again we’re supposedly after Dan James who isn’t that profile either 😂

40 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would much rather us sign a player from the BL who has shown he has the quality to be a very good winger rather than someone from the PL who has shown to be nothing more than average at most so far.

I don't think he's as average as people make out, in minutes he played the equalivent of 27 games, 6 goals, 7 assists.

So a goal every 4.5 games and an assist every 3.8 games, so a goal contribution every 2.07 games 

Barnes in minutes has played the equalivent of 56 games, 16 goals and 14 assists, 

So a goal every 3.5 games and an assist every 4 games, so a goal contribution every 1.86 games.

Not a million miles a part.

20 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is not the scenario brought up though!!!

The thought is that Lingard + £30m should be sufficient for Maddison to move the other way. Clubs can ask anything they want, that is true, but in this market place asking £90m (for a player we have been speculating on leaving) is far from a reasonable expectations.

The forum topics are hovering around £60 -£70m, the market is somewhat depressed, it is unrealistic for Maddison to be sold for £90m, in this market!!!

Then he won't be sold, will he? We don't want to sell and we're under no obligation to sell on the cheap.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Leverkusen would never let him got for £30m. I think he'd cost £40m upfront with another £10m in add ons.

....I just cannot see that as being the case this transfer window!!!

£40m would be over the top and suspect they would be hoping for £30m at best.

19/20 Season~ 7 goals 3 assists all competition

20/21 Season~ 15 goals and 11 assists all competition

A big improvement on his previous season and his value has risen to match. His value if I recall was in the £20m -30m bracket last season. 

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I just cannot see that as being the case this transfer window!!!

£40m would be over the top and suspect they would be hoping for £30m at best.

19/20 Season~ 7 goals 3 assists all competition

20/21 Season~ 15 goals and 11 assists all competition

A big improvement on his previous season and his value has risen to match. His value if I recall was in the £20m -30m bracket last season. 

They wanted £40m for him last summer, he's then had a very good season. Leverkusen don't sell players on the cheap.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Worth a shot? Too expensive? If just for one season?

It's not really our kind of signing in such a key position...

His legs have gone. Roma fans have said he had an awful season after getting injured about a month after signing.

Leon Bailey IMO is overrated. If he were that good he would have signed for one of the big boys by now. There's a reason why he's linked with Villa, Everton, etc. Villa signed Bertrand Traore who we were linked with and who has been decent for them. But he's no Harvey Barnes or Jack Grealish in terms of stats. We want a player that can do 10 goals and assists a season from right wing, but they are hard to find. Admittedly Bailey got 9 goals and 8 assists last season...

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Anyone else thinks Rogers still wants to play ricardo as a right winger and it be between him and sowah? 

I sincerely hope this is not the case. I don't think Sowah is ready at all for the RW role and Ricardo isn't good enough either. They'd be ok backup

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I sincerely hope this is not the case. I don't think Sowah is ready at all for the RW role and Ricardo isn't good enough either. They'd be ok backup

Given Ricardo isn't training outside at the moment (I've not seem him in any photos) I imagine that'll not be an option.

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Sowah is gonna be the man! 10 goals and 10 assists this season you’ll see! :ph34r:lol

If you'd asked most Leicester fans at the beginning of the summer what we need. I think a striker, right winger and center back would be high on the list. 

It makes the signing of Soumare very interesting. He looks like a great player. But we've spent a lot of money on a position we already had a fair amount of options. 

If we can't now afford a decent right winger you've got to question the sense in it. 

24 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Given Ricardo isn't training outside at the moment (I've not seem him in any photos) I imagine that'll not be an option.

I assume he's got injured again then as he has been working like mad in the off season.