Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

22 minutes ago, TommyK said:

If you'd asked most Leicester fans at the beginning of the summer what we need. I think a striker, right winger and center back would be high on the list. 

It makes the signing of Soumare very interesting. He looks like a great player. But we've spent a lot of money on a position we already had a fair amount of options. 

If we can't now afford a decent right winger you've got to question the sense in it. 

He is there to add muscle to the midfield , too often have we been bullied. KDH is strong as well so that certainly is a much-needed improvement.

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Bailey to Villa really picking up speed now. Rudders you'd best have an ace up your sleeve

Villa fans starting to wet themselves over Bailey. He's not overrated at all if you've watched him! You have to look at what we're missing and see if a certain player profile will fit. I can't take another season using Albrighton as our only option. Marc is a legend and done well even at his age but c'mon city get the right guy in. Imagine Harvey on the left with JJ behind him, Vardy up top and Bailey on the right with Ricardo behind him. Thats a shock & awe attacking formation if I ever saw one. I'd be happy if we get Bailey :trumpet:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Villa fans starting to wet themselves over Bailey. He's not overrated at all if you've watched him! You have to look at what we're missing and see if a certain player profile will fit. I can't take another season using Albrighton as our only option. Marc is a legend and done well even at his age but c'mon city get the right guy in. Imagine Harvey on the left with JJ behind him, Vardy up top and Bailey on the right with Ricardo behind him. Thats a shock & awe attacking formation if I ever saw one. I'd be happy if we get Bailey :trumpet:

Agreed, I mean this is one hell of a side, never mind the depth and the options to change it/change system:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Fofana Evans Justin

Tielemans Ndidi

Bailey Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Can’t see this happening, Got tons of CMs and RBs

Surely recycling old news. Not what we need at all.

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

....I can see us, spending a fortune trying to get Coutinho here for a season, for one season!!!

I suspect the whole transfer team are sitting there, hunched in a corner, trying to crunch numbers to justify a spend that is a gamble, as well as cocking a snook at the big boys.

4 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Can’t see this happening, Got tons of CMs and RBs

Plays in the 2 positions we don’t actually need players for, probably just thrown in as being interested off the back of the info about Arsenal wanting to use him in a swap for Madders

If we were to sell Maddison, Then I could see Youri moving forward into the 8, 10 free role behind the Strikers, This would relieve him of the defensive responsibility and giving him a more attacking role. This would certainly increase his Goal scoring opportunities and Goal tally. 

Then KDH or a new signing could come into the center of midfield between NDiddi and Soumare. Keeping the midfield strong.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

If we were to sell Maddison, Then I could see Youri moving forward into the 8, 10 free role behind the Strikers, This would relieve him of the defensive responsibility and giving him a more attacking role. This would certainly increase his Goal scoring opportunities and Goal tally. 

Then KDH or a new signing could come into the center of midfield between NDiddi and Soumare. Keeping the midfield strong.

Youri was always better when he's deeper and give the opportunity to dictate from deep and drive forward. Don't think he's agile enough for that 10. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Youri was always better when he's deeper and give the opportunity to dictate from deep and drive forward. Don't think he's agile enough for that 10. 

He such an intelligent player, Youri can play anywhere in midfield. He's been played in the defensive midfield role because of his vision. But I doubt he would lose anything by moving him forward in a free go anywhere role. He can play others in on Goal or take some opportunities himself.

I do agree he's not the quickest, but he's quicker than Maddison and stronger in the tackle if needed, as he demonstrated last season.

With the pace of Soumare, Barnes  NDiddi and Ricky or Timmy to support him out wide and behind. I think he could be a revelation in the forward position.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He such an intelligent player, Youri can play anywhere in midfield. He's been played in the defensive midfield role because of his vision. But I doubt he would lose anything by moving him forward in a free go anywhere role. He can play others in on Goal or take some opportunities himself.

I do agree he's not the quickest, but he's quicker than Maddison and stronger in the tackle if needed, as he demonstrated last season.

With the pace of Soumare, Barnes  NDiddi and Ricky or Timmy to support him out wide and behind. I think he could be a revelation in the forward position.

No chance......

I'm thinking we might be going with a 433 for next season something like

Ricardo/castagne Evans/soyuncu foffana Thomas/Justin/bertrand

Madison/ KDH ndidi/soumare tilemans

Daka/iheanacho vardy/Perez barnes

That's why we're not going for a right winger

9 minutes ago, majaco said:

I am looking forward to the end of the transfer window 

Wading through threads to see rumour, conjecture and digression is frustrating.  

That's the best thing about the window closing before the start of the season.

11 minutes ago, majaco said:

I am looking forward to the end of the transfer window 

Wading through threads to see rumour, conjecture and digression is frustrating.  

Every year it’s fun in the first week or so and then gets tiring very quickly haha. 

At least we have some sort of game on Saturday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A mate of mines mate claims to have had to pull Maitland-Niles out of his car a few weeks back on the M25. Surprised it wasn't in the news (or I missed it) but strong whiff of booze apparently. 

Defo happened. Pictures all over Twitter, booze and balloons apparently 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A mate of mines mate claims to have had to pull Maitland-Niles out of his car a few weeks back on the M25. Surprised it wasn't in the news (or I missed it) but strong whiff of booze apparently. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maitland-niles-car-crash-motorway-24433781

I definitely remember reading about it at the time

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was. I also heard there was booze involved.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maitland-niles-car-crash-motorway-24433781

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

We should be keeping an eye on Chelsea youth, quite a few are getting cold feet and turning down contracts because they think the pathway to the first team is getting smaller with how much they are looking to spend

There goes another one, Southampton also meant to be signing Livramento who is a highly rated right back from them as well

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

....Youri would be more influential in the #8 position, and with Soumare in the middle as well, it will free him up more!!!

He does not need to be playing behind a striker in the #10 role he will now have a greater freedom now Soumare is here..

• Like 1