Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’ve had a feeling that we will be signing someone out of the blue, and I think this might be the one…. One that we haven’t been heavily linked to, an ‘oh ****, we’re massive’ moment. I can feel it when I piss, something is brewing nicely in Brendans pot. 

There's not a huge pool of left footed wingers for that to happen though. Neres is the one if we miss out on Bailey (seemingly so)

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Think Rodgers would do wonders for him. Got a lot of the right qualities just needs someone to help him make better decisions with his end product. 

Terrifyingly quick which is always nice. 

....we are going on a wish and a prayer.....again...!!!

He is comfortable on the left, why are we taking a gamble with a half baked idea and a price which would be £25m. Makes you wonder if we actually do look at potential players or is this once again an afterthought.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm not entirely against Dan James. IIRC, he had a good start of the season last year and his performances only seemed to dip as he got fewer minutes. 

However, I do think @GingerrrFox makes a fair comment about him being a square peg in a round hole out right... Makes it a tad riskier than I would like but I trust BR to know how to get the best out him on that side. 

...wasn't Rodgers last choice for that position Perez...!!!

We are still looking for ways to properly integrate him into the team, where we can see discernible results.

• Like 1

A good list @Ric Flair but how much better is Adli than Sowah? Left footer with similar goal contributions in Ligue 2 to Sowah's in the Belgian top flight?

If we can't afford/attract the top bracket of Bailey etc. then we are going to have to look for someone with the raw attributes and potential to explode i.e. Barnes 19-20, although even then he managed 6g8a that season.

Reading a bit more I like Chukwueze, but probably still unaffordable if Bailey is too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

KDH is going to get action this season. Super impressive in training so far and looks set to be pushing for a starting place from the off. Massive pre-season for him. 

This is really exciting news, and also for me the best thing about the club. Sure we all get excited about who we are going to sign, but developing young players and making them better is really where we want to be. One of our best attacking players is Harvey Barnes, a player developed in our own academy. If only we had the right sided version, then instead of worrying about who to sign, we would just give that player a chance instead.

I know we have Sowah, but most likely he goes on loan again. Though perhaps he will get a chance or two during pre-season also. But I noticed that KDH has been used a lot on LCFC TV for interviews and Sowah hasn't, suggesting to me that KDH is being primed for the first team, whereas Sowah is not.

Usually the first game is about fitness, but I hope we see some semblance of who we are going to play this season too. I think KDH starts Saturday, and am looking forward to seeing what he can do. His attitude thus far both at Luton and Leicester has been first class, and that for me is the real "Leicester way."

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...wasn't Rodgers last choice for that position Perez...!!!

We are still looking for ways to properly integrate him into the team, where we can see discernible results.

Fair point. 

25 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

A good list @Ric Flair but how much better is Adli than Sowah? Left footer with similar goal contributions in Ligue 2 to Sowah's in the Belgian top flight?

If we can't afford/attract the top bracket of Bailey etc. then we are going to have to look for someone with the raw attributes and potential to explode i.e. Barnes 19-20, although even then he managed 6g8a that season.

Reading a bit more I like Chukwueze, but probably still unaffordable if Bailey is too.

Sowah’s highlight reel literally has one clip of him passing to the opposition. Not sure it does him any favours :doh:

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

KDH is going to get action this season. Super impressive in training so far and looks set to be pushing for a starting place from the off. Massive pre-season for him. 

He’s a baller him. I fancy him to take the premier league by storm this season if he gets his chance

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Bet youre glad they didn’t flog him like you wanted last summer :thumbup: 

edit this may have been @Finnegan   There are too many Finns on here lol

Edited by Lambert09

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Based on us liking to exploit players with only a year left on their contracts, here are a list of right wingers/attacking midfielders who are left footed.

David Brooks

Mohamed Ihatteran 

Abdulkadir Omur

Amine Adli *** (think this is our target)

Matteo Pessina

Federico Bernadeschi

Kang-In Lee

Adnan Januzaj (bleeeuuurrgggh)

Luiz Araújo

Adam Ounas

Fabio Vieira

Michael Gregoritsch 

Angel Di Maria

Not that much to pick through there that I'd want, Adli I think is the one we will be in for. Pessina looked good in the Euros but is more of a ACM, Kang-In Lee still massively raw.

It's possibly worth looking at players with only 2 years left whom clubs will be conscious of moving on if a good bid comes in rather than risk losing significant money if they refuse a new deal. Here are some that fall in to that category.

Leon Bailey 

Jonathan Ikone

David Neres

Viktor Tsygankov

Tete

Samuel Chukwueze

Thomas Lemar

Charles De Ketelaere

Maxwell Cornet

Luca Orellano

Nathaneal Mbuku

Gonzalo Plata

With that level of detail and info I swear you must be one of Rudders's subordinates at Seagreave.. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

So you think we pay Evans peanuts?

We pay him a lot less than Henderson would  want! 

and the point is we only bought him for peanuts …… if you could buy hendo for £3.5m then I wouldn’t be averse to having him here on £100k/week for three years!  

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We pay him a lot less than Henderson would  want! 

and the point is we only bought him for peanuts …… if you could buy hendo for £3.5m then I wouldn’t be averse to having him here on £100k/week for three years!  

That's the only way he would come here maybe in 18 months time, personally see him moving aboard.

We are only linked with him and Coutinho becasue of BR so it's very unlikely.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

What’s this? 

83034C55-D609-478B-9F7A-095CCA026D40.jpeg

If that were to happen somehow, that would be be Mendy and Praet gone for funds. Soumare Ndidi Youri and Henderson as midfield options in a 2 or 3 would be pretty special.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick said:

If that were to happen somehow, that would be be Mendy and Praet gone for funds. Soumare Ndidi Youri and Henderson as midfield options in a 2 or 3 would be pretty special.

I can't see the letting him go, they can't lose him and Wijnaldum in one summer surely

Will be an interesting summer at Liverpool. Salah, Mane and Firmino all about the same age and deals coming for renewal soon, they can’t realistically give all 3 long term contracts for the rest of their careers, they have quite a few first team players with similar ages and contract situations. It’s going to be a problem for them. I can see them selling one of the front 3 and signing a younger model this summer.  

I wouldn't be against Henderson for the right price if his wages weren't astronomical but he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter, so not sure he'd come here without them assurances. He may as well sit on Liverpools bench rather than  ours. His experience and leadership skills would be class for us but it ain't happening