Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Most end up with an ego and we get the usual “oh well if you don’t believe me I won’t post”, “it’s just what I’ve been told” etc etc.

I don't agree that that is 'ego'. If there isn't interest or an audience for it then I don't believe people will go out of their way and post.

Anyone who uses any info they have to stoke their own ego or who makes stuff up for the same purpose is clearly a very special sort of person and if that ego-massaging is all they have in their lives, then I wish them all the best, but I think your perspective on this is completely wrong.

Anyway, I don't know why I've got drawn in because I don't care really; just don't like to see the nasty edge that some posters have when other people are sharing what they know. We all know what this place is like. I've been abused and threatened because I don't think Nigel Pearson is the world's greatest manager and again for sharing some 100% correct info on the Covid Party and then again on JM10; so to be honest I can see why people wouldn't share. I'm thick skinned and can give as good as I get; but you lot hardly help yourselves!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

This ITK discussion happens every single window without fail, so boring lol

No new links for few days -> People get desperate for news -> "ITK" provides veiled crumb of information -> "ITK" gets called out -> posts defending ITK 

Rise and repeat 5x per window. 

It's always a sign that our business is coming to an end! :cry:

Just now, STUHILL said:

Nigel Pearson is the world's greatest manager and WILL prove it at Bristol with Kingy and co! 

DapperClassicAzurevase-max-1mb.gif

You must get tired of copy/pasting in different clubs just to see him fail and then have to wait 6 months to pull this out again.

If he succeeds at Bristol City, he's still had a very very mixed career.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree because in an argument where one party is able to be objective and one is blinded by subjectivity; I know which party is likely to get angry and start the abuse and for some reason even when I'm receiving the abuse, I get banned... so please just leave it there and I'll see you in 6 months to have this chat again about his new project (I'm calling Carlisle now).

• Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

You must get tired of copy/pasting in different clubs just to see him fail and then have to wait 6 months to pull this out again.

If he succeeds at Bristol City, he's still had a very very mixed career.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree because in an argument where one party is able to be objective and one is blinded by subjectivity; I know which party is likely to get angry and start the abuse and for some reason even when I'm receiving the abuse, I get banned... so please just leave it there and I'll see you in 6 months to have this chat again about his new project (I'm calling Carlisle now).

Think you missed my over the top sarcasm there lol I'm with you. I'll use a more dramatic gif next time 

Remember when I think Linekers Apples? Said there was a big storm coming transfer window leading up to 19/20, for days on end, and absolutely nothing happened, poor lad got lambasted so much he left the forum lol

Edited by HEGGSY
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I think the reason people get annoyed is because 'ITK' people tend to post ridiculously vague riddles rather than just getting to the point.

If you want to share information then great, go ahead, I'm all for it but just find it annoying and attention seeking when people come out with vague posts that could mean anything. :dunno:

I agree they shouldn't be abused regardless but don't see the problem with people questioning them or their track record.

Maybe its being cryptic so not to expose themselves, and therefore cut off their future ITK-ing-ness (Yes its a real word)

• Like 1

There are many reasons why those who may be ITK will or will not post stuff. some stuff is bound to be general hearsay around the club or amongst Journos and may not be accurate, and i think it is generally this sort of stuff that gets posted.

The really detailed (and therefore more interesting) stuff, on the other hand whilst more likely to be accurate, is probably harder to actually post as it could put deals, and/or peoples jobs at risk.

I had a mate a few years back who worked at the club, his matchday duties putting him in close contact with players and officials (from both teams). He often would overhear conversations that were he to reveal would have been dynamite, but as in any walk of life, stuff that you are privy to in the course of your job are confidential and as a loyal employee you do not share outside of that environment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe its being cryptic so not to expose themselves, and therefore cut off their future ITK-ing-ness (Yes its a real word)

Definitely. People can lose their jobs over such leaks. 

On the flip side, it is also used so an ITK can be as broad as possible and then be credited with us signing 1 of the 10 players we were already linked to lol

It's all fun an games anyway. Like many have said, it would feel a little less like Transfer Talk without genuine and not so genuine ITK's 

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

What's gone on? Why are we all whinging? Can someone tl;dr for me.

themightyfin posts.

his past accuracy questioned

banter follows with 1-2 below the belt comments about ITKs

Battle line drawn.

Run AKCJ!! 

• Haha 1

I would rather read ITK stuff than some of the tabloid muck.  The Daily Excrete this morning had an article over Maddison to Arsenal including the following ‘Arsenal are ‘reportedly’ still interested and Maddison is ‘reportedly’ warming to the idea of a move blah blah.  

• Like 1