Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Yeah, he’ll go for that you’d think, Villa can do a lot with that kind of money. 

Don't go look on Villa Talk  :giggle:

They seriously think they can buy the players they have, get Leon Bailey and still keep Grealish

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don't go look on Villa Talk  :giggle:

They seriously think they can buy the players they have, get Leon Bailey and still keep Grealish

Clutching at straws.  You can;t blame them, he has pretty much single handedly given them hope for the past 3 seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Although I must confess that a (very small) part of me hope they turn it down and he stays. Middle finger up to the nothing but money clubs

Yes, yes, I know all clubs in the PL are money clubs

If Grealish goes I can see them struggle this year almost like Sheffield United. He's much more than their talisman and is like glue behind the scenes at that club. I'll be glad if he does go...with two fingers from us of course..  

14 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Not related to Leicester, but: 

Grealish is an amazing footballer, I'm a massive fan.

Can't turn down that money.

For example, as much as I love Tielemans, if someone offers you 75 million you have to seriously consider it.

We buy, we improve, we sell, we rebuild, we go again etc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A lot of the media who are relatively trustworthy have all repeatedly said we are after a winger and Rodgers said at the end of the season he needed to address the balance in midfield to bring more attack to it as well as " attackers " which suggested more than just a striker. Ünder has gone back, Gray was sold last season. Its not fallacy to think we'll try and improve the glaring weakness in our team.

It's still based on inference and assumption, not hard evidence.  Is it "logical" that we'd sign a RW?  Sure.  But where the concrete links provided by reputable sources like Fab?  I'll I've seen are a bunch of names mentioned because they seem like the sort of guys we should be in on.  With Daka and Soumare and Bertrand there were solid and reputable links to those players.

I'm not saying we won't sign a RW, or that it wouldn't be a huge mistake if we didn't.  What I'm saying is that the assumption we will is based entirely on faith.

17 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:
It's still based on inference and assumption, not hard evidence.  Is it "logical" that we'd sign a RW?  Sure.  But where the concrete links provided by reputable sources like Fab?  I'll I've seen are a bunch of names mentioned because they seem like the sort of guys we should be in on.  With Daka and Soumare and Bertrand there were solid and reputable links to those players.

I'm not saying we won't sign a RW, or that it wouldn't be a huge mistake if we didn't.  What I'm saying is that the assumption we will is based entirely on faith.

In which case what would constitute hard evidence in regard to this? An MTV style cribs episode with Rodgers, Congerton and Rudkin where they show us around the recruitment suite and we get to see all the footage of the wingers we've been scouting and then Rudkin shows us the communication with other clubs who we've been in transfer talks with? 

Romano has said we are after a winger. Jordan Blackwell, Jason Bourne and Rob Tanner have said we're after a winger. Alan Nixon has said we are after a winger. Brendan Rodgers said at the end of the season he would be after attackers (plural) and thst the midfield was currently too defensive in numbers. We've so far signed a defensive type midfielder, a striker and a left back.

I think based on those things it's fair to assume to still want to resolve our only real remaining weakness in the team. You obviously need more assurance but I don't think you'll get it pal 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

Man City with Kane and Grealish almost calls for anticompetitive measures. kinda ****ed

You would think that, however they can only play 11 players. 

Is Grealish better than the other attacking options they have? I’d argue potentially not. Where does Sterling, KDB, Silva, Mahrez etc all fit in? 

Does Kane help them. Yes. However they’d need to adjust again to suit his style. 

Football is a funny old game. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Sly said:

Is Grealish better than the other attacking options they have? I’d argue potentially not. Where does Sterling, KDB, Silva, Mahrez etc all fit in? 

Does Kane help them. Yes. However they’d need to adjust again to suit his style. 

Kane would be a better signing for them than Grealish. 

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Bernardo Silva is apparently on his way out of Man City

Probably be a midfield 3 of Rodri behind Foden/Grealish and De Bruyne

Sterling Left Wing, Foden Right Wing / Grealish Left Wing, Sterling Right Wing - Jesus or whoever they get as striker, or that false 9 formation they use with Foden/Sterling playing through the middle with the others either side

Plenty of ways they can make it work, Mahrez the likeliest one to be pushed out the side if it happens

38 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

Man City with Kane and Grealish almost calls for anticompetitive measures. kinda ****ed

...they continue to gild the lily...!!!

Would be good to see Pep go to Arsenal with a £100m budget, if the money is not there then we will see if he can compete.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...they continue to gild the lily...!!!

Would be good to see Pep go to Arsenal with a £100m budget, if the money is not there then we will see if he can compete.

Well it would even be interesting to see if he could’ve been as successful as Rodgers here.

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Bernardo Silva is apparently on his way out of Man City

Probably be a midfield 3 of Rodri behind Foden/Grealish and De Bruyne

Sterling Left Wing, Foden Right Wing / Grealish Left Wing, Sterling Right Wing - Jesus or whoever they get as striker, or that false 9 formation they use with Foden/Sterling playing through the middle with the others either side

Plenty of ways they can make it work, Mahrez the likeliest one to be pushed out the side if it happens

I suppose you’d argue are they stronger for signing him. Maybe we can have Mahrez back. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

If grealish does go to man City it'll be a tricky window for them. Having 100m to spend will go far in this market but clubs will know they're coming.

We're so fortunate with the planning at our club. If anyone left I'd be pretty relaxed we'd sort it before they left. For villa they're left with an enormous hole in their team.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Sly said:

I suppose you’d argue are they stronger for signing him. Maybe we can have Mahrez back. 

Get him back on loan.

4 minutes ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Wouldn't have thought so, widely regarded as their most important attacking player last season.

Still had less goal contributions than Sterling and Foden, I can see him more likely to be dropped than the other 2

If they don't sign a striker this summer they will probably go with the false 9 they use and have a front 3 of Sterling, Foden and Mahrez anyway with all 3 interchanging, De Bruyne and Grealish behind and Cancelo and Walker overlapping down the wings, they are going to batter some teams

17 minutes ago, teblin said:

Well it would even be interesting to see if he could’ve been as successful as Rodgers here.

....yeah it would be, but always seems to insists on a big war chest in order to take up an appointment!!!

Having watched the Netflix Documentary, he does comes across as repetitive and annoying. His man management skills appear to be along the lines of Rodgers.