Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Whilst our early season activity has been extremely strong, and our search for a RW continues, I can’t help but think that the upcoming season is going to be tougher than ever to compete at the top.

Reason being I can’t help but be impressed with those around us and their transfer dealings. Take Utd as an example. A reported £41m figure for a player of Varane’s quality (irrelevant of wages) is unbelievable business. They were soft at the back last season but Maguire, Varane, Shaw and to a less extent Wan-Bissaka and Hendersons emergence and improvement is an impressive back line. Adding Sancho into the mix, for me they’re assembling an impressive team. 

I’m a huge Grealish fan. If he joins City, he will add another layer of quality to an unbelievable team. The positive is that it really weakens a team in Villa that have bought well in the last couple of seasons. You just have to look at the stats with and without Grealish in the Villa team to understand his impact.

Chelsea linked with Kounde which will make them even stronger at the back. And they’re only a striker away from being a huge title threat.

I wouldn’t change our approach. After all our progress in the last 3 or so seasons has been sensational. This season is going to be incredibly exciting. Equally, incredibly tough. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Whilst our early season activity has been extremely strong, and our search for a RW continues, I can’t help but think that the upcoming season is going to be tougher than ever to compete at the top.

Reason being I can’t help but be impressed with those around us and their transfer dealings. Take Utd as an example. A reported £41m figure for a player of Varane’s quality (irrelevant of wages) is unbelievable business. They were soft at the back last season but Maguire, Varane, Shaw and to a less extent Wan-Bissaka and Hendersons emergence and improvement is an impressive back line. Adding Sancho into the mix, for me they’re assembling an impressive team. 

I’m a huge Grealish fan. If he joins City, he will add another layer of quality to an unbelievable team. The positive is that it really weakens a team in Villa that have bought well in the last couple of seasons. You just have to look at the stats with and without Grealish in the Villa team to understand his impact.

Chelsea linked with Kounde which will make them even stronger at the back. And they’re only a striker away from being a huge title threat.

I wouldn’t change our approach. After all our progress in the last 3 or so seasons has been sensational. This season is going to be incredibly exciting. Equally, incredibly tough. 

Liverpool are the team for us to catch IMO. It’s doable, but it will be very tough. They are at a bit of a crossroads with all of the front 3 ageing and up for contract renewal at the same time... they won’t offer long term deals to all of them, at least one will be unsettled and may even be leaving. Then there are like likes of Hendo potentially out the door... could be a season of transition for them. They still have lots of world class players though, will be very tough for us to get top 4.

But we’ve done things which are much less likely in recent years. IMO we should go all in on the Europa league. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

I agree that Man Utd and Man City look stronger, but I'm not that concerned, as I think we also look quite a bit stronger, ourselves. Whether we manage to get that elusive RW or not, I think we've added some serious depth to the squad, and shouldn't be so badly affected by injuries, even if our luck with them doesn't improve, which I think is probably very unlikely (touch wood).

As @FoxesWalk says, I think Liverpool could be disappointing this season. It seems to me like the end of a cycle for their squad.

I think our aim should be top 4 this season, and I don't think we've been better prepared (at least on on paper) for it yet. We've come so close two years running now, and with more strength in depth and a young squad all one year older and more experienced, I think this could potentially be another great campaign. I just can't wait for it to start!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Villa bidding 25m for JWP  lol

Saints rightly told them to feck off

Getting a bit big for their boots Villa. First ESR and now JWP. They seem to want all the players who can be shortened to 3 letters. Cheeky bid for KDB next. They can stay away from our KDH as well. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

All good points. Man C will always be strong with Pep and Chelsea will be strong with Tuchel. I still think Ole isn't good enough to get United back to winning titles but they will most likely be top 4. I think Liverpool might struggle next season and Spurs and Arsenal are both shite so I think we can still mount a top 4 challenge but most probably end up 5th on the final day. 

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

All good points. Man C will always be strong with Pep and Chelsea will be strong with Tuchel. I still think Ole isn't good enough to get United back to winning titles but they will most likely be top 4. I think Liverpool might struggle next season and Spurs and Arsenal are both shite so I think we can still mount a top 4 challenge but most probably end up 5th on the final day. 

Agree with all this. Will be Man City vs Chelsea for the title and Man U a comfortable 3rd with Liverpool and hopefully us fighting it out for 4th spot again, but 5th more likely for us again. Spurs and Arsenal will be hovering around 6-9th and then there is always 1 surprise team who has a strong season. Could be Villa or perhaps Leeds. They may push us for 5th but I think if our new signings settle and we keep most key players fit, then we should be too strong for them.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Getting a bit big for their boots Villa. First ESR and now JWP. They seem to want all the players who can be shortened to 3 letters. Cheeky bid for KDB next. They can stay away from our KDH as well. 

What is GTF up too these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's always worth bearing in mind some big money signings don't set the league alight as expected. Werner is a great example of that last year. 

I like Sancho, think he's a great player but will not be surprised if he struggles next year under the weight of expectation in a quicker and stronger league. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agree with all this. Will be Man City vs Chelsea for the title and Man U a comfortable 3rd with Liverpool and hopefully us fighting it out for 4th spot again, but 5th more likely for us again. Spurs and Arsenal will be hovering around 6-9th and then there is always 1 surprise team who has a strong season. Could be Villa or perhaps Leeds. They may push us for 5th but I think if our new signings settle and we keep most key players fit, then we should be too strong for them.  

Agree with this too. I'm surprised Liverpool won't be making any signings this year and even though they strengthened in defence last season, I would've thought they'd have signed decent squad players as Kabak shown us. Liverpool have arguably the 2nd best team by 1st 11, but looking at their bench last year, it doesn't set the world alight so I'd be hopeful as a city fan of hoping they get a few injurys around Xmas time and it does them a bit of damage.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Agree with this too. I'm surprised Liverpool won't be making any signings this year and even though they strengthened in defence last season, I would've thought they'd have signed decent squad players as Kabak shown us. Liverpool have arguably the 2nd best team by 1st 11, but looking at their bench last year, it doesn't set the world alight so I'd be hopeful as a city fan of hoping they get a few injurys around Xmas time and it does them a bit of damage.

Haven’t Liverpool signed Kounate? The CB from Salzburg?

Edited by JJS84

2 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

So 4th place is between us and Liverpool then? I'm ok with that for next season! :)

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

So 4th place is between us and Liverpool then? I'm ok with that for next season! :)

I think some may say that Liverpool will be much stronger and I definitely think they'll improve, but we will too, especially if we don't have the injury crisis again. 

I also think their front 3 will struggle again (just a hunch) and so if Daka/Soumare/New winger settle in well, game on pushing them for 4th! 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

5th is the absolute best we will get this season. (Which is still great) 

34 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think some may say that Liverpool will be much stronger and I definitely think they'll improve, but we will too, especially if we don't have the injury crisis again. 

I also think their front 3 will struggle again (just a hunch) and so if Daka/Soumare/New winger settle in well, game on pushing them for 4th! 

...we will be first class at the start of the season!!!

No pressure and a new start, we are best in these situations, it is when the pressure is on that we crumble. We just need to amass the points as early as possible or Rodgers finds a way to calm them down nearer the back end of the season. 

• Like 1

Most predictions on here suggest next season will be like last but it won’t be. It will be different but we simply don’t really know to what extent. 

All we can say with any degree of confidence is that it is likely the richest clubs will do best overall, but we are really well run, fairly well off and well managed so there is a chance we can continue to improve.

Beyond that it’s all wild speculation.

7 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Most predictions on here suggest next season will be like last but it won’t be. It will be different but we simply don’t really know to what extent. 

All we can say with any degree of confidence is that it is likely the richest clubs will do best overall, but we are really well run, fairly well off and well managed so there is a chance we can continue to improve.

Beyond that it’s all wild speculation.

We broke into to the top six.

The top four are formidable.

Its not twitter and its not a rumour but I didn't want to post in 3 different posts. Regarding Mendy, Hamza and Praet, here is my take.

Hamza gives us the homegrown quota but little else as I don't think he is/ever will be good enough for a team aiming for the top 6 of the prem, even as a squad player. 

Mendy is a decent player but lacks physicality and with us signing Soumare and having Ndidi, I don't see a place in the squad for him.

Praet I feel is a good player and was unfortunate to get injured when he was starting to hit some form. He can play a few different roles and feel he could be a really good player to have in the squad, especially with the amount of games we will play if we want to take the cup games seriously. 

For me, sell Hamza and Mendy if we can get a buyer and have midfield options of Ndidi, Soumare, KDH, Tielemans, Maddison and Praet. 

• Like 3