Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

25 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Its not twitter and its not a rumour but I didn't want to post in 3 different posts. Regarding Mendy, Hamza and Praet, here is my take.

Hamza gives us the homegrown quota but little else as I don't think he is/ever will be good enough for a team aiming for the top 6 of the prem, even as a squad player. 

Mendy is a decent player but lacks physicality and with us signing Soumare and having Ndidi, I don't see a place in the squad for him.

Praet I feel is a good player and was unfortunate to get injured when he was starting to hit some form. He can play a few different roles and feel he could be a really good player to have in the squad, especially with the amount of games we will play if we want to take the cup games seriously. 

For me, sell Hamza and Mendy if we can get a buyer and have midfield options of Ndidi, Soumare, KDH, Tielemans, Maddison and Praet. 

I doubt we'll sell Mendy.

While others could do a job in the DMC role I think Mendy is our only natural back up for Ndidi. 

Choudhury seems to be keen on moving on and is someone we have alternatives to.

Praet (while I'm a big fan and hope he stays) might be the other to make way - still leaving us a fair number of midfield options. If its necessary to fund the RW we need then so be it. But I think a lot will depend on how Rodgers sees KDH, and whether he'll be entrusted to play when needed.

5 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I doubt we'll sell Mendy.

While others could do a job in the DMC role I think Mendy is our only natural back up for Ndidi. 

Choudhury seems to be keen on moving on and is someone we have alternatives to.

Praet (while I'm a big fan and hope he stays) might be the other to make way - still leaving us a fair number of midfield options. If its necessary to fund the RW we need then so be it. But I think a lot will depend on how Rodgers sees KDH, and whether he'll be entrusted to play when needed.

Possibly but could Soumare not play Ndidi's role if needed? Mendy is far too lightweight and gets bullied/targeted whenever he plays. I haven't watched too much of soumare to be fair so not sure if he could play Ndidi's role 

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Possibly but could Soumare not play Ndidi's role if needed? Mendy is far too lightweight and gets bullied/targeted whenever he plays. I haven't watched too much of soumare to be fair so not sure if he could play Ndidi's role 

Soumare is more box to box than he is defensive mid, he isn’t a particularly defensive player and wouldn’t be a good stand in for the way Ndidi plays

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we will be first class at the start of the season!!!

No pressure and a new start, we are best in these situations, it is when the pressure is on that we crumble. We just need to amass the points as early as possible or Rodgers finds a way to calm them down nearer the back end of the season. 

I think a lot depends on our approach to matches. If like the last couple of seasons, we start with a fast free flowing brand of football that our players are suited to then absolutely yes. However, if we continue in the mould of setting up with the mere intention of not losing, then it could be a long season. 

• Like 1

Mahrez didn’t cover himself in glory when he left us but if there is even a whiff of him being made available by Man City and that he would consider coming home , I would have him back in a heartbeat, he is the most skilful player I have ever seen wear our shirt and he has that X factor. If we could bring him back for 3-4 seasons it would be a game changer for us 

• Haha 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
13 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

I’m a huge Grealish fan. If he joins City, he will add another layer of quality to an unbelievable team.

Agreed. But I’m afraid there’s no chance of him coming here.

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Mahrez didn’t cover himself in glory when he left us but if there is even a whiff of him being made available by Man City and that he would consider coming home , I would have him back in a heartbeat, he is the most skilful player I have ever seen wear our shirt and he has that X factor. If we could bring him back for 3-4 seasons it would be a game changer for us 

The idea that he would be "coming home" demerits the idea of Leicester as a club which players enjoy belonging to.

Mahrez completely lost the affection of a large number of City fans by indulging himself in a feud with the club.

His ego needs constant reinforcement and I've a feeling that, wherever he goes, the only contribution he makes to his club is in flashes of brilliance on the field. Being part of a team is much, much more than being a great technician.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Yeh probably right and we can hopefully try win the Europa League and get in to the Champs League that way. 

If we finish 5th and win the Europa League that would mean 4th place missing out on the Champions League wouldn't it? That would be so funny!:D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

If we finish 5th and win the Europa League that would mean 4th place missing out on the Champions League wouldn't it? That would be so funny!:D

No, 4th still qualifies. That would only happen if an English team won the EL and CL and both these teams finished outside of the top 4.

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Imagine if we finish 5th but win the Europa and the team in 4th doesn't get CL as result!

Who would you want that team to be if you could pick?

Spurs. No question. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

Imagine if we finish 5th but win the Europa and the team in 4th doesn't get CL as result!

Who would you want that team to be if you could pick?

Livmansenalsea Unitity probably 

1 hour ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Sorry, senior moment. :blush:

No need to apologise. You're certainly not the only one who didn't know. At times last season, though, it seemed like every other post was someone asking about that or getting it wrong. We should probably have an explanation pinned to the top of every page.

In case anyone doesn't know, if an English champion of the CL or EL finishes outside the top 4 of the PL, they qualify for the CL and England has 5 clubs in the CL (PL top 4 + the winner of CL or EL). However, if both the CL and the EL are won by English clubs both finishing outside the top 4, then 4th place in the PL is not good enough to qualify for the CL. The 5 clubs qualifying would be the top 3 of the PL + CL winner + EL winner.

4 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

No, 4th still qualifies. That would only happen if an English team won the EL and CL and both these teams finished outside of the top 4.

I genuinely think this is the cruelest rule. Shouldn’t be able to move the goal posts like that. At least let the team in 4th fight it out in qualification rounds. 

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I genuinely think this is the cruelest rule. Shouldn’t be able to move the goal posts like that. At least let the team in 4th fight it out in qualification rounds. 

Think this has been the rule for a few seasons. I think, but may be wrong that this happened to Spurs a few seasons ago. They finished 4th, but missed out on Champions League because of the rule above.