Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Champions of England 5 years on.

I was living in Vietnam at the time. Watched every game even when the kick off time was 2am. Work was brutal! Managed to see two games at the KP over Crimbo, Bournemouth and Man City, both 0-0! For the final weekend of the season I was in Melbourne on a training course, managed to meet up with a bunch Leicester folk for the Man U game. Then at 5am, getting up to go to the airport, Chelsea v Tottenham on my phone, speaking to my son in England, jumping round my hotel room, screaming, followed by tears at Melbourne airport. Amazing!

19 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

That Everton game still gives me goosebumps 

Felt like the whole football world (spurs apart) were watching and celebrating our achievement 

The only match I missed. Gave my ST to my 88 year old mum who used to work at Filbert Street on match days back in the 80’s. Got to the  Clarendon when it opened, rearranged the furniture in front of the TV and spent the next eight hours there with half dozen mates. 

I was just elated that we had kept our nerve and won the thing. It was the first match without stress all season and I had had three lot of bad chest pains during matches that year, most notably at Spurs away. It was nice to chill out and enjoy the game. 

At the Chelsea away game earlier, could only get four tickets, needed five. A Chelsea ST holder living off Narborough Road😳 advertised his ticket for sale. I bought it and sat in the Matthew Harding stand, whilst my four sons were going crazy all match in the away end. Great days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sdb said:

Utd away 5 years ago today. Probably the longest 90 mins of my life.

Being one of the fortunate ones who travels every game home and away I did not enjoy a game after Palace away when we stayed behind for what seemed like hours but was 25 minutes or so, too nervous and just hoping for a few goals and a clean sheet every game.

Then that Sunday, nerves kicking in big time, no breakfast, hardly drink a cup of tea either, went past the KP enroute to Old Trafford and it was buzzing with fans, tv cameras at about 8am, Savage there with probably BT in a cream suit in front of camera, all the way to Manchester honking the horn, great replies until you get near Old Trafford and the Cornwall United fans returned hand gestures. :)

Game was torture for me just hoping for a miracle, when Wes scored pockets of fans appeared all over the ground, we were going crazy in front of those boxes in the away end, final whistle and another point, another game ticked off, outside was carnival time even United fans didn’t seem to mind and some congratulated us and wished us luck for the title. That reminded me of coming out of the Etihad in February when Man City fans were shaking our hands right back to the train station.

Never eat a thing all day from what I recall but relieved we had got something from a very tough ground to go to, then Monday night was another story. ;)

Edited by promised land
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

We won the league because of a number of factors. Mainly lead by the players and manager.

The comment wasn't intended to discredit any other factor, or the 'main' factor.

He claimed to do what it takes to make us a top 5 club, and he has put the foundations in place to bring that to us.

That amazing season, though, probably knocked 10 years off what should have been the realistic progression. 

Edited by wardyfox86

I don't think I actually slept between mid-March and May 2nd really expecting to look back in years to come as the season that we nearly won the league. We can hopefully enjoy the next one! 

Happy Immortals Day everyone. :vardy:

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 14:30, Spudulike said:

Has it sunk in yet? I'm still not sure that it ever will or if it even happened. 

After reading @SydenhamFox's post about not placing a £5 bet it made me think about regrets from that glorious season.

I was lucky enough to get to 17 of the 19 home matches and really should be grateful to have been there in person to witness it unfolding However, the two matches I missed really bug me. The first was the Villa match as I decided to watch it on telly with my Dad (now sadly passed on) and hand my ticket onto my daughter. The second was the Liverpool match due to my son being away and me not wanting to do a 5 hour plus drive on my own on a cold Monday night. The Vardy goal still makes me annoyed every time I see it. Weird emotion but I selfishly wanted him to have scored that goal in one of the other matches when I was present. 

Other than that I'm still waiting for that coffee table book telling the story of the greatest football underdog story ever. 

I know what you mean about little regrets. The only home game I missed, that season was Watford so I missed Kante's absolute screamer but considering our away record, that season, the only away game I got to was Hull away, in the cup :dry:

It was the season I watched EVERY home and away game ....... on the TV that is... but not a bad effort as i was back in Oz. The 4.30am weekday games were a killer especially with work the same day. Still it didn't stop me enjoying my 1/2 hour morning walk to work afterwards with my Leicester shirt on. 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 19:47, casablancas said:

It was my dads last season with us had been a season ticket holder for a while . I wake up everyday missing him but I know he got to see us lift that trophy and that memory stayed with him . He died knowing we had been crowned EPL champions and I will always be grateful to the club for that. What a season and what a story the club gave us. 

Sadly my Dad who had supported City since before the war left us before the miracle, he used to say, every year "Never mind Son, there`s  always next year" but he meant the Cup, knowing the league was impossible AND would always be so.

I like to think he will be with me on Cup Final day and make it happen but then again the bugger never told me the 5,000/1 was about to happen and he must have known!!

On 30/04/2021 at 14:40, Nalis said:

There must be some who had a season ticket for years up to 2014/2015 but didnt renew in 2015/16 for whatever reason, thats life I guess.

Sadly at the end of the 14/15 season I had to choose between taking a job that involved working Saturdays or starving to death. All I saw of this season was West Ham away, Villa at home, Spurs away FA Cup and league.

17 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Sadly at the end of the 14/15 season I had to choose between taking a job that involved working Saturdays or starving to death. All I saw of this season was West Ham away, Villa at home, Spurs away FA Cup and league.

Plastic.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/04/2021 at 18:30, Koke said:

I moved abroad in May 2015. Just my kick. After watching years of dross I miss the bulk of greatest season of all. 

Not quite the same but I decided to join the army before I was too old. The whole process took over a year. Then I got given my start date of April 2016.... I missed all the celebrations as I was stuck at Pirbright not able to leave. Even got accused of being a plastic fan when watching the Everton game :scarf:

Wanted to see the West Ham match.  Couldn't get a ticket, so watched it at the Soar Point instead.

Over dinner, my season ticket holder Uncle said he couldn't make the Everton match,  would I like to go.  It took a while to register what that match actually was 😃😁😆

FOXES FOR EVER