Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

57 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s gonna play up top with Kel next season in the 3-4-1-2. He likes to drift wide left when playing upfront and Kel prefers the right hand side. 

Where's Barnes going to play and/or the other winger we sign? 

We are in a real dilemma on where we go with the development of our squad.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Having previously been skeptical of signing a player from the land of jock, this alone has changed my mind. I want a piece.

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Thinking we could pull this off is the most optimistic post on this forum in days lol 

We can but dream....

Sadly we'd probably do it at 200mph and ruin it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Thinking we could pull this off is the most optimistic post on this forum in days lol 

Haha the transfer or the chant?! 

They’d probably try and shoe horn in Chelsea Dagger or something.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

We have been linked with Pereira from West Brom, Dan James, and Trincao again, so wouldn't surprise me if we do get a few more links to wingers

If we sign James over pereira I’ll be sick.

He’s the exact sort of overpriced signing that clubs like Everton fall for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

I asked for some comments from Celtic fans:

"Positives: Incredible feet, can get past a man fairly easily, very strong considering he's quite slim, great finisher. He can create something out of absolutely nothing. Negatives: Won't win you any headers and has a tendency to disappear if things aren't going his way from time to time. Overall he'd be a terrific signing for Leicester."

"He should thrive at an attacking, possession based team like Leicester, especially under Rodgers again. On his day he’s unplayable. Which - in a well performing team - will be most games. Ball control and footwork is ridiculous. When he really gets going you simply can’t get the ball off him without fouling. Surprisingly strong, especially when receiving a high ball with a man at his back. Good first touch, awareness, and vision to find little one twos or killer balls. Good movement as a striker too, finding subtle runs in behind while staying onside. Solid free kick and penalty taker too (most of the time). Only downside really is, as mentioned by others, his heading and tendency to go missing when the team isn’t performing. But I couldn’t see that being too much of an issue at Leicester. All the potential to be the bargain of the century imo. Really enjoyed watching your lot this year, all the best going into the last game."

"Incredible close control, glides through defences when he wants to. Always goes for placement over power. Intelligent footballer. Plays really well in a 2 up top."

The one thing I've always noticed about him is that he's deceptively quick but you don't see him flat out very often as his positioning is so good, he usually doesn't have to. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

If he really is coming then he better be ready for the big step up. The speed of the game is insane here given the superior skills of the players in this league. Only saw Celtic approach these speeds against Munich and Man City. Go On Odsonne. You wouldn't be here if Rodgers didn't believe in you. :scarf:

In all honesty the speed of the game up here is quicker but obviously lacking in quality and technique. It's a blood and thunder type quickness up here, particularly for strikers as most of the pitches at away grounds are really small and as soon as your in possession some big ugly centre half smashes through the back of you. You definitely get more time on the ball in that sense in England, however less mistakes are made and there are less opportunities to score as a result so you have to think far quicker and be more clinical. Games up here, particularly home games, in a decent Celtic side our strikers will get 4 or 5 really good chances in a match. Vastly different from England, think of the amount of games Vardy barely gets a sniff but the one chance he does get it's more often than not in the back of the net.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If Edouard or any other out and out type of striker signs then yeah think your exactly right. Seems like a defining summer in that sense in terms of the shape of the side going forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The one thing I've always noticed about him is that he's deceptively quick but you don't see him flat out very often as his positioning is so good, he usually doesn't have to. 

Yeah he's deceiving that way as he's got quite a languid style in terms of running.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

.. I posted similar yesterday, when all is fit, there will be a headache to incorporate your best eleven!!!

Very much, horses for courses.

Guest Bert Fill
4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No - we (the fans) just don’t know what the plan is. But you can be sure there is one. The club aren’t wondering what to do with Barnes depending who we sign. I wouldn’t be surprised if they know not only which top player is leaving this summer, but also next summer and the one after that, and have prioritised lists of possible replacements for all of them, plus for Rodgers. And contingency plans for if someone unexpectedly wants to leave.

Not all these plans might work, but you can bet that they’re in place.

7 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

No - we (the fans) just don’t know what the plan is. But you can be sure there is one. The club aren’t wondering what to do with Barnes depending who we sign. I wouldn’t be surprised if they know not only which top player is leaving this summer, but also next summer and the one after that, and have prioritised lists of possible replacements for all of them, plus for Rodgers. And contingency plans for if someone unexpectedly wants to leave.

Maybe so but the club have supposedly had plans for the last 2 years and yet still haven't brought in the players in certain positions that they needed to, hence why we have to go 3-4-1-2 for the last stretch of the last 2 seasons and its no coincidence our form dies off, even if its not been anywhere near as much this time around.

We need pace and width and options to create something. The likes of Sowah coming in and hopefully signing Edouard and a winger that Rodgers trusts will be a massive start. But my point is the more we play 3-4-1-2 the less of a place there is for the likes of Barnes to perform in his best position and Maddison has never had a single decent game for us as the " 1 " behind the two strikers. 

If we decide that OK, let's have 3-4 strikers and not worry about wingers then we absolutely have to have elite level wing backs and we don't have one of those on the left yet.

43 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

I would imagine the plan WAS that Under would step up and we’d be playing a 3 up top with Vardy, Barnes and Under. With the emergence of Kel it looks like we may need to rethink the shape.

But flexibility is a great thing, if we sign a winger as well as a striker, we can move between 352 and 433 easily from game to game, and even during games. 

6 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Having previously been skeptical of signing a player from the land of jock, this alone has changed my mind. I want a piece.

What a great song. Will be a terrace classic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

I would imagine the plan WAS that Under would step up and we’d be playing a 3 up top with Vardy, Barnes and Under. With the emergence of Kel it looks like we may need to rethink the shape.

But flexibility is a great thing, if we sign a winger as well as a striker, we can move between 352 and 433 easily from game to game, and even during games. 

I agree, less rigid formations and more fluidity. Total football yippee!!

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

James is utterly garbage, can run but not much else.

I'm not saying your wrong, but we  had a lad that was really just about pace and lacked quite a few aspects to his game, but developed into our greatest ever goalscorer. 

James isn't the finished article and maybe made too big a jump, too soon but I think there's a real talent there.