Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

2 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

I don't get why everyone thinks Vards is finished. It's not like he lost his pace or stamina. It's a mental thing not physical. He never looks exhausted compared to younger players, sometimes he looks better than them. IMO Vardy will be back to his old self in the next season.

I would agree, he’s always been streaky even in his “prime” years. Also puts us in the nice position of having 2 capable goal scorers even if Edouard joins and struggles to adapt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

I don't get why everyone thinks Vards is finished. It's not like he lost his pace or stamina. It's a mental thing not physical. He never looks exhausted compared to younger players, sometimes he looks better than them. IMO Vardy will be back to his old self in the next season.

In my opinion I would say towards the end of the season it actually looked like he had lost that tiny bit of Pace/Acceleration that got him ahead of every opposition defence. I’m sure he will prove me wrong but that’s how it looked.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

Just now, les-tah said:

In my opinion I would say towards the end of the season it actually looked like he had lost that tiny bit of Pace/Acceleration that got him ahead of every opposition defence. I’m sure he will prove me wrong but that’s how it looked.

I don't think Vardy ever looked fully fit after his op. A good few weeks rest now with a full and proper pre season should hopefully do him the world of good - same with Maddison, Ricardo, Evans etc. 

• Like 4

Guest Bert Fill
17 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

I hope I’m wrong, but I think he has lost a tiny fraction of his pace. It would be remarkable if he didn’t, at his age. And a tiny fraction’s all it takes, I’m afraid.

He may well be capable of proving everyone wrong, having a fantastic season and making himself undroppable, but I’d be amazed if the club were aiming to go through next season with Vardy as first choice striker.

38 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

He looked to me the last few months of the season like he had lost a yard of pace actually. Obviously still very quick in relation to most people but he didn't look to me like he was at the same level of acceleration as he was previously.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

I hope I’m wrong, but I think he has lost a tiny fraction of his pace. It would be remarkable if he didn’t, at his age. And a tiny fraction’s all it takes, I’m afraid.

He may well be capable of proving everyone wrong, having a fantastic season and making himself undroppable, but I’d be amazed if the club were aiming to go through next season with Vardy as first choice striker.

In all honesty it would be bad planning by the club if they did and I can't see that happening. Better to try and use him more wisely/replace him gradually as opposed to just waiting until he's knackered and thinking right what do we do now. That's obviously the logic behind the Edouard signing.

• Like 1

Vardy suffered from the lack of a break between seasons, at his age he needs that time off and then a full pre season, which they didn't have either.

Rodgers also has to use his bench more instead of leaving Vardy on for the full 90 all the time

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He looked to me the last few months of the season like he had lost a yard of pace actually. Obviously still very quick in relation to most people but he didn't look to me like he was at the same level of acceleration as he was previously.

Agree - I think we'll see vardy prowling the touchline for 70 mins next season and then going in for the kill with 20 mins to go.

37 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Vardy’s professional footballing career started when he was approximately 23-24 years old.  Michael Owens was career practically coming to end when he reached a similar age. 

His performance against Spurs showed he still a serious threat. 

Guest Bert Fill
6 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

His performance against Spurs showed he still a serious threat

Of course he’s still a threat, and still a very good player with a lot to offer.

But all game, every game, all season, at his age, with what we’ve seen from him since Christmas?

2 hours ago, drumbeat said:

That chant's well cool. If/when he's signed, I hope we get the rights to use it too! 

I've seen him a few times this season and I haven't been impressed tbh. So I'm relieved to read he's not been at his best. Hopefully BR knows how to get the best out of him.

Chants aren’t subject to copyright, you can just sing them 😂

10 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Of course he’s still a threat, and still a very good player with a lot to offer.

But all game, every game, all season, at his age, with what we’ve seen from him since Christmas?

He still registered a load of assists, plus he was still able to get into the right positions. Someone also pointed out a while back that he's lack of goals coincided with Harvey being injured - his style of play really relies on having someone who can keep up with him pace wise. I know this discussion has gone round in circles, but this is partly why it was frustrating that Brendan didn't persist with Under - that winning goal at Arsenal demonstrated how well they could have connected. 

• Like 1

I can see Vardy playing alone in that 1 up top striker to begin with and if he gets subbed for whatever reason I can see Edouard coming on to fill his role. Same with a system change throughout the match to a 2 up to with it being vards on the left and edouard on the right.

I do think nacho wil be 3rd choice this season because edouard has more manoeuvrability, pace and strength. Its a hard one to predict but that's mine.

40 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I agree. He may get it back when aging less games and having a rest over the summer. But he looked like he'd lost his zip to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Edouard 23 years old, signing a 4-5 year deal. 

Iheanacho 24 years old, signed a deal till 2024.

The legend and GOAT Jamie Vardy still around to help.

That's a really good place to be IMO. Lots of possibilities to rotate, use two of the three, hell even Ferguson style chuck all 3 on at once when desperate. 

The club is so well run, it's brilliant!

I just look back at a game like southampton and think... imagine if wed been able to switch to those 3 up top. With  KDH/Praet, YT and Soumare.  That would have been lethal yet still balanced. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

His first touch isn't the issue though, it's the second, third and fourth largely.

Needing more than one touch is always a problem for most strikers. Against Palace (at home), Burnley, Man Utd, West Ham, etc., Nacho didn't need more than a first touch to score some truly brilliant goals.

Guest ttfn
3 hours ago, TK95 said:

What is this sourcery

There’s 3 goals in the first 90 seconds of this video where the keeper is standing not in the middle of the goal and he shoots to the side the keeper is standing on. Crazy finishes

1 hour ago, BlackFox said:

He's lost his first touch and clinical finishing - could well be a physical issue relating to subtle hip/groin movements. 

Edited by brucey

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I just look back at a game like southampton and think... imagine if wed been able to switch to those 3 up top. With  KDH/Praet, YT and Soumare.  That would have been lethal yet still balanced. 

Yep or several games where we got bullied in midfield with a lack of physicality, Soumare could have been used instead / as well as Maddison, etc.

Still not sure we can push top 4 again, as those clubs above us have even better squads, but our is shaping up nicely. We should be competitive in every competition this season, especially with returning players. Winning the FA Cup without a fully fit Ricardo is pretty bonkers!

• Like 1