Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Sidnei Tavares

3 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

wait so is he leaving then?

He just hasn’t signed a new contract. And he very recently got a new agent. Quotes from his parents say he’s focused on lcfc. And Ric says he’s heard he wants to stay. Sorry this is a long winded way of saying no one knows shit.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Rejected £22k a week and he has barely kicked a ball in professional football lol call the cops he’s off his chops.

£22k a week?! That is mental, no chance he gets a better offer than that abroad surely

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Just googled what average salary is in Championship and staggered to find its £29k. 

If you see Sid, tell him.

I’m not convinced that is the average at all, seems really high 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Turning your nose up not just at that sort of money but also the chance to develop under a top top coach like Rodgers with a proven track record of developing youth and giving them game time, at one of the world’s best training grounds just shows you where his priorities lie.

We hear again and again from Rodgers and the club that the character and attitude of a player is just as important as the quality.

He may well go on to become a superstar but I certainly have no regrets if his character and attitude don’t suit us. 

Hes been badly advised by his father and now has a total idiot as his agent. He has no reputation in the game, barely played for our 23s and no one in the championship has heard of him. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

£22k a week?! That is mental, no chance he gets a better offer than that abroad surely

....it is clearly not about the money, all about "playing time" it seems!!!

I really feel that he is looking to go abroad, I suspect he does not see Championship football as an option, it will just set him back a year. Watching Sancho and other players getting their chances abroad is what he will be thinking, and he thinks right now he is good enough to emulate them.

A massive gamble for us on the outside but he believes in himself, to the extent, he has removed any safety net and has chosen to fly.

• Thanks 1

Doesn't have the same agent as Angel Gomes does he? His agent/father thought he was good enough to be starting for Barcelona, so left Man Utd to join Lille on a free and ended up being loaned out to a mid table Portuguese club

Edited by turlo

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, turlo said:

Doesn't have the same agent as Angel Gomes does he? Hi agent thought he was good enough to be starting for Barcelona, so left Man Utd to join Lille a free and ended up being loaned out to a mid table Portuguese club

Hes got lukaku, acerbi and then a load of average plodders mostly.

Unbelievable £22k p/w. He's done nothing and hasn't even played a full senior game! I think he'll be in trouble now though trying to find a club that will invest in someone who's arrogant.

More to the point what were lcfc doing?!? We've quite a few players between the £20-30k p/w on the books and I doubt they'd be chuffed with that after working their socks off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fair play to the lad for backing himself. I never got the impression it was ever about the money but rather a promise of first team football which is a bold demand considering he hasn't even earned a place in the u23's never mind a spot in a squad pushing for top 6 in the best league in the world. 

Wish him all the best but I have a feeling that at some point during this window, he is going to have to get realistic and realise that all these big clubs that are showing an apparent interest aren't going to offer him anything better than we have.

He'll no doubt sign for a big name in a poor league just before the start of the season. A Celtic, Ajax or even an MLS side.

• Like 2