Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Sidnei Tavares

You can't knock him if he wants to play first team football. Maybe Brendan can't offer that quick enough which will happen more and more as the quality of our first team improves.

Would you knock Salah, De Bruyne, Drinkwater, Andy King, Muzzy Izzet etc.  All players left their home club in search of a different opportunity.

• Like 1

If the lad wants to reject a decent contract in search of first team football than fair play to him - I'd be really shocked if the offer of loaning him out hadn't been made to him though, can only imagine he's had some decent offers of first team football elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think he recently changed to a new agent 

If that’s the case then suspect it’s down to him 

...this situation existed prior to the change to this agent!!!

His family were his agent and advisor and his goal has not changed, probably the only difference will be, just the approach to the negotiations has become more entrenched.

I'm first to criticise young players who sit on contracts playing reserve football into their 20s, we have had a few of them so I think its fair play to him for seeking opportunities but I believe we would have sent him on loan but it seems he thinks he's too good for that and should be in the first team squad. I guess we will see how his career develops, if he has the desire to match his confidence we may well regret this in years to come but he won't be the first to drift away if he isn't careful and makes a good choice. 

13 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

You can't knock him if he wants to play first team football. Maybe Brendan can't offer that quick enough which will happen more and more as the quality of our first team improves.

Would you knock Salah, De Bruyne, Drinkwater, Andy King, Muzzy Izzet etc.  All players left their home club in search of a different opportunity.

...I  would have thought like the majority of deals that the above would have been under contract at the time!!!

It is very different if you let your contract elapse in order to effect a negotiation. 

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Attitude in stark contrast to KDH, who is rightly ahead of him in the pecking order. 

I’m not sure using KDH is the example you think it is, he’s 3 years older than Tavares and we only sent him out on loan when he was 21.

He’s probably the reason why Tavares wants to jump ship, another 18 months in the U23s might not sound too appealing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not convinced he’s gone just yet although it’s looking less likely as the days drag on. Personally don’t see anything wrong with making sure there are assurances about a suitable loan and a pathway to the first team.

He basically doesn’t want to play too much U23’s football and follow the same path as Barnes and Chilwell. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I’m not sure using KDH is the example you think it is, he’s 3 years older than Tavares and we only sent him out on loan when he was 21.

He’s probably the reason why Tavares wants to jump ship, another 18 months in the U23s might not sound too appealing.

Maybe, but we have shown with Chillwell, Barnes, Hamza and hopefully KDH that our recent system works and gets lads from our academy playing in Europe and in Cup finals. If he feels he's too good for that process then whatever. 

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Maybe, but we have shown with Chillwell, Barnes, Hamza and hopefully KDH that our recent system works and gets lads from our academy playing in Europe and in Cup finals. If he feels he's too good for that process then whatever. 

I do agree to a certain extent but Chilwell and Barnes have both been fortunate to play in positions we were lacking in and Hamza has been limited with his opportunities. 

I’m sure the club had discussions with him and his agent about the possibility of when first team availability may become available.

14 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I do agree to a certain extent but Chilwell and Barnes have both been fortunate to play in positions we were lacking in and Hamza has been limited with his opportunities. 

I’m sure the club had discussions with him and his agent about the possibility of when first team availability may become available.

He has made 70+ apps for the first team, not so much a lack of opportunities but the ability to make them count. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He has made 70+ apps for the first team, not so much a lack of opportunities but the ability to make them count. 

True, I’d still like to think most of them have been off the bench to help sure us up defensively.

My point is, had we not had a Ndidi, he might of been given more trust to start games for us, and maybe Tavares feels, with the likes of, Tielemans, Soumare and KDH, he may be limited in the coming seasons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Attitude in stark contrast to KDH, who is rightly ahead of him in the pecking order. 

His attitude is trying to get the most playing time possible?

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If game time is what he's after then go through the same process as the others and go on loan to a Championship team? 

He's backing himself to be better than that, I assume. Otherwise perhaps we couldn't sort out a good enough Championship loan.

Basically, it's crazy to talk about his "attitude" when all we know is he hasn't signed a new contract.

• Like 2

It would be a massive shame for the club (and him) if this cannot be resolved, he is clearly a talented young lad and the club clearly believes that too. It’s just maybe slightly different views on where he is at currently that stand in the way, hopefully they can both find a way to resolve it and we can all experience success together.

It's all well and good that he's spent 9 years in country now moving through the academy ranks. But I've never heard of an 18 yrs old with no leugue football experience whatsoever to turn around and demand to be on a pitch with a top 6 PL football club. Ludicrous.

He's got contacts down in Portugal so I wouldn't be surprised to see him down their. 

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fair enough if it's about playing time but no time for him at all if it's money related. Would've been lucky to get that much.

...the money is very much secondary in all this..very much game time in, perhaps the biggest shop window in the world, would be the driver for this!!!

All he would need would be, a few good cameos off the bench, and he would have his audience and the opportunities will flood in.

The fact that he has not signed, to a new overseas club as yet, points to no real plan in place, to further his ambitions. Taking the stance that he has done, you really need to have things in place to back up your strategy.