Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Sidnei Tavares

On 22/06/2021 at 17:06, Simon alex said:

You may  have a big surprise  sooner  than you think; I can guarantee  you haven't seen  enough  of Sidnei Tavares...let's see what he's going  first than how he really  plays 😉😉😉

:ermm:

Just now, lgfualol said:

This guy's gone. No way he comes back having missed all of preseason and is involved. Missed his shot there.

Wages for the last month and a half are gone lol

Heat will be on to sign somewhere, surely if his agent had connections/interest things would've been done by now

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Could be a load of crap, but apparently has offers from Sporting and Club Brugge

To be fair on him he could do a lot worse. Both clubs have a good record of developing youth. He clearly couldn't see a path for himself to come through here so good luck to him if he does end up going. I think he's going to be one hell of a player in the future but I can't see him getting game time with our strength and depth in midfield any time soon. It might not be the worst idea from his point of view to move on for his own development. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

To be fair on him he could do a lot worse. Both clubs have a good record of developing youth. He clearly couldn't see a path for himself to come through here so good luck to him if he does end up going. I think he's going to be one hell of a player in the future but I can't see him getting game time with our strength and depth in midfield any time soon. It might not be the worst idea from his point of view to move on for his own development. 

I think you're right, but it seems odd to me that he didn't appear to want to just emulate Chilwell, Barnes, Hamza or KDH if he really believed in himself. He could have agreed to a loan to prove he's up to scratch. I mean it's clear to see that we are a club that give our youth a chance. I don't know, but I suspect he's got ideas above his station or is being badly advised.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 3

What's he fannying around at? If he doesn't want to be here then so be it but he's clearly not in a rush to be anywhere else either... kid is clearly very poorly advised. Should be getting into a club whether it's us or anyone else and getting his head down.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue for a lot of youngsters who are offered a new deal at a club that they want to leave is, clubs lower down the leagues may struggle with the compensation fee due and it is harder to get the deal across the line. Obviously he could go abroad on a free but he's also lived in this country since he was very very young. 

He'll not be rejoining us anyway from what I gather, he's determined to get first team football immediately and on much less wages than we offered him. In a sport that is fuelled by greed and money, surely that's the key message here. He isn't interested in being paid nicely to sit in the U23's or risk further broken promises on loan moves or possible chances here, he wants a new opportunity at a club that he believes he can get first team football quicker.

It's a shame and he's possibly been handled badly but we shouldn't begrudge a player wanting a move and it not being about money.

This is a very good post. I see a lot of negativity and criticism regarding his attitude but if it was another clubs young star looking abroad for first team opportunities on less money we would all be praising him. Seems like the lad has his head screwed on and is being advised well despite popular opinion. Good luck to him, it would have been nice to see him thrive here but it wasn't meant to be. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Wouldn't be the first extremely talented player to have a poor attitude and piss it all away. He probably has more natural talent than Harvey Barnes but none of the application.

If he did it didn’t show in them games with the first team.

If some people stop being partizan here and put themselves in Tavares position, they would probably leave aswell. 

Or should he just sign for LCFC because the supporters would like to see some loyalty? Yet the majority of football clubs aren't loyal to players... 

Tavares should do what is best for him. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 3

We have outgrown worrying about losing players like Tavares. 

Sure, always nice to have a good under 21 who doesn't count against the limit. I get that. But fact is, we have replaced almost everyone on the team who isn't competitive for minutes at their position. There is literally one player left -- Benkovic -- who hasn't shown BR he can play meaningful minutes at this level. Tavares was young enough that he could have stuck around, but as soon as he turned 21, he would be at risk of being shipped out the next time we looked to make a move for a player. Our midfield depth is outstanding.

For Fuch's sake, we could field a B-side that would be competitive in the Prem.

I think folks irked that Tavares left need to pull up our 25-man squad and look at it. Really look at it. Where is the fat to be trimmed? After Benkovic, we are onto guys like Choudhury, Amartey, Mendy, all guys who have played some great minutes for us. I would guess Amartey is the weakest, but he is super useful as a Swiss army knife type, and just started at CB when we shutout Man City. With the players in front of him, when is Tavares getting any shot at the field? It wasn't going to happen. 

Our squad construction is the deepest it has been in the history of the team. We are looking to keep improving, and players like Tavares, while nice to have bc they do not count against the limit, understand that they are blocked by better, more expensive players. He had no realistic path to the field anytime soon, barring incredible injury bad luck. Good on him going, it was the right move for his career, and we are very unlikely to ever regret him leaving.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If he did it didn’t show in them games with the first team.

Don't know if he's "more naturally talented", but how many first team games would that be?

Meanwhile, distinctly recall many on FT eager to bin Barnes after his first season in the first team.

Anyway, I can see this both from the club's and the player's viewpoints, and it's time to move on.

Edited by NaijaFox

17 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

That just sums up Foxestalk. I can remember back in the day we played Middlesbrough away at the beginning of the season and Vardy played. I said something along the lines that it was nice to see him given another chance. 

I was absolutely ripped to shreds by people wanting him gone and attacking everything about him. This place is toxic when players aren’t an immediate success. I can recall countless other similar stories over the years!

I remember that. I think half the squad was ripped to pieces. Couldn’t believe what I was reading. 

• Like 1