Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Sidnei Tavares

I just don't understand this one. I thought he'd love to work his way into the 1st team and play with us reaching for the sky. What's with this infatuation with playing abroad? He could still be benched and under used there's no guarantee at his age and level he's gonna be a 1st team player at any club home and abroad. I'm all for him wanting the chance to prove himself but hope he's careful for what he's wished for. Good luck to him if he thinks Leicester aren't good enough for him.

38 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I just don't understand this one. I thought he'd love to work his way into the 1st team and play with us reaching for the sky. What's with this infatuation with playing abroad? He could still be benched and under used there's no guarantee at his age and level he's gonna be a 1st team player at any club home and abroad. I'm all for him wanting the chance to prove himself but hope he's careful for what he's wished for. Good luck to him if he thinks Leicester aren't good enough for him.

Maybe he thinks he has the better chance to make a starting spot his own in Serie B than for a Top 6 PL side? We aren't exactly Crystal Palace

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

...I don't believe that is the case, playing abroad is just a different type of schooling!!!

It would be more beneficial for him to play in a continental environment that the hustle and bustle of our leagues. 

He is looking a few steps ahead and it will serve him well. 

Porto is a decent move, going to be a fair bit down the line in terms of first team opportunities with them though from looking at their squad

Their B Team is in the 2nd tier of Portugal though so I imagine that is where he will be

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Porto is a decent move, going to be a fair bit down the line in terms of first team opportunities with them though from looking at their squad

Their B Team is in the 2nd tier of Portugal though so I imagine that is where he will be

It's a great move for him and his family. Time will tell if it's a better move than staying here. One things for sure, he will not be on anywhere near the 22k a week some say he was offered by our club to stay. I personally don't believe that's what we offered him, but even 10k a week is unlikely at Porto for a youngster, but probably the sort of fringe 1st team new contract we'd pay a highly rated young player.

All the best Sidnei.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a great move for him and his family. Time will tell if it's a better move than staying here. One things for sure, he will not be on anywhere near the 22k a week some say he was offered by our club to stay. I personally don't believe that's what we offered him, but even 10k a week is unlikely at Porto for a youngster, but probably the sort of fringe 1st team new contract we'd pay a highly rated young player.

All the best Sidnei.

Championship players over here average around 5-10k/week

league 1 is 2k/week

i expect he will be somewhere around 2k/week in their B team but with a nice s/o fee to soften the blow 

it’s then up to his talents as to how quickly he can move upwards 

• Like 1

Hope he is successful as if it is correct that he moved to play, rather than just take the $$$ here then good on him...but... im confused by the aim of "playing 1st team football" then going to a second division team?

26 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Hope he is successful as if it is correct that he moved to play, rather than just take the $$$ here then good on him...but... im confused by the aim of "playing 1st team football" then going to a second division team?

He's got more chance of playing 1st team football in a second division team than in a top division, hasn't he?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
31 minutes ago, MPH said:

Hand back your Elite level ITK card!

Tbh there was nothing itk about it - I just reported what fabrizio romano said. Porto is actually a good move for the kid.

41 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

He's got more chance of playing 1st team football in a second division team than in a top division, hasn't he?

well yes, but he couldve gone to a championship side and done that, if that was the goal.

I assume (but dont know) that 2nd division spain is lower quality than the champ?

10 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Did you see @ScrumpyJack’s post??

It’s obvious he didn’t fancy his chances of getting first team with those in front of him. Good luck to him but he clearly

Didn’t back himself that much . If he had of done he would have taken the contract on offer and showed everyone else why he was first team caliber. Good luck and goodbye nothing more to see here 

28 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

well yes, but he couldve gone to a championship side and done that, if that was the goal.

I assume (but dont know) that 2nd division spain is lower quality than the champ?

....the style of the football is what is important, he is betting on himself to progress, with the style of football that suits him!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

i have absolutely no idea what this means? :)

Well Parma Italy rather than Palma (Majorca ) Spain. **** knows where Spain has come into though as if I've understood it right he's gone from originally being reported as joining Parma in Italy to now  joining Porto in Portugal 🤷‍♂️