Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Sidnei Tavares

14 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Well Parma Italy rather than Palma (Majorca ) Spain. **** knows where Spain has come into though as if I've understood it right he's gone from originally being reported as joining Parma in Italy to now  joining Porto in Portugal 🤷‍♂️

Yep . Gone to Porto apparently . There you go - just as this thread was mercifully  slipping peacefully away I’ve breathed fresh life into it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Well Parma Italy rather than Palma (Majorca ) Spain. **** knows where Spain has come into though as if I've understood it right he's gone from originally being reported as joining Parma in Italy to now  joining Porto in Portugal 🤷‍♂️

ahhh yes.. i mistook Porto for spain duhhhh

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

i have absolutely no idea what this means? :)

36 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

He said something about the Spanish second division so I was pointing out it was the Italian second division :)

Didn't know about Porto.... lol 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2021 at 09:55, KingsX said:

Tavares and his family have let his contract end so they can play the market.  They have limited leverage, but some leverage, and would be fools not to try their luck.  they are taking a calculated risk.  If they overplay their hand, he’ll pay the price of a hard landing.

… and the market has spoken.  Looks like Tavares and advisers overestimated his appeal in a market where clubs at his level are just trying to stay in business, not spend for talent.

Definitely bad timing.  Possibly a bad decision.  But at the end of the day, I respect going for playing time over money.  He ends up at one of the best run clubs in his native country -- not too hard of a landing really.

Given how worked up some people got, I suspect we’ll be getting regular updates from “I told you so’s” if he doesn’t kill it there.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

I totally agree that he needs to be playing football but, surely Barnes and KDH are good examples of players that if they perform well on loan, there's every chance, if good enough, you can break into the team here?

Surely a Championship or even the right 1st division side would equip him better for the future than a Serie B or similar one.

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I totally agree that he needs to be playing football but, surely Barnes and KDH are good examples of players that if they perform well on loan, there's every chance, if good enough, you can break into the team here?

Surely a Championship or even the right 1st division side would equip him better for the future than a Serie B or similar one.

Depends, I guess. Football salaries are awful in Portugal (and Spain and Italy if you aren't a top team), which is why players like Silva and Slimani were so eager for a move. Even if things didn't work out, it did work out financially. I can't imagine he would be making anywhere near what we had on the table to play for Porto. But if he plays for the first team, impresses in Europe, etc., it was a great move for his career, because we are loaded at his position and even a successful loan would have more likely ended up as a Josh Knight transfer to a lower league team rather than a Barnes, KDH starting gig. 

But if he finds himself playing for Porto B, or even riding the bench for the first team, it is a gamble he would have lost badly.

If Tavares suddenly finds himself playing for Porto B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Depends, I guess. Football salaries are awful in Portugal (and Spain and Italy if you aren't a top team), which is why players like Silva and Slimani were so eager for a move. Even if things didn't work out, it did work out financially. I can't imagine he would be making anywhere near what we had on the table to play for Porto. But if he plays for the first team, impresses in Europe, etc., it was a great move for his career, because we are loaded at his position and even a successful loan would have more likely ended up as a Josh Knight transfer to a lower league team rather than a Barnes, KDH starting gig. 

But if he finds himself playing for Porto B, or even riding the bench for the first team, it is a gamble he would have lost badly.

If Tavares suddenly finds himself playing for Porto B

The reports I read said he had been signed to play for Porto B 

he has a job on to Impress and get into the first team squad 

• Sad 1

Loads of hype around players …… maybe only one of these (Kramaric) which we’d regret leaving in hindsight. You can’t say any of the others have ever filled the expected expectation of them.

Fousseni Diabate

Bartosz Kapustka

Liam Moore

Simonas Stankevicius

Tom Lawrence

Andrej Kramaric

Marko Fuktas

Leon Crncic

Dany N’Guessan

James Wesolowski

Astrit Ajdarevic

Levi Porter

Joe Mattock

Sergio Hellings

Eric Odhiambo

Louis Dodds

Billy Kee

Alan Sheehan

Patrik Gerrbrand

Peter Gilbert

Chris O’Grady

Tomi Petrescu

Jon Stevenson

Jon Ashton

Laurie Dudfield

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Porto, its nice around there apparently , never been myself. Whether its better than a stroll up Humberstone Road is entirely subjective. Of course they are Champion's League regulars which helps.

I’ve been.

it’s like Nottingham

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Loads of hype around players …… maybe only one of these (Kramaric) which we’d regret leaving in hindsight. You can’t say any of the others have ever filled the expected expectation of them.

Fousseni Diabate

Bartosz Kapustka

Liam Moore

Simonas Stankevicius

Tom Lawrence

Andrej Kramaric

Marko Fuktas

Leon Crncic

Dany N’Guessan

James Wesolowski

Astrit Ajdarevic

Levi Porter

Joe Mattock

Sergio Hellings

Eric Odhiambo

Louis Dodds

Billy Kee

Alan Sheehan

Patrik Gerrbrand

Peter Gilbert

Chris O’Grady

Tomi Petrescu

Jon Stevenson

Jon Ashton

Laurie Dudfield

Gotta add Hossian Kaebi to the list 👍 also true story I genuinely bought a Gerrbrand 24 shirt at the start of his second season...and then we promptly released him before the transfer window closed 🤣 🤦‍♂️ 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sly said:

Loads of hype around players.....

Liam Moore

James Wesolowski

Bit harsh on these 2 players I think. Moore left for more regular first team football, I always thought he was a solid enough player. He was probably, in a similar way to Andy King, a victim of our own success. Just wasn't quite good enough for the Premier League

And Wesolowski had a hell of a lot of promise but his career was effectively ended when his leg got snapped into 400 pieces

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Bit harsh on these 2 players I think. Moore left for more regular first team football, I always thought he was a solid enough player. He was probably, in a similar way to Andy King, a victim of our own success. Just wasn't quite good enough for the Premier League

And Wesolowski had a hell of a lot of promise but his career was effectively ended when his leg got snapped into 400 pieces

Another who had his leg broken in a friendly! 

On 01/09/2021 at 10:45, Ric Flair said:

It's a great move for him and his family. Time will tell if it's a better move than staying here. One things for sure, he will not be on anywhere near the 22k a week some say he was offered by our club to stay. I personally don't believe that's what we offered him, but even 10k a week is unlikely at Porto for a youngster, but probably the sort of fringe 1st team new contract we'd pay a highly rated young player.

All the best Sidnei.

Even if this kid ( sidneiTavares) goes down the drain it shows that money was never the issue  with leicester  but playing senior football  was the problem.  Leicester  saved millions  and good luck to this kid now , he defenetly needs  to work , improve, suffer  and lucky  to become a top player and be back at top of the world the premiere league.   Good luck sidnei  il be watching you 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sly said:

Fousseni Diabate

Bartosz Kapustka

Liam Moore

Simonas Stankevicius

Tom Lawrence

Andrej Kramaric

Marko Fuktas

Leon Crncic

Dany N’Guessan

James Wesolowski

Astrit Ajdarevic

Levi Porter

Joe Mattock

Sergio Hellings

Eric Odhiambo

Louis Dodds

Billy Kee

Alan Sheehan

Patrik Gerrbrand

Peter Gilbert

Chris O’Grady

Tomi Petrescu

Jon Stevenson

Jon Ashton

Laurie Dudfield

Only other player who we've let go in recent years who has gone on to prove himself at the same level as we are is Chris Wood. I know Burnley are horrid to watch but he is a good player.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only other player who we've let go in recent years who has gone on to prove himself at the same level as we are is Chris Wood. I know Burnley are horrid to watch but he is a good player.

And it took him a few years too in fairness, I don't think he would've scored many for us.

43 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

And it took him a few years too in fairness, I don't think he would've scored many for us.

Didn't take him very long really, he absolutely obliterated the Championship for another year and then since joining Burnley has often got double figures year on year. On his day he's unplayable.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't take him very long really, he absolutely obliterated the Championship for another year and then since joining Burnley has often got double figures year on year. On his day he's unplayable.

If you take Wood's size and strength and couple it with skill and ruthlessness, you get Lewandowski. Big strikers ,of which there are too many to mention , often have an advantage.

On 02/09/2021 at 21:10, Sly said:

Marko Fuktas

Did he really? Not necessarily his fault that we bought a poor player. :D

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Haha 1