Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Sidnei Tavares

54 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

Just the best players like KDH  its doing  great and sidnei Tavares its about  to go out of the  club because  they didn't value  him

In what way didn't they value him?

12 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Lot of people in here that whine about Beaglehole that I guarantee have absolutely ZERO clue how an/our youth set-up works and what Beaglehole is even like as a bloke/coach. 

That might be so, but there are many that do have a clue or they trust those who have first hand experience of our academy and I'm yet to hear from ANYONE who shines a positive light on the U23 manager.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There needs to be a speeding up through the age groups, we can all agree on that. I think it is happening as it is much better this year but prior to that it had bottle necked through having too many players over the age of 18 in the U23's that weren't getting loan moves. 

It's not the common thing for the U18's to be fielding loads of 15 year olds but the very best technical players at that age are usually a few years ahead of their age group and likely in the 18's at 15/16 and then the 23's a year later. 

Obviously physicality plays a part, if the technically gifted kid is still a scrawny urchin then maybe they wouldn't yet be ready for U18's but some definitely will be.

Wayne Rooney was playing for Everton reserves at 14, however I'd say although it is possible, its unusual, and only exceptions are made for the exceptional, and quite rightly so.. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

And which member of our, 3rd in the table, team should we have dropped to make room for this stroppy teenager? 

In this respect, we are victims of our own success.

I think as fans of football, maybe we should put our partisan feelings as LCFC fans to one side, and maybe see what is best for Tavares?

Is it the best thing for him to be at best, a sub for LCFC 10 minutes in a Europa League game? Or should he be playing with & against lesser players (If he is such a star) in the Premier League 2?

What is best for his football progression? If I were his Agent or Parent, that's how I would be looking at it.

Football is a very selfish game, he should be looking out for himself and "IF" he is being chased by clubs such as Dortmund or Benfica, I don't see that he has any problems at all, with the caveat that he has been assured top be in and around the first team with any new employment offers he receives, as if he doesn't have this, he is back in the same position as he has here. So once again, progression, is what he needs! In this instance Rodgers is the one who can offer this, but he has his own pressures as his remit is not to develop as a main priority, but to win as he is at the sharp end.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Wayne Rooney was playing for Everton reserves at 14, however I'd say although it is possible, its unusual, and only exceptions are made for the exceptional, and quite rightly so.. 

Funnily enough I saw this on twitter yesterday, 14 year old playing and scoring an absolute banger for Arsenal under 18s

If they are good enough, get them playing in the higher age groups

What has he done that actually makes him a hot prospect?  We very rarely get it wrong when players go.  If he wasn't Nani's cousin would we be so sure he is the real deal.

If he isn't going to sign a new contract with us, bin him off now and lets see how many of the big European teams actually do come in for him.  I have a feeling he is closer to Barnsley level than Benfica.

I think a lot of these youngsters see the likes of Jadon Sancho and think, all I have to do is move abroad and I'll be a superstar. In some cases that might work, in most I doubt it will. 

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think a lot of these youngsters see the likes of Jadon Sancho and think, all I have to do is move abroad and I'll be a superstar. In some cases that might work, in most I doubt it will. 

There's definitely an element of that, there's also been a tide turning in academy players opting to leave us. None of those that have have proven yet that it was a wise decision but the more it happens, the more confidence is drawn from others to make that same decision. Sancho opened the gates for a few others to get out of Man City and you can see the temptation.

Sometimes these youngsters are damned if they do, damned if they don't. It's a very difficult decision to make and blindly sticking with your club who's brought you through the age ranks isn't always the best decision, it takes a lot of thinking and sometimes it has to be a selfish decision. 

One things for certain regarding Tavares. He has unflinching self belief and he believes he should be playing 1st team football. The club rate him but the problems with the academy have aggravated his situation up to this season and it was indeed bizarre that he's been training regularly with the 1st team since Rodgers came here but it hadn't let to the obvious progression up until the last few months. 

I think he'll sign a new deal and go on loan to the Championship next season, I see us building up a bit of a link with Luton. 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

And which member of our, 3rd in the table, team should we have dropped to make room for this stroppy teenager? 

Just for clarification, I’m not suggesting we should..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You'd think they'd see how much the loan system has helped the likes of Chillwell, Barnes and KDH improve and push on and think that might work too. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's definitely an element of that, there's also been a tide turning in academy players opting to leave us. None of those that have have proven yet that it was a wise decision but the more it happens, the more confidence is drawn from others to make that same decision. Sancho opened the gates for a few others to get out of Man City and you can see the temptation.

Sometimes these youngsters are damned if they do, damned if they don't. It's a very difficult decision to make and blindly sticking with your club who's brought you through the age ranks isn't always the best decision, it takes a lot of thinking and sometimes it has to be a selfish decision. 

One things for certain regarding Tavares. He has unflinching self belief and he believes he should be playing 1st team football. The club rate him but the problems with the academy have aggravated his situation up to this season and it was indeed bizarre that he's been training regularly with the 1st team since Rodgers came here but it hadn't let to the obvious progression up until the last few months. 

I think he'll sign a new deal and go on loan to the Championship next season, I see us building up a bit of a link with Luton. 

I hope you're right. 

Just now, MPH said:

Just for clarification, I’m not suggesting we should..

Tavares should be  playing  cup games and Europa league games  and league cup games and a few  5 or 10minuts  in the premiere league , that's how you show a young prospect that you count  with him;  Phil Foden an Mason Mount are examples 

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

But, if Tavares was anywhere near as good as Foden or Mount, we'd see him regularly

How do you know  someone  it's going to  be  a good  player  without opportunity, Jadon Sancho left  and now it's a top player.  I hope sidnei Tavares leave and become a top player  

Just now, Simon alex said:

How do you know  someone  it's going to  be  a good  player  without opportunity, Jadon Sancho left  and now it's a top player.  I hope sidnei Tavares leave and become a top player  

They're given chances in training, behind closed door friendlies etc. If players have quality, it'll shine through. But, we're competing at the top of the Premier League, every youth player can't be given chances. Sancho has turned out to be a brilliant talent, but how many have gone away and absolutely flopped? Sancho is an exception to the norm.

2 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

...you have to, in this instance look at his physique and clearly he had a very advanced football brain!!!

Yes he was an exception but the mantra "if your good enough, your old enough" does sometimes apply.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you have to, in this instance look at his physique and clearly he had a very advanced football brain!!!

Yes he was an exception but the mantra "if your good enough, your old enough" does sometimes apply.

Also with exceptional players, you cant stifle them by keeping them within their age groups with little challenges, they have to be challenged at higher level of play, that is how good academy's operate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon alex said:

Tavares should be  playing  cup games and Europa league games  and league cup games and a few  5 or 10minuts  in the premiere league , that's how you show a young prospect that you count  with him;  Phil Foden an Mason Mount are examples 

you still have to be good enough to be that role. Maybe he thinks he’s better than he is?

I just posted in the "development squad" thread that I've seen little of Tavares until I watched the highlights of last night's game. I was very impressed by his speed in carrying the ball forward and with the instinctive quality of his passing. On the basis of that admittedly small sample of his play I would be disappointed to see him leave rather than be progressed further, and quickly, here.

15 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

Also with exceptional players, you cant stifle them by keeping them within their age groups with little challenges, they have to be challenged at higher level of play, that is how good academy's operate.

Mason Mount went on loan, any reason nobody seems to have wanted this amazing prospect in this country?