Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Sidnei Tavares

The lad showed promise which I’m sure a lot of the youth team & U/23s do but only a small minority get through to play regularly for the first team, if we were in the Championship or god forbid still in division 1 he would have a chance of regular football but our owners have brilliantly steered our club to the highest echelons of English football and unfortunately for him we have a fantastic squad but his agent couldn’t see that and persuaded the lad to leave. Wish him well in the future… 

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If you look at Sancho , he has gone from Man. City reject to £250 grand a week in just a few years. Young players like Tavares are going to believe they can do the same.

And why not?  Key thing is to believe in yourself, dedicate yourself as Ronaldo has done and see where that takes you. It is not a career for the half-hearted. Well, unless you’re Perez, but we’ve got a thread for that. 

On 03/09/2021 at 09:54, Simon alex said:

Even if this kid ( sidneiTavares) goes down the drain it shows that money was never the issue  with leicester  but playing senior football  was the problem.  Leicester  saved millions  and good luck to this kid now , he defenetly needs  to work , improve, suffer  and lucky  to become a top player and be back at top of the world the premiere league.   Good luck sidnei  il be watching you 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

The thing is it must’ve just been about getting back to Portugal as I imagine he’ll be on less than what we offered and I read he was going to link up with their B team which will probably be as poor a level as playing for our u23s

Edited by dbtcity

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope he does well, this club needed to give its head a wobble which I think it's well on its way to doing so anyway,  but still I wouldn't be surprised to see Tavares do pretty well in his career. 

Giving guys like Choudhury bigger contracts than they deserve, is why we're struggling to get rid of the likes of him, and to a lesser extent, Mendy.

Our U23 players, which are deserving of a contract the most currently, are Thomas and KDH.

I'd much rather have the wage we offered to Tavares, go towards Tielemans/Soyuncu/Pereira.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope he does well, this club needed to give its head a wobble which I think it's well on its way to doing so anyway,  but still I wouldn't be surprised to see Tavares do pretty well in his career. 

Fair play to him if he wants to go and play regular. I suspect that's why he's left? I don't know much about him but I've seen your posts about him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Another player we are lucky to have and have stayed thus far is KDH. At 23, he should already be a starter in an average PL club and be making more headlines and gaining more experience than where he is at the moment. He is a great player and I hope Rodgers really give him a chance to shine. I admire KDH for staying loyal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dbtcity said:

The thing is it must’ve just been about getting back to Portugal as I imagine he’ll be on less than what we offered and I read he was going to link up with their B team which will probably be as poor a level as playing for our u23s

In fairness, their B team plays in the second division, so the games are much more competitive.

On 03/09/2021 at 14:55, Ric Flair said:

Only other player who we've let go in recent years who has gone on to prove himself at the same level as we are is Chris Wood. I know Burnley are horrid to watch but he is a good player.

Could we argue Gradel falls into that as well do you think?

He was an absolute maverick but Pearson just couldn't find it in himself to let him off the leash.

I remember being gutted when we let him go and unsurprisingly he went on to have a very good career. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 4

It’s a weird one with him where he couldn’t exactly have complained about pathway to the first team. He was given opportunities in pre-season and Rodgers showed some faith putting him into Premier League games. He was quite clearly on that trajectory to becoming a first team player here.

He’ll no doubt back his ability to do well at Porto but he’s still, by all accounts, being signed for their B team.

I often think the value of training daily with a first team as strong as ours currently is is underrated. For instance, the methodologies and approaches at our academy probably haven’t changed all that much in the last 15 years but the likes of Barnes, Choudhury, Chilwell and Dewsbury-Hall have been moving into a first team environment with the likes of Tielemans, Fuchs, Mahrez and Vardy rather than Fryatt, Berner, Wellens and Dyer. 

Tavares could have stayed here and been in amongst that quality on a day to day basis, dragging his own standards up by immersion in that environment rather than going off and playing semi-serious football with Porto’s B team.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Could we argue Gradel falls into that as well do you think?

He was an absolute maverick but Pearson just couldn't find it in himself to let him off the leash.

I remember being gutted when we let him go and unsurprisingly he went on to have a very good career. 

Yesh it was annoying seeing us let Gradel go and then he went on to be lethal at Championship level which we were then at for a few more years.

• Like 1

He is likely to look too good for Porto B ,so a transfer to the main team could come quickly and then its up to him. I don't know Porto's manager but he could well give him chances and he needs to take them. Porto are a strong outfit and prove very competitive  in the CL so the opportunity is there for him.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It’s a weird one with him where he couldn’t exactly have complained about pathway to the first team. He was given opportunities in pre-season and Rodgers showed some faith putting him into Premier League games. He was quite clearly on that trajectory to becoming a first team player here.

He’ll no doubt back his ability to do well at Porto but he’s still, by all accounts, being signed for their B team.

I often think the value of training daily with a first team as strong as ours currently is is underrated. For instance, the methodologies and approaches at our academy probably haven’t changed all that much in the last 15 years but the likes of Barnes, Choudhury, Chilwell and Dewsbury-Hall have been moving into a first team environment with the likes of Tielemans, Fuchs, Mahrez and Vardy rather than Fryatt, Berner, Wellens and Dyer. 

Tavares could have stayed here and been in amongst that quality on a day to day basis, dragging his own standards up by immersion in that environment rather than going off and playing semi-serious football with Porto’s B team.

...he would be training in a good environment but learning nothing!!!

Going out on the park is where you learn, things happen and you have to make adjustments there and then or ask for help. You do not know what you need to know by just training in a first class environment. 

Take a look at Choudhury who has stagnated and struggling to develop, he is with the group year after year and must be so frustrated as he is unable to put anything he has learned into practice.

It is a great move for him (Tavares), the language will not be an issue but I suspect that was not uppermost in his thoughts when he decided to seek  pastures new.

• Like 1