Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Sidnei Tavares

What is it he wants? Money? I'm sure he is being offered fsir wages for a player at his level. There is no way of knowing. 

If he wants first team football, he can do one! What he done to deserve that? Nothing. 40 odd appearances at uq8 level and 4 appearances in the u23 team..... He's lucky to be training with the first team. 

If that is indeed what he is demanding (all speculation at this point) then he can go to one of these "big clubs" that he thinks will chuck him in the starting 11. 

It doesn't matter how talented he is if he is a bellend and from reading between the lines, that certainly seems to be the case. 

12 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What is it he wants? Money? I'm sure he is being offered fsir wages for a player at his level. There is no way of knowing. 

If he wants first team football, he can do one! What he done to deserve that? Nothing. 40 odd appearances at uq8 level and 4 appearances in the u23 team..... He's lucky to be training with the first team. 

If that is indeed what he is demanding (all speculation at this point) then he can go to one of these "big clubs" that he thinks will chuck him in the starting 11. 

It doesn't matter how talented he is if he is a bellend and from reading between the lines, that certainly seems to be the case. 

But that’s not necessarily what he’s saying tho. Like any young player he just wants to be playing football, it’s not ego or big headed-ness, it’s just natural. If we can’t offer him that opportunity then why not leave to a club that offers more first team chances. His dad isn’t saying that he should be first choice, but the way it’s been relayed to us fans is that, Sidnei wants to stay but wants more opportunity to play, and if he can’t get that then he will leave. Which personally I don’t disagree with and I won’t get angry at him trying somewhere else. 

I dont think we have the right to demand he stays in the under 23s forever until he’s “earned it”.

Edited by Dusty
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

But that’s not necessarily what he’s saying tho. Like any young player he just wants to be playing football, it’s not ego or big headed-ness, it’s just natural. If we can’t offer him that opportunity then why not leave to a club that offers more first team chances. His dad isn’t saying that he should be first choice, but the way it’s been relayed to us fans is that, Sidnei wants to stay but wants more opportunity to play, and if he can’t get that then he will leave. Which personally I don’t disagree with and I won’t get angry at him trying somewhere else. 

I dont think we have the right to demand he stays in the under 23s forever until he’s “earned it”.

The rumour a while ago was that he had refused a loan away. If the coaching staff have decided that is his best way into first team football then it is wrong for him to say he wants to stay at Leicester, but play in the first team.

2 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

The rumour a while ago was that he had refused a loan away. If the coaching staff have decided that is his best way into first team football then it is wrong for him to say he wants to stay at Leicester, but play in the first team.

If that’s true then it’s not great, but so many players go out on loan and things don’t work out. There’s a very likely chance that Thomas wouldn’t have played by now if he wasn’t given a chance last season due to injuries. Imagine if it was him now begging for an opportunity to play, we’d be missing out on someone who has showed he could be our starting left back for years. 

I’m not saying we should start him now, but at the same time we can’t be angry at him leaving if he isn’t getting the opportunity he thinks he needs. 

• Like 2

Why are some of you getting so offended over this?

When it comes to obviously talented players in this age range, clubs like us do not pay only for what has already been demonstrated at first team level … that would be idiotic.  The space between cheap youth prospects and pricey, PL-proven talent is where well-run clubs operate.

They project potential playing and resale value, knowing more will be misses than hits.   But the near-misses may still turn you a profit, while the hits will return many times the investment.  Tavares may not be worth 10K-20K/week at this moment.  But if he will be a 10M player in two years’ time, a five year contract at that price is great business.

Tavares and his family have let his contract end so they can play the market.  They have limited leverage, but some leverage, and would be fools not to try their luck.  Like whatever club ends up signing him, they are taking a calculated risk.  If they overplay their hand, he’ll pay the price of a hard landing.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Stay in the u23 forever? He has played four games..... 

I'm not saying he shouldn't get first team chances but he has to earn them first and he hasn't. You could argue that he hast even earned his place in the under 23 team yet. . 

If he wants first team football then fine but to think he can go to a big club and walk into their first team is very much big headed-ness. 

55 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Stay in the u23 forever? He has played four games..... 

I'm not saying he shouldn't get first team chances but he has to earn them first and he hasn't. You could argue that he hast even earned his place in the under 23 team yet. . 

If he wants first team football then fine but to think he can go to a big club and walk into their first team is very much big headed-ness. 

Whatever happens in 1 mounth time or 2 months we'll know  where Tavares its playing  and if he's good or not

14 minutes ago, dayday said:

Leicester are at a level now, unless you’re exceptionally talented, first team football is going to be very hard to achieve.

Probably for the best he moves on.

He should note how KDH is building his career and look to follow a similar path. 

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

Tavares is arrogant as he is conniving together with his family and I'm surprised the club haven't told him to go and play for Oadby Town by now. 

In his situation you need to look at what signal this sends to the academy players if he gets his way. I watched him in 1st team games and I was only mildy impressed in two of then. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Tavares is arrogant as he is conniving together with his family and I'm surprised the club haven't told him to go and play for Oadby Town by now. 

In his situation you need to look at what signal this sends to the academy players if he gets his way. I watched him in 1st team games and I was only mildy impressed in two of then. 

they don't exist anymore do they?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I am not sure conniving is the right word, they are clearly advising him, and not very well from appearances. There don't appear to be queues of big name teams linked to him at the moment. He might go to Portugal, but they wont pay more than we would. His best option would be a championship loan to see if he is as good as he thinks he is.

58 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I am not sure conniving is the right word, they are clearly advising him, and not very well from appearances. There don't appear to be queues of big name teams linked to him at the moment. He might go to Portugal, but they wont pay more than we would. His best option would be a championship loan to see if he is as good as he thinks he is.

The gaffer advised him to bulk up last season and he didn't do that either.

If you can't trust a player to do as they're told then let them loose. It all goes to prove that it is about money as I haven't heard of any other clubs being mentioned about him.

So yes, I'd say conniving is about right.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be against him being involved in the first team squad next year and having a proper squad number, cup appearances etc. However he needs to realise he is quite rightly behind Tielemans, Maddison, Soumare, Ndidi, Praet, Choudhury, Mendy and Dewsbury-Hall until he actually shows anything in senior football. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I wouldn’t be against him being involved in the first team squad next year and having a proper squad number, cup appearances etc. However he needs to realise he is quite rightly behind Tielemans, Maddison, Soumare, Ndidi, Praet, Choudhury, Mendy and Dewsbury-Hall until he actually shows anything in senior football. 

Here here

1 hour ago, Richard said:

By attitude alone he wouldn't fair very well! Plus either Mendy/Choudhury (or both) won't be here next season I doubt. If one did stay I'd prefer Choudhury (going back on every previous word I've said) due to the fact that Choudhury can break up play in that DM role that Mendy can't and with wilf in front.

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Know him personally then? If Leicester can’t guarantee him first team minutes, which we clearly can’t with the likes of Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Soumare?, KDH, Choudhury etc. then why should he resign for us?

Why shouldn’t he ask for more money if he can go and get first team experience at other top flight clubs in Europe? Either Leicester rate him that highly and they pay him handsomely, if they’re not gonna put him into the squad, or he can sign for another top flight club and get more opportunities.

A young player should strive for first team football. You show more arrogance thinking it’s his god given right to sign a contract and not have a guarantee of first team football or money when he’ll probably have other clubs offering him the former.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Know him personally then? If Leicester can’t guarantee him first team minutes, which we clearly can’t with the likes of Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Soumare?, KDH, Choudhury etc. then why should he resign for us?

Why shouldn’t he ask for more money if he can go and get first team experience at other top flight clubs in Europe? Either Leicester rate him that highly and they pay him handsomely, if they’re not gonna put him into the squad, or he can sign for another top flight club and get more opportunities.

A young player should strive for first team football. You show more arrogance thinking it’s his god given right to sign a contract and not have a guarantee of first team football or money when he’ll probably have other clubs offering him the former.

This is the point of contention isn't it. He and/or his advisors believe he is ready for the first team at a major club, his coaches and manager disagree. If it turns out that he is right then he will go elsewhere, if not, he needs to go out on loan and get some competitive experience.

30 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

This is the point of contention isn't it. He and/or his advisors believe he is ready for the first team at a major club, his coaches and manager disagree. If it turns out that he is right then he will go elsewhere, if not, he needs to go out on loan and get some competitive experience.

But that’s my point, he can not be good enough to get into our squad because of depth and our current strength in European football, yet be good enough to get first team minutes at a Portuguese team or lower half, “ Top 5”league team in Europe.

I’m sure clubs would be having these sorts of conversations with his agent about where they’d value him in regards to their first team.

56 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Errr not sure you know much about the situation. If you think that demanding salary increases, contract demands, first team football and, oh I forgot, not listening to the gaffer on serious playing styles and fitness issues is the right way to bully you're employer (whilst also begging for the contract on hedging bets he'll get one here and not one elsewhere) then who's the arrogant one. At least know the players basics before this drivel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Errr not sure you know much about the situation. If you think that demanding salary increases, contract demands, first team football and, oh I forgot, not listening to the gaffer on serious playing styles and fitness issues is the right way to bully you're employer (whilst also begging for the contract on hedging bets he'll get one here and not one elsewhere) then who's the arrogant one. At least know the players basics before this drivel.

Just curious do you actually know about him ignoring about play style and fitness or just guessing?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Have we signed  Soumare then? or are you assuming we have like me... 

43 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

If all this is true then why would we still be trying to get him to resign? Why would Rodgers want him at the club? You’ve seen the video of him and a young Raheem Sterling, I very much doubt Rodgers and the club are are being bullied by a youth team player 😂

If this was how Maddison was reacting then I’d believe that Rodgers would want him out the door so why is he still here?

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

If all this is true then why would we still be trying to get him to resign? Why would Rodgers want him at the club? You’ve seen the video of him and a young Raheem Sterling, I very much doubt Rodgers and the club are are being bullied by a youth team player 😂

If this was how Maddison was reacting then I’d believe that Rodgers would want him out the door so why is he still here?

Why would we be 'getting him to resign'?.