Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

seen it a few times on here that iborra was a dud. just don't get where that opinion comes from. he cost 14m, peanuts. he was bought on when we needed to sure up matches and did a good job. was a bit gutted he left as think he'd have been quality for us in the europa....which he won last season

and he was a very handsome man

Yeah to be fair he probably doesn't belong in that list. And only reason he moved on was because he personally wanted to go back to Spain, right? It's not like he wasn't good enough. 

9 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

seen it a few times on here that iborra was a dud. just don't get where that opinion comes from. he cost 14m, peanuts. he was bought on when we needed to sure up matches and did a good job. was a bit gutted he left as think he'd have been quality for us in the europa....which he won last season

and he was a very handsome man

Please everyone do not call Iborra a 'dud'.  Suzy the Fox's feelings need to considered here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That was only when Grealish returned. Prior to that they were every bit as shit as we were without Barnes.

Conversely though, I'm not convinced he is a good fit for Man City. Their game is predicated on quick passing and incisive movement in the opponent's final third. I think Grealish will slow everything down too much. Just my humble opinion.

48 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They were awful without him. Relegation form.

My bad..so Good result wise they weren't...but still IMO played some Good Football 

without Jackie-boy

Games: 17
Wins: 4
Draws: 4
Defeats: 9

Points per game: 0.94
Win rate: 23.5%

Goals: 18
Goals per game: 1.06
Goals against: 26
Goals against per game: 1.53

With Covid-crash-hero

Games: 25
Wins: 14
Draws: 3
Defeats: 8

Points per game: 1.8
Win rate: 56%

Goals: 43
Goals per game: 1.72
Goals against: 27
Goals against per game: 1.08

35 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Musa for £20m, Slimani for £30m, Perez for £30m, Ghezzal £12m, Silva for £22m and the 14 second fiasco, Iborra £14m

Our transfer are generally amazing, but I think a lot of our duds are swept under the carpet. 

Agree...I Dont believe Any of our various  recruitment-management groups, have been or done anything exceptional...

When counting the numbers of success / mishits..

Though some Good Youth investments, and  plucked from academy promotions, who stepped up earlier than expected, saved somewhat our bacon...

They Stepper in, we stepped up...

44 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Musa for £20m, Slimani for £30m, Perez for £30m, Ghezzal £12m, Silva for £22m and the 14 second fiasco, Iborra £14m

Our transfer are generally amazing, but I think a lot of our duds are swept under the carpet. 

Iborra would have thrived under Rodgers 

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

That's worded as though Iborra was the one we signed 14 seconds too late, when it was Silva.

And for the revisionists above - Iborra took too long to do everything. An asset in terms of the content of Suzy's daydreams, but not great for anyone watching him get dispossessed for the umpteenth time. Dud. If he looked like Slimani you'd all be saying it

• Haha 2

On 28/07/2021 at 13:19, urban.spaceman said:

Thoughts @Muzzy_Larsson?

Sorry mate been on holiday and just seen this. I’ve never been a massive fan of Hart but he’d be a huge upgrade on our current goalkeepers so would take him.

Barkas and Bain are two truly awful goalkeepers, the two worst I’ve seen in my lifetime and that’s saying something as we’ve had some shockers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Should we maybe wait until Daka or Soumare have played a proper game for us before proclaiming them brilliant signings?

Can't say I'm ready to reach that conclusion after 3 friendlies against lower league clubs, none of which we've won.

S01E01-yD09RVtL-subtitled.jpeg

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

While performance-wise he was a dud, we at least got our money back for Musa. Think calling Iborra a dud is a tad harsh too, he was a decent player for us and we also got back most of his transfer fee. 

Let’s not talk about Slimani, Ghezzal, Silva or Perez lol best part of £100m on that lot :( 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

His career ended on a bit of a downer. A lots of potential but I dont think he could ever get to level he could have got to. Last three or four seasons he cant say have been that special.

I'm always amazed that Downing got 35 England caps.

I should have at least 5 as a sub if he got that many.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Should we maybe wait until Daka or Soumare have played a proper game for us before proclaiming them brilliant signings?

Can't say I'm ready to reach that conclusion after 3 friendlies against lower league clubs, none of which we've won.

Good point.

Musa tore Barcelona apart. 

That ended well lol

7 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Got sent this earlier 

Couldn't resist 😄

Screenshot_20210802_204646.jpg

We laugh, but how far is this from the truth?  This is Harry Kane’s agent and sole representative …

CharlieK.JPG.22ac4cc2d241a8eba38a0ef91b0d3424.JPG

Charlie Kane.  Charlie is said to have been heavily involved in negotiating his brother’s foolish six-year deal, upon which he formed “CK66 Player Management” to handle all of his affairs.  https://ck66.co.uk/  In the 3 years since, CK66’s client list has expanded to … one.

321465056_ck66clients.JPG.2a1b4a4dc9564c254bc3cc33d1d1417f.JPG

Can you imagine how easily Levy shredded this rube in negotiating that contract, or how little he figures he has to fear from him advising Kane on his holdout?

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

We laugh, but how far is this from the truth?  This is Harry Kane’s agent and sole representative …

CharlieK.JPG.22ac4cc2d241a8eba38a0ef91b0d3424.JPG

Charlie Kane.  Charlie is said to have been heavily involved in negotiating his brother’s foolish six-year deal, upon which he formed “CK66 Player Management” to handle all of his affairs.  https://ck66.co.uk/  In the 3 years since, CK66’s client list has expanded to … one.

321465056_ck66clients.JPG.2a1b4a4dc9564c254bc3cc33d1d1417f.JPG

Can you imagine how easily Levy shredded this rube in negotiating that contract, or how little he figures he has to fear from him advising Kane on his holdout?

Charlie Kane is the most druggy-sounding name I’ve ever heard. 

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'm always amazed that Downing got 35 England caps.

I should have at least 5 as a sub if he got that many.

Well if you got five for that then I’m claiming 50 caps and seventeen hattricks for Carlton Palmer EVER putting on an England shirt. 

15 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I see this get mentioned a lot, but every club has them, and a transfer can never always be predicted how it’s going to work out.

Remember Alex Ferguson the greatest ever signed Veron for 30 odd million 20 years ago, Bebe, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Taibi and Wilfred Zaha - I’m sure there were others too.

Overall though, we do great business! And have many more wow moments than crap

• Like 1